What's the most popular distro right now?

What's the most popular distro right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12844227
segfault.linuxmint.com/2016/09/addressing-fud/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

macOS

Mint or Ubuntu

Mageia

TempleOS

Windows 7

this, it will provide you with protection from CIA NIGGERS

There's only one answer obviously.

Gentoo.

Arch and ubuntu

arch is popular on g

everywhere else, ubuntu and mint

The answer is and has been Ubuntu for quite a while.

Ubuntu and ElementaryOS (which is reskinned ubuntu LTS) after the great Apple migration that happened last month news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12844227

Masses: Ubuntu LTS
Developers: Fedora 25 (including Linus)
Hackers: Exherbo
Criminals: SubgraphOS
SJWs: MacOSX
Gaymans: Windows 10

Kevin: Solus 1.2.1

Ubuntu

Subgraph isn't out yet. It also doesn't have the best security model nor is it popular enough in general to catch the intention of anyone let alone ne'erdowells.

good answer though

Mint is the Ubuntu of the second half of the 2010s

Ubuntu

I like Linux Mint but it isn't as popular as some might think. The team addresses this themselves.

>I’ve seen Distrowatch statistics used both as a way to promote and deny the idea that Linux Mint is popular. Let me shine in here.

>The main ranking on Distrowatch is a “page hit ranking”. It has nothing to do with how many users a distribution has, but how many unique visitors click on a given distribution page. As such, the fact that Linux Mint topped the Distrowatch ranking for years doesn’t mean it’s the most widely used. It means it’s the one people are the most interested in when they visit Distrowatch.

>We do not encourage people to go and click on Mint in Distrowatch, we never did and we never will. I can’t imagine who would be sad enough to go and do that on a daily basis, and I really hope nobody does. If you do, it goes without saying, please stop.

>Distrowatch also maintains traffic stats. Of course you don’t see “Linux Mint” there (I’m not sure whether that’s because people who browse Distrowatch are less likely than people who browse Wikipedia to run an obsolete version such as Mint 10 or older, or whether the DW team merged the Mint and Ubuntu stats together there). Just as Wikimedia stats, we’re unable to get “Linux Mint” stats, because our user-agent is the same as Ubuntu.

>In 2011, when our user agent was unique, we were able to use these stats to assess that, within the people who visited Distrowatch, there were four times more Ubuntu users than Linux Mint users, and four time more Linux Mint users than users of the third most popular distribution (which was Fedora at the time if I remember well). What happened since? We can only guess but we can’t measure.

segfault.linuxmint.com/2016/09/addressing-fud/

Arch

What makes Fedora popular with developers?
It's one of the few distros I haven't tried.

Hey, HEY! PSST!

>New comers and beginners only
Ubuntu
Debian

>Intermediate professionals
RHEL
Fedora

>Expert hackers, top tier server usage and serious programming
Arch
Gentoo

>(including Linus)
not anymore

Admins: CentOS, Debian

>mlp
Prepare for autism to infect this thread, and to answer your question, Gentoo :^)

>>Expert hackers, top tier server usage and serious programming
>Arch

How good is SubgraphOS?

Are you mentally retarded?
> New comers and beginners
Gentoo. Because ChromeOS with 3% market share built on top of it.
> Intermediate professionals
Centos, Fedora, SUSE.
> Expert hackers, top tier server usage and serious programming
Debian, Gentoo meme if you're autist.

Solus.

So what is he using now?

>posting smug gurls instead of give an argument

classic anime poster
stay subhuman, stay inferior