How many of you have custom roms on their phones?

How many of you have custom roms on their phones?
I'm tempted on installing one on mine, but the pajeets at xda are getting lazy

cyanogenmod is the one to go for.
don't bollocks about with anything else.

I was checking and apparently there's no CM release for my phone yet. I was thinking on installing those "optimized" roms that are rooted and bloat free

CM is literally babby's first custom rom. Buy a phone with good developer support; CM is the literal pajeet and chink rom since it's usually the only rom that gets ported to obscure chinkphones.

I'm running pic related (Slim6 though) on my Moto E and its really good

Used to run fulmicsROM when I had my G3, it was alright but OTA updating never really worked

Running Slim6 nightly on my Nexus 5, best experience I've ever had

I would use one if my phone had anything even barely resembling community support, all I can do is root, unlock bootloader and install a custom recovery, but im waiting for the nougat upgrade first

t.motog4play owner and former galaxy s3 CM10 user until the thing shat itself

After awhile the only thing you're going to get with any phone is CM.
Developers almost always move on from a given cellphone.

Besides, everything is based on CM now anyway. It's not like the old days. The best you'll get is a glorified skin for CM with a stupid name.

Build your own AOSP ROM. It's not that difficult. If five foot tall third worlders who eat shit from their bare hands can do it, you should be able to as well. There are plenty of guides, videos, forums, etc. all just a couple searches away.

You overestimate the ability of the average westerner

I'm running N with heavy kernel tweaks on my first gen Moto G. It runs amazingly smooth. I get 8 hours of SOT after a full day. With stock it's 6 hours.

Android runs great on the weakest phones if you heavily tweak it.

how does cyanogen compare to copperhead?

>buying an iphone unironically

>feeding the botnet

are rom developers the biggest babies? xda is unbearable to read because of their constant need to be ass kissed.

I tried installing CM 14 on my phone but it fucked it up so I had to go back to a CM 13 based ROM because the fucking developer deleted the pure download links from cm's servers.

Where does CM fall on the bloat scale? Are there ROM's out there which are based on CM, taking the good aspects of it, but are slimmer and faster?

How is it? I've been running Slimkat on my M8 since the day I got it and haven't tried anything else but I feel I desperately need an update.

Get Slim6 with pico gapps if you need em, lightest rom ever. It's perfect user

I do on my OnePlus One. The reason obviously being that CyangenOS (not CyanogenMod) can go fuck itself and so can Cyanogen. Inc. for sucking Microshit dick.

I'm using CyanogenMod on mine right now, but I have used Slim previously. I used Carbon and ParanoidAndroid on my Nexus 4 which was really good.

I highly recommend either using CyanogenMod or something on XDA that isn't horrible [1337][KILLER][ÜBER FUCKING AWESOME COMPILED]XxX-DarkBloodROM-XxX[7.1][Xposed] shit. Something that a lot of other users are using which might point to good support or that it has a lot of problems. If you go that route: Read the fucking thread before installing.

I'm usually using modified stock roms with great stability and batterylife. I used to flash CM nightlies and OC/UV, but at some point I got tired of it.

Depending on your phone I can recommend it. My LG G3 looks and runs great with 6.0.1, G5 theme and security patches, Apex launcher. Had an uptime of over 1000 hours before a flight attendant told me personally to switch it off :(

Slim roms are generally decent enough. Two others I would look for are BrokenOS and Dirty Unicorns.

Certain devices stock just runs better. My Moto X Pure runs better on stock. CM and other roms based upon it have issues like no sensors or leds or audio driver problems due to the open source driver. Stock ends up working better with root (can use layers) and maybe if you require some further customization Xposed (power menu and drop down).

What is the easiest method to install CyanogenMod on my Moto G?

>Unlock Bootloader through fastboot
>Flash custom recovery through fastboot
>Boot custom recovery
>Factory reset
>Install CM zip
>Install GApps (Google Apps like Play Store).
>Reboot.

>Bugs:tell me :D

Yup, did the same on my Note 2 before the G3. Partly because I dont want to miss out on the camera.

