What is the most hacker thing you have done Sup Forums?

What is the most hacker thing you have done Sup Forums?

I once used chopsticks to eat a burger and fries

Heh, kid, I'm giving ya a warning... you better unplug your ethernet cable immidietly or you'll know soon what my most hacker moment is...

Joined Sup Forums

tell more

probably when i installed gentoo

I once put a printed out picture of a BLT sandwich into the CD ROM drive of my laptop.

I tampered with some http packets to send in a highscore for some shitty flash game to impress friends with my score.

it's actually a dvd drive

i was so bored at the hospital that i learned how to use wifislax and hacked a couple wifis. only one had decent internet tho

also one time i got into a honeypot. took me some time to realise

Web scrapper for downloading premium user tutorials when a non premium user is used.

Bypassing authentication for online libraries of some universities.

Some basic SQL injections and using some PoCs vulnerabilities on some sites/servers.

Bundled a trojan and got people to download it during the Skype golden years.

Pretty meh stuff really,I am actually really interested in security , however not much jobs for it here (eastern Europe) and I already went the backend web dev route.

I can swap two integers WITHOUT a temporary variable, using only XOR

set up a sort of dead mans switch on a server at a previous workplace
in the event that someone fucked with something i told them not to fuck with, everything would shit the bed
and of course they fucked with it, and about 20 grand worth of server hardware got toasted

>webscrapprt for downloading premium user tutorials when non premium user is used
Which site

damn. how did you do that?

holy crap you too, i meet this Sup Forums guy last month it was sooooo brutal XD

wifi jammed my library

distributed a keylogger

>also one time i got into a honeypot. took me some time to realise
story?

When I was a kid, I used to hack into people MSN account by guessing their secret question answers. It was ridiculously easy.

looked over someone's shoulder and stole their runescape password

Sniffed a key of my next door's wireless back in 2010

WEP is so shit.

used to go to IRC with an australian friend and we would just get in random channels and nmap literally everyone, until we found this one guy with port 23 open
the password for the honeypot was probably something like "admin" or shit like that
it was literally empty, it even lacked basic linux commands and programs like "vi"

are you sure you didn't do it to win a tv?

Deleted my System32 directory.

Installed Ubuntu.

now that's some hacker stuff

The tutorials are in my native language and I don't want to disclose as I don't want them to fix their stuff.

Also made a youtube video for hacking wow accounts, so that idiots send me their accounts and I sell their gold to the Chinese . But that's not really technical .

>reverse engineer a game client, hack the shit outta it
>crash the official servers accidentally a few times
>wreck the game developer totally in his own game with your cheating client
>write a custom server that is faster and more secure than the original developer's

Downloaded a shitton of ram

I once took a firebox II and turned it into a OPEN-WRT router. Then I dressed up as Russell Brand and met up with Jonathan Ross I then gobbled his cock and went home

Yeah well I installed Kali

help me

cracked the wep password of my neighbour's router to shut down his internet since he was listening to internet radio at extremely high volumes.

can use cheat engine like a fucking normie in 2016.

You do know you shouldn't install it right ?

>got a dump of a ticket sale web page in my country with a sql injection attack. got 15k credit cards. over 10k are still valid.
>bypass paywalls to download content
>attacked a coffee with a modified version of MSN messenger, trolled my victims just for the keks.
>wifislax fun

>install keylogger on computers in high school lab
>get lucky - the sysadmin logged into one of them
>"I'm in the mainframe"
>access to school network, servers, teachers' file shares, etc.
>got to see tests / assignments in advance
>had to intentionally answer some questions wrong on tests so as not to arouse suspicion
>saw principal's contract - in addition to megabux, he got a house and car paid for by the school - dafuq??

now i just shitpost on Sup Forums and spam twitterbots that scrape Sup Forums and use the comments to feed the markov chain generators

unless you're some fag who decides to install a shit ton of stuff over it, installing kali isn't really a problem. as a desktop os id probably install backbox instead though.

using my own created OS, nobody can see what i do, its all crypted by miners.

feels good.

