Be me

>be me
>just install Ubuntu Gnome 16.10
>tfw 心地よ

Why would anyone ever run any other distro or DE? Don't you want to be comfy user?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/horst3180/arc-theme
download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Horst3180/xUbuntu_16.04/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Manjaro is pretty nice for me.

never had a good experience with manjaro

Gnome is the best DE but it requires several ram, some computers dont have enoiufh :((

it does not have a real desktop. minimized windows arent on the taskbar because some retard thought that huge preview images on a fullscreen window are better.

Because
> be me
> have a second pc you dont need and just want to surf/ watch tv on it
> go for ubuntu gnome
> install
> everything wurks
> install gpu driver
> reboot
> black screen
Its shit

What's that theme?
Gnome by default looks ugly.

That's the arc theme. The one that every kid uses nowadays.

Arc darker i think
i use it and it looks pretty similar

>chromium with 5 tabs
>spotify open
>shitposting
>telegram open
stlil have 1GB free on a 3.65GB system
>implying
you can use dash to dock retard, there's also extensions to bring back an old taskbar if you're too stupid
Arc Darker, would use Arc-OSX but it's broken on 16.10
it's the only good one really
>too retarded to run ubuntu

Not retarded the driver manager is just shit

>installing an october release after an lts
>using gnome
Why would you do that? ubuntu is nice, yes. But honestly you should use i3 or openbox, thats enough.

>he doesn't use intel iGPU

> like you would

This is a major problem with Linux. Switching drivers can cause crazy glitches.

I like using Ubuntu LTS with Unity.

I agree, Ubuntu GNOME 16.10 with the Arc Theme is the best Linux distro.

For me
Gnome shell and
Gnome web 4 tabs and
Polari irc and
Gedit with two large files

And im already at 3 gb

If i had 2gb computer i would sudoku

the thing is ram is cheap, if you own a thinkpad it's easy to upgrade, and macOS and Windows 10 use similar amounts of ram if not more so idk why people complain about "gnome uses too much ram"

>>be me
Who else would you be?

>using ubuntu

I'm comfy