CM13 on RN3P SE (aka Kate). Great phone, great ROM.

Looks troublesome. Guess ill stay on stock. Thanks for the help anyway!

Just install CM. Don't bother with the pajeet ROMs that will get abandoned a month a later.

>see promising rom
>official cm builds
>read the thread
>basic button functionality not working, camera is gimped to fuck, fundamental shit like sim service not working right, wake locks and SOD
>stick to stock

Basically what happens any time I consider a custom ROM on any phone. If you actually rely on your phone for anything serious it's not worth it.

cyangenmod or bust desu
otherwise stir up your own

Get a phone where this doesn't happen.

Name one. I've had dozens of phones and custom ROMs have always been shit. They are only good for tinkering and maybe updating a really old shitphone that was abandoned by the manufacturer years ago.

Moto G/X and Nexus

is not troublesome at all and if you find it difficult you don't belong in this board

What's a good for the S6 Edge that's security and non-leaking-data orientated? Is there even one? Google search generally just refers to the S5 or the roms don't mention anything about security

I just dont want to install any bloat on my PC.

AOSCP (Cypher OS) is breddy gud

>Moto G/X and Nexus

Just a quick question concerning Moto G:

Is the Moto G 3rd gen considered in your statement?

> Install GApps
Cuck

>Install GApps (Google Apps like Play Store).
GApps are a must?

I tried the latest CM recently, and it doesn't work.
CM13 works pretty well, though. and so does 12.

pretty much if you want to use anything even remotely google-related. it's almost impossible to use your phone seriously without it.

I do. Cyanogenmod 14, LG G3. CM is the only way to go with custom roms, but beware, there will be a few bugs, regardless of phone version or CM version.

Thank you.

I have been kicking around the idea of checking out a different ROM.

The battery life with the stock ROM is pretty good though.

Why did you switch from stock?

Running Cyanogenmod 13. 14.1 is way too buggy, and the other Pajeet ROMs aren't worth my time or my patience. Also for some time now XDA has become way dumber than it ever was. It is like all the users suddenly transformed in Pajeets/Abduls with the most broken english in existence.

>don't like something on CM
>remove it

There

Last security patch was in like january.
I'm up to october now.

I see. Worth considering.

Testy hshshshs

Did it for my >gf a couple of weeks ago, it was really simple and I'm a tard.

You need a very very basic understanding of command line, and you need to install Android SDK.

>copperheadOS
>Highly sophisticated operating system made by a reputable non-profit company
>regularly submits security-patches into upstream code
>free of any botnet

>Cyanogenmod
>made by some pajeets
>regularly used on designated shitting streets
>full botnet support

wtf I hate america now

>tfw I've used my phone without GAPPS for almost a year now and never missed anything

CM 13 on Galaxy S3, but CM 11 felt a bit faster desu.

Mind posting all you've done?

I also have first get Moto G. Teach me your ways senpai!

Fucking retard, go kill yourself

I'm a OP3 owner. I use CM14.1. It works fine. It's a little buggy with the lockscreen sometimes but it's not much to fuss about. It performs fine.

Also look for roms that are basically remixes or improvements of the stock roms from your manufacturer. I also used FreedomOS which is based on the official OP3 firmware, just stripped down and it was lovely.

Check some out for your phone, senpai.

Even for Nexus 6? It's several years old now, I'm just running stock Android.

Why so rude buddy?

I run CM 14.1 on my LG G3. The thing's about to die though. Gonna replace it with a Pixel.

The number of Android users doubled in 3 years. It's more than 1.6 billion now.

I have the AOSP + OMS rom and ZER0 byte kernel with overclocking enabled.
I also have an app called Resolution Changer and lowered it to 60%. You get used to it really fast.

For battery life, I have Force Doze installed with the motion sensor off in the settings.

>wasting all of this time trying to squeeze out extra SOT when an iPhone easily does it out of the box

Maybe if you used your time in a productive manner you could get a superior iPhone

Can some please tell me how to install the blank store? I downloaded all the micro G stuff but I don't really know what to do for the blank store instructions regarding the permission

But then I would have to use an iPhone.