Hello Sup Forums

Hello Sup Forums
I have 200-300 euros and want to buy an amazing portable cassette player.
i.e. Panasonic RQ-SX91, sony WM-DD9, WM-D6C.
I live in Milan and am going to Tours in france tomorow for 3-4 days.
What do you recommend I buy for sound quality(as in listening i don't intend to record things) and where can I buy it?
Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jVoSQP2yUYA
youtube.com/watch?v=KhgXPl0cdJY
youtube.com/watch?v=fT4lDU-QLUY
youtube.com/watch?v=IJ81-TMP4pI
youtube.com/watch?v=CMTpvr9HXeI
coppertino.com/vox/resources/flac_vs_mp3
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UrfX-g8auc8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WHY THO

Maybe he has a collection of old tapes he wants to listen to? Also a lot of indie bands are releasing their music on cassette to curb pirating.

>2016
>cassettes

get with the times, grandpa

>Also a lot of indie bands are releasing their music on cassette to curb pirating.
yea let's pretend i'ts about pirating and not just hipster faggotry.

>to curb pirating

But cassettes enabled the first generation of widespread music piracy, it's comically easy to copy a cassette tape onto another cassette, and you can also just record it onto a computer easily too if you want. All they're doing is being hipsters about cassettes.

>curb pirating.
lol all those cassette rips are on what.cd.

>what.cd

what's that?

Fuck. I forgot.

Fuck I.m even sadder now.

run in through google

Ive been doing research into the difference between analog and digital audio. I've come to prefer analog.

Too soon

:(

Well, it makes sense. Analog has infinite resolution, while digital has those annoying stair steps.

Is this a meme?

Audio that has been digitized at high enough resolution is indistinguishable from the original.

In practice an analog signal is subject to electronic noise and distortion introduced by communication channels and signal processing operations, which can progressively degrade the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR).

yep, and when I was younger i was only listening to the crap bootleg type 1 cassettes which were ripped from the radio, so the quality was crap, and my cassette player was also crap so crap*crap= crap^2.

>crap*crap= crap^2.

The formula for calculating OPs conception.

>I'm too poor to afford a proper sound system so it all sounds the same to me

lolwut

digital graphs just show you stair steps, its because of sample rates
Doesn't mean the sound waveform is square

You like the 8khz hiss?

Why do you think im looking for a good portable music player like the DD9 or D6C? Dolby NR

>Implying your system can provide a better SNR from analog sources than the equipment studios use to digitize analog input

>Kek

Analog is better then digital.
Unless all of my music magically becomes FLAC files and i have a 1 terabyte sd card, then sure i'd consider listening my music through my phone again. But for when im in class, I need a dedicated music player.

Nope, I own no tapes. once I buy a cassette player then I will begin to collect tapes, the flea markets in Milan have a lot of variety.

Are these threads the new way of triggering autists on Sup Forums?

While I can see why you may think this thread is bait, I am genuinely in need of help to buy a portable cassette player.

While I can see why you may think this thread is bait, I am genuinely in need of help to buy a portable cassette player.

As someone born in the 70s, whose first car had a fucking 8trac player in it, these hipsters trying to revive cassettes are insane.

It wouldn't be so bad if you just outright said you like the style and feel of cassettes or something but you absolutely cannot argue audio quality in this case.

They're low quality, inconvenient in terms of size-storage density and degrade quickly over time unless kept in extremely strict conditions which includes never fucking playing them.

Enjoy cassettes all you like, collect millions of them if it makes you happy then I'm glad for you but just man the fuck up and admit it's just because you like the concept of cassette tapes as opposed to trying to condone it with nonsensical talk of quality or security.

why not just get a tape to usb recorder and digitize?

you know tapes aren't all that great. they get distorted if you leave them near strong magnetic fields, they distort if you leave them near a heat source. They eventually get the tape caught and tie it into a know that you'll never be able to unwind

you can't even skip only fast foreward and rewind

youtu.be/jVoSQP2yUYA
That does sound like a good idea, but I saw this video which says otherwise and how cassettes are better not converted.
youtube.com/watch?v=KhgXPl0cdJY

I was about to post the first video.

