/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
LG G6 may come with water-proofing and wireless charging
gsmarena.com/lg_g6_may_come_with_waterproofing_and_wireless_charging-news-22002.php

Samsung Galaxy S8 to come with stereo speakers, possibly Harman-powered
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8_to_come_with_stereo_speakers_possibly_harmanpowered-news-22001.php

Snapdragon 821-powered ZUK Edge leaked again in live image
phonearena.com/news/Snapdragon-821-powered-ZUK-Edge-leaked-again-in-live-image_id88636

Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime review
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_prime-review-1526.php

Pocketnow: OnePlus 3T vs S7 Edge
youtube.com/watch?v=IJSf45dufpg

old

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KAdRPrXdXTU
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1255531-REG/sony_1302_3633_xperia_xa_ultra_f3213.html
gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_6x_(2016)-8388.php
redbubble.com/people/spenglershirts/works/24178811-richard-stallman?p=iphone-case&phone_model=iphone_6s&cover_type=snap&type=iphone_6s_snap
gsmarena.com/zuk_edge_official_announcement_will_be_on_december_7-news-22007.php
amazon.com/BLU-LIFE-ONE-X2-Smartphone/dp/B01M13TSHR
amazon.com/dp/B01DZJFWNC/
fortune.com/2016/11/22/blu-products-backdoor/
phonearena.com/news/BLU-faces-class-action-suit-regading-Adups-software-that-sent-information-to-Chinese-servers_id88261
download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=kenzo
download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hydrogen
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for V20. Anticipating ZeroLemon developments for this phone.

I bet the S8 is going to look ugly as hell. S5 part 2

Third for v20

Love the phone but hate the lack of development. Maybe things will pick up after xposed for nougat. If not I'm going to trade it for a Pixel xl.

>LG posters

I got a 2G Nokia you faggot!

youtube.com/watch?v=KAdRPrXdXTU

(You)

but if you're an LG poster, your (You) is literally worthless
much like all LG devices 2+ months post launch

Agreed. OP totally deserves to be skinned alive, gassed, have his family killed, his dog and cat eaten by chinese, the house burned down and his lands salted.

>LG, the fuck, I aint touching that shit nigger

>impotent rage for a korean conglomerate

lol

Just ordered my Redmi Note 3 Pro.
How bad did i fuck up?

report the samefag and don't give him (you)'s.

For the phablet lovers out here: Sony Xperia XA Ultra for $229 bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1255531-REG/sony_1302_3633_xperia_xa_ultra_f3213.html

Anything better than the Mi5 at a similar price?

i would've loved to pick this phone up but i couldn't justify the price

went for an HTC 10 instead, expecting to get it this week. Galaxy S4 has been on its last legs for a while desu

Zuk Z2.

Replace the Honor 5x with with 6x.
gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_6x_(2016)-8388.php

Not bad, just don't be a retard who can't fix shit himself.

Samsung is alright though.

false reports are a bannable offense btw

I would buy a XZ Ultra WITH a fingerprint sensor.

Yeah they need to lower the price now the promos are dead. They were giving the phone out with free headphones/tablets/42' TVs a while back. While it's a great phone LG just doesn't have the brand recognition to sell it for $799.

>he upgrades every year instead of every 5 years for a noticeable and enjoyable difference

Went from 805 to 820 and the performance differences are noticeable.

On the 805 chrome loads Sup Forums ad elements 2~3 secs slower (blocked it, but empty box still appears) while on the 820 it's instantaneous.

And the 820 can decode 10bit weebshit without trouble!

so you can receive ads faster and jerk off to your kiddie cartoons even more than usual
doesn't seem worth it 2 b h

Now that the iPhone SE is kill and won't get a refresh, are there any sub-5" coming out in the next few months?

What about the ZTE Nubia Z11 Mini S?

Just buy a zuk z2. Not much bigger than the SE thanks to the screen to body ratios.