>2016 not using your own OS, good luck with NSA.

Why would you do that?

>Things that never happened

Distributed phishing software on a pedo-infested chat game and put memes on the account of the retard who actually took the bait.
Downloaded a joke Bash script some bully advertised in my school and wiped a list the script updated when you launched it, making him lose a competition to who will get the most victims.

not that user, but it all happened in ultima online, not all at once

client protocol was reverse engineered long ago, pirate servers created and the pirate servers themselves could be fucked with with lots of cheating, specially early Sphere, but it doesnt count as cheating the original developer.

then later a server more secure than the official one was indeed created, RunUO.

none of this was the same person, but for a simplier retro game or current indie, its quite possible

It's ok, you don't have to believe it. This is Sup Forums after all.

The game was written in Java. No it wasn't Minecraft, it was way older than that. It was developed by a single person who wasn't very competent but smelled the money. You could play the game for free for thirty minutes, premium had no restrictions and some extra.

Me and my friend liked that game, so we thought that we should bypass that restriction. The classes were obfuscated. There was one tool that produced java code out of them, but you couldn't compile that code. After lots of work my friend made it compile, but the code was still a mess. Slowly we started to make sense of the code. We noticed all kinds of silly things like swear words being filtered client side only and that every command was prefixed with your nick.

So we experimented things like changing the nick on the fly, and everything worked. The server was pretty flexible, it accepted all kinds of silly changes. You could change your nick to some other person in the server, and pretend you're him. Some things worked like that and sometimes you got disconnected. Then things got silly, we noticed you could create rooms which held 9999 players instead of the maximum 8 that was limited client side once again. There were no restrictions on basic things, and you could make the server go down with rooms that have -1 players. Our theory was that the server was written in Java as well, and some exceptions were fatal for the main process.

[1/2]

[2/2]

The game itself was about racing, and you could hit other cars as if you liked. Sync was done by clients, so you could teleport yourself in front of other cars and crush them. So I simply forced the main dev into my room and started it instantly, raping him in game. Rinse and repeat until he got mad. Shits and giggles were had. It took months like that until the dev fixed the major problems. Even then, you could break some things here and there and have fun.

Finally we started working on the server. We never made it ready, but the minimal functionality was fast and nice. It wasn't very playable, it needed some more effort to make it interesting. We didn't have time and the group fell apart before we finished.

Scammed kids in Runescape to drop their items and give me their account passwords etc.

No Chinese,Japanese,Korean does this

>he was too poor for a blu-ray drive

I've followed step-by-step instructions on how to mod a videogame.

Used gameshark on an emulator.

>What is the most hacker thing you have done Sup Forums?
Finding out that the default windows policy manager wasn't restricted back in high school. Provided you had some basic know how you could yourself quite a few rights.

i did this too except nobody cared about my private server and then the game died

It's pronounced "Optical Drive."

I'm Chinese and I've eaten fries with chopsticks before. I typically also eat chips with chopsticks too so I can continue using my keyboard and mouse with both hands.

>I typically also eat chips with chopsticks too so I can continue using my keyboard and mouse with both hands.
shit nigga that's kinda genius in a really roundable retared way

Guessed my neighbor's WiFi password on the first try because they had a flag of their favorite sports team hanging in front of their house.

Shit, that sucks. But I get it. There are things like legal issues if it's a proprietary game. Massive amount work for so little. Only hope is that it takes off and becomes better than the original.

used PHP exec() to turn a web hosting service provided by the college I go to into a VPS

My friend and I in highschool figured a way to silently disable DeepFreeze on the school computers. Then installing whatever shit we wanted without having to do it every day in the computer labs. That was the most 'hacker' thing I've ever done.