People don't give analog formats enough credit because they propbably only experienced the affordable, low-end ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=fT4lDU-QLUY

You realize DVHS was digital right? Just because it was recorded to magnetic tape doesn't mean it was an analog signal.

What you want is a mini disk player. They were awesome, like a combination of tape and cd. Just five years too late, clashed with mp3

I've still got all my tapes and the walkman I used to listen to them on; Sony WM-EX116

>Anti-roll
>Normal/CrO2 selector
>AVLS
>Removable belt-clip

I'll tell you right now that it was popular because it was cheap, I don't give the slightest amount of a fuck what some youtuber says, magnetic tape degrades from the very first playthrough of it and gets progressively worse with each one.

I had metal tapes, yes they were better, no they still weren't CD quality. They weren't CD quality. CD quality isn't even considered acceptable these days. A cheap mobile phone is higher quality than CD quality.

Pull your head out of your arse, take off the rose-tinted nostalgia/hipster glasses and accept that micro-cassette was cheap trash.

It's like VHS/Betamax all over again, the cheaper and lower quality format won over the one which was actually "good".

8track was the best consumer quality magnetic format available (And it was still fucking trash but it was all we had) and I bet none of you have ever even seen one of those you smug hipster cunts.

I have a sony diskman, its real good, shame it broke not too long ago. i put a cd in and it doesnt play it anymore. Since ive had the cd experience, my dad has a hifi system at home so i know how good they are, i want to try cassettes. If you guys have any recommendation of where i can buy one, please do post links.

>Pull your head out of your arse, take off the rose-tinted nostalgia/hipster glasses and accept that micro-cassette was cheap trash.

it's not like anyone claims otherwise, calm down.
also, hipsters and audiophiles are different categories.

Have you actually ever listened to tapes or are you just some kind of underage hipster who just discovered new shit to get into?
As someone who grew up listening to tapes I have no fucking clue why would you ever put yourself through this shit.

>cassette player
What year is it my man?

Yes, I had the carpenter's hit singles tape.
It was really good, I played it in my dad's old hitachi trk 8200, it sounded really good when I turned on the dolby features, also the bass trebble and voice boost was amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=IJ81-TMP4pI
youtube.com/watch?v=CMTpvr9HXeI

>muh analog sound
>flac is better than mp3

its just some retard who thinks digital audio is digital all the way to your ears

your headphones can't play digital sound, it has to be converted to analog, and that's done very early on.

people who say they prefer analog over digital don't know what they are talking about, digital can sound like anything you want it to, you can easily add in the analog effect. digital doesn't sound sterile, it sounds like it was recorded, because that's how it works

coppertino.com/vox/resources/flac_vs_mp3
In terms of quality, not size yes.

Look i just want to try and see for myself. its that simple. Does anyone have any recommendation for good affordable portable cassette player?

>CD quality is worse than a portable mp3 player
WRONG

if you want to really experience analog audio, go for reel to reel, that's as good as you are going to get

if you want a good mobile cassette player, just get a sony Walkman

Yep, But im asking if anyone knows websites where i can get a decently affordable Sony D6c or DD9? Also DD9 or D6C? In terms of quality of sound and music, i dont see myself recording.

should I post the video of people with high end headphones trying to distinguish the difference between 128kbps aac and flac?

Look buddy, I'm sorry you and some people online have hearing loss but it's just no contest, FLAC sounds vastly better.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UrfX-g8auc8

get fucked, flac fag

>mobile poster
>so poor that he can't even afford a computer
>definitely can't afford a proper hi-fi setup

>y-you can't hear the difference between mp3 and flac, guys

>that damage control

CD>Vinyl>MiniDisc>Mp3>Tapes

In all seriousness what do you guys recommend the D6C or the DD9?