My dad and I need new phones for work. We work outside in hot and wet conditions which have fried the batteries on my Galaxy S5 and his Galaxy S4 Active. We don't want S7 actives because it's too expensive to buy two of them outright. So, I'm looking at the Kyocera DuraForce Pro and it seems like the best bet for what we need, I just wanted to know if anyone had experience with this device since I can't find piss for reviews online. And they're only $450, so that's pretty attractive as well.

USA, At&t, etc.

the iPhone 7s
>Replace the Honor 5x with with 6x.
No reviews...

I'm in the need of a new phone since my LG G4 got stuck in bootloop limbo and LG didn't do shit about it because my warranty ended 2 weeks before the issue.

Right now I'm deciding between the HTC 10 and the Huawei Mate 8, but I'm not sure if there's anything better than that atm for a similar price.

Had mine for almost a week now, this thing is a beast.. Bit of a bitch to format my SD to FAT32 but now it's golden. Battery life is insane, I can charge every two days

The meme is real boys

>Bit of a bitch to format my SD to FAT32
this takes all of 45 seconds

What's your SoT?

PSA: if you buy a phone without a removable battery, you played yourself.

Zte A310 is good ?

redbubble.com/people/spenglershirts/works/24178811-richard-stallman?p=iphone-case&phone_model=iphone_6s&cover_type=snap&type=iphone_6s_snap

bump desu

ZUK Edge official announcement will be on December 7
gsmarena.com/zuk_edge_official_announcement_will_be_on_december_7-news-22007.php

LG G5 vs V20 ?

Anybody have Ting or USMobile? What's the service like?

Is xiaomi coming out with a phone even closer to 100% screen than the Mix?

Im on the brink of getting the mix but id be pissed if they come out with a new one soon.

It's xiaomi, they release a new phone every other week. If you like one just get it.

True, but what can one do when the only phones with removable batteries are LG bricks and Samshit?

Am I the only one who thinks that the smartphone market is utter garbage right now, despite all the advances and cutting edge tech?

Yeah but the thing is that I saw something about a new one, but I cant seem to find it.

Samsung and Meizu and probably lots of others are working on bezeless phones, you better wait. the mix is just concept.

Shieet.

Better be true, user.

Best phone/note for emulators/games/movies?

I don't endorse companies that specifically include removable parts. I will agree that it's annoying how exclusive the idea is.

The smartphone market is completely saturated. That's what happens with a product reaches maturity in its life cycle; all the "innovation" is really just iteration upon iteration. That's why most smartphones sell on aesthetic, brand, or incremental change (i.e. "The brand new SD821 versus the 820" which actually holds no bearing to the average consumer).

Is there a way to make it so the alert slider isn't so annoying to use?

Right now, I have to manually set my phone to vibrate using volume buttons, but I want to use the alert sliders for that. This is how I want it:
Silent = Everything is silent
Priority = Everything is on vibrate
All notifications = Everything has their set sounds (ringtone, notification ding, etc.)

Can someone tell me this is me being retarded or is it Spotify being complete fucking imbeciles.

I just bought a Huawei p9, and discovered you cannot fucking tripple press, to play the previous song in spotify, because they haven't implemented that in their app for android??

What the fuck is this shit?
Is there a way to unlock it, or is it really not implemented?

All of them? I emulate DS and GBA games no prob on a Galaxy S4, which is over 3 years old by now. Streaming depends more on your data connection than anything else

I know these aren't smartphones, but how are these $20 card phones? Just need something while an OP2 screen replacement comes from the slow boat from China.

>True, but what can one do
Learn how to use a screwdriver

Debated between nexus 6 and moto g4 plus. Got the g4 plus just because it's 64 gigs and was slightly cheaper. Did I fuck the dog?

Never heard that saying before.

I like motorola products. Especially the almost pure Android versions. I have the 2014 moto X and it's awesome.

>buying a case for any phone that isn't an iphone or a samsung device

>screw the pooch
>fuck the dog

You've heard it. It's a Baltimore thing. So I made the right call? Nexus is cool but is older, had wireless charging. G4plus has fingerprint scanner. It was a toss up for me. Those are features that matter to me. Nfc too but neither support it.

bollocks lads i've smashed me phone.