I've done plenty of other cool things using a network and shell script since.

stole the admin ntlm hash from the library,now just to crack it

install whatssap in my aunt's cellphone

I dropped a chernobyl virus into school network after graduating.

PHP should run with user/apache permissions, how exactly did that help you run commands with root?

Post on a hacker related thread on Sup Forums

Use Google to find open ftp servers.

anonet connectivity

1.3.37.1/24

>tfw dednet is ded

also modded some flash games a few years ago if that counts

I hope you're using a C2D or lower and I hope you disabled IntelME. Because if you didn't, your custom operating system offers no additional security. IntelME shares flash with the BIOS and has full TCP/IP stack and memory access and can ignore your firewall and send network packets and receive them too. It's like having a little NSA computer buried in your CPU that does whatever it wants.

cd..
cd ..
cd do
cd downloads/
mv pepe3.jpg /../pictures/pepes
cd ~

I put two stickers on my thinkpad

I guess I know why my old principal had a huge house now.

I tried to ddos school servers using ping from command line.

Changed my mac address every hour to keep getting a free complimentary hour pass on the local pay-to-use wifi hotspot

>mewithsunglasses.jpg

Developed a winapi c program replacing IBN in your clipboard with meme foundation one. I shared the code on local equivalent of reddit and the next week the biggest Bank of my country blocked pasting on their site. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't believe you

b-but if you use the c-chop s-sticks, how kan you u-use keyboard and mouse at the same t-time?

I once stole billions of internet data from americans across the globe.

I just deleted the whole internet. Good luck boys.

>be me
>Edgy teen kid around 14 maybe
>discovers phishing
>make a fake fb page
>use a fake account and start talking to qt Australian girl
>she said me to take her Virginity since I told her I lived a town away
>I said sure
>click this link I have some nudes here
>it's the fake page
>I get her password
>sees all her chat with other girls
>she's only talking about me
>ohno.jpeg
>I Never login again

I hope you're at least cute else not accepted.

If it's stupid but it works it's not stupid.

Basically the same but my in my high school it was in a text document

I'm guessing that some admins couldn't get their permissions to work properly and modified the user that ran apache. I've seen it done.

used cain & abel in high school and captured an ntlm hash, ran it through a 600mb rainbow table and it gave me r/w access to the system image repo for every workstation in the school. they were not encrypted. i wish i had put a keylogger in there.

I discovered a vulnerability in a BB forum that allows normal users to post and execute php code in the server. I was about to post an infinite loop but finnally I didn't do nothing

I once had to bypass some security measures of a billion dollar company to gain direct access to a video of a presentation from a senior worker.

Idk if it was illegal, but the senior member itself (who was the latin america lead at the time) asked me to do it. I did it anyway.

I guess the best part of it is that you learned about security and vulnerabilities. I am glad you didn't move forward.

You seem like a great guy, user.

Back in like 2005-06, I found a MySpace bot and exploited the friend adder system to the point where I maxed out my friends on my account. I think the limit was 5000. Did it for a while.

Lay off the bath salts, John.

Revenge? Job security?

I also created two virus-like to get access to some data from business.

I never actually deployed them, since I got into an agreement with the lead companies to send me the data. But it was a major factor to get through this agreement.

"You can sell me the data or I will contact the businesses and buy straight from them"

while in highschool installed a keylogger on my friends computer. Got her fb/email login, read private stuff, quickly got bored of it.

>Bypassing authentication for online libraries of some universities.
splain

This one kid was watching YouTube videos and laughing like an autist in the library so I deauthed him until he left

Ahhhh the good ol' days

>finnally I didn't do nothing
fag

How could I find out where a certain person lived if they don't click links and don't really have much that reveals their location?

I can't say whom.

trump lives in the trump tower, user

I used inspect element to change my friend's name to "Dick McFaggot" on facebook then sent him a screenshot.

Nah, not Daddy Trump.

A Twitch streamer.

Some things you're not supposed to see