So Sup Forums

So Sup Forums...
where do you download all of your programing ebooks/pdfs?

Other urls found in this thread:

docstore.mik.ua/orelly/bookshelfs.html
encrypted.google.com/search?q=intitle:"index of"#safe=off&q=o'reilly intitle:"index of /"
g.sicp.me/books/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I buy physical books.

Gentoomans Library.

I want to know this too. I need some C++ books not available online easily.

From here: docstore.mik.ua/orelly/bookshelfs.html

IT books (use Noscript).
Bookzz.org (4 or 5 download limit per day)
shodan.me/books/

Otherwise, go into IRC and look for the #bookzz channel.

Now get the fuck out.

libgen

Thank you anons.

not OP
how can I automatically download all books from shodan.me?

wtf is that thing in the op pic

It is a Tarsier

gen.lib.rus.ec

I'm wondering this as well

bumping for this

DELET THIS

>I buy

why? i'm serious. you are a it guy so i'm curious.

just because the topic is about technology doesn't mean you should circumvent the books board.

Use Google dorks to query "INSERT NAME OF BOOK HERE". pdf

You're welcome.

Different user, but
>legal
>no conscience problems
>support author
>support publisher (in case they deserve it like O'Reilly or No Starch or something)
>make sure writing and publishing books is still economically viable and possibly rewarding in the future
>physical is more comfortable to flip through
>more convenient for margin markings if so inclined
>paper and ink smell is nice with good paper and ink
>showing off not being a manlet by carrying proper books
>no electricity required
>more comfortable to eyes than LCD or even e-ink
>better sense of length and advancement with thickness
>feeling of superiority for having taken the moral path instead of depriving the author of the fruits of their labor, or worse, begging
Also, with a job, one is usually able to afford some books so unauthorized copying isn't necessary. Especially with the relatively good pay inherent in most IT or engineering jobs.

based. thanks for the explanation.

Poor unifag reporting in, I have quite an extensive digital library but like to buy the hard copies of books when I have the money. Partly for the reasons you mentioned but also I have this strange fantasy about a massive bookshelf loaded with excellent text books... My sister usually buys me one for Christmas, I'm hoping for a hard copy of ANCI C this year,

Library

Library Genesis

I personally do it because despite having 60+ gb of books, I've never read an entire one. However I read physical books without an issue. I think there's a lot to say about how spending money on something makes you more likely to use it. Also It's just so much more comfy to read paper than anything on a screen. All I read are textbooks and such, which blow on kindles/etc. Maybe when they make a 12 inch e-reader that isn't 800+ dollars I'll consider using that instead.

this...

Libgen is superior

Just make a script that collects all addresses to the books and then downloads them one by one.

It's an ayylmao from Lemuria.

let me show you a magic trick

encrypted.google.com/search?q=intitle:"index of"#safe=off&q=o'reilly intitle:"index of /"

bookzz.org

>shodan.me/books/
>piano for dummies
>poker for dummies

file_name file:.pdf

Just google it user.

I have to post it again? I must be the only one who pirates off IRC.

You can get almost any book off of IRC.

Servers: irc.undernet.org and irchighway.net

Channels: #books, #bookz, #ebooks and #ebookz

Forgot which channels are on what server, just try them all until you get to the proper channel. You'll know when you find it. Then just follow the instructions in the channel topic on how to search and download.

g.sicp.me/books/
there is torrent link

Can wget download http file indexes including stuff in directories?

Wow... The books here date from 2000 - 2008. That's medieval times in Internet years.

Protocols don't really change, a good amount of the core information is still relevant today

What about epub/mobi? lot of the books on shodan are PDF and many of those PDF's are image scans which will totally blow on a kindle/kobo or whatever