>(((paying for music)))

Yes why wouldn't I?
I actually have money to do that.
I buy cd's too user, I like having a collection.

What is the absolute best phone for $200? I'm in the US using AT&T network.

I'm looking at this phone currently. Does anyone know of a better phone for the price? Bonus points for premium/metal construction.

forgot link

amazon.com/BLU-LIFE-ONE-X2-Smartphone/dp/B01M13TSHR

bump

amazon.com/dp/B01DZJFWNC/

scrap a few more for $ for this.

>chinkphone with worse camera, ppi and marginally faster processor for +$70
no thanks

>chinkphone with a literal botnet with a much shittier camera that will never receive an update to save $70
Drink bleach, nigger.

>BLU
>chinkphone
They're based in Miami. Designed by Americans. Do you have any evidence of botnet?

Top lel

Read some news

lmao

fortune.com/2016/11/22/blu-products-backdoor/

phonearena.com/news/BLU-faces-class-action-suit-regading-Adups-software-that-sent-information-to-Chinese-servers_id88261

Yes you fucked up, the only downside of the N6 was being fuckhuge and the amolel screen (burn-in and saturated colors), the G4+ only offered a fingerprint sensor, lcd screen and an extra GB of ram (assuming you got the 4/64 one) while the N6 has much better specs overall, no overheating issues, bigger battery and a much better camera, at least the G4+ has more pajeet roms I guess.

sheeit

Xiaomi Mi5c releasing today?

The N6 is a steaming pile of shit. don't listen to the (((google))) shill.

N6 also qi compatible. G4+ isn't. Don't make me regret it.

>tfw my G4 just got in a bootloop too
I'm here for you user ;_;

user, everyone's LG G4 is stuck in boot loop hell. I know two people IRL that went through the same shit and LG didn't give a fuck.
What phone did you get as a replacement?

Who here pixel master race

What's the cheapest iphone that's actually worth owning?

Not that user. Just grabbed the g4+. The only g4 to me now. Been thinking about mailing a bomb to LG. You think copper tubing, fertilizer, and copper beads?

Do I need 4gb of RAM?

Yes

Are you sure?

yes

/spg/ redpill me on the OnePlus 3T

>chinkphone

that's pretty much the only con. specs are fantastic

Friend had a backup iPhone 6s (no idea how since he isn't terribly rich), so I'm running that since IT JUST WERKS while I wait for my replacement to come in (it was still under warranty). I might ride out the rest of my contract on the 6s just because I'm worried I'll go into another bootloop

>tfw you just want a US made smartphone

Can confirm, am on my third g4 and it's a 505, meaning it will bootloop eventually. I have auto cloud backup stuff happening and am hanging onto my geek squad insurance because the no lemon rule is gonna kick in and they will throw some money at me.

Won't ever buy a phone without insurance after this experience though

Why couldn't Google make a cool or compelling phone? Why are all phones moving away from "power" users, even the Note line?

what does that even mean

RN3P and Mi Max got official CM14.1 nightlies now
download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=kenzo
download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hydrogen

SD cards and removable battery for one thing (two things?)

LG V20

>Mi Max
I've been thinking about getting a xboxhueg phone, does this mean the Mi Max would be a good choice since it has some good CM support now?

How easy is slicing a micro sim into nano form?

Whats wrong with the Lg G5 or Lg in general btw posting from my 2 week old G5 this thing is a beaut

Just bought an OP3T, roast me.

Very, cut everything but a thin layer around the outside, basically all metal.
I would recommend you be careful or get a new Sim if you can, last time I cut my Sim card too much and the frequent network disconnects caused a massive battery drain

Bootloop. And it's not an exaggeration

My G4 died 7 months after use. Fuck LG

Don't know a out the g5. But I bight my g4 mid July. It bootlooped. As did everyone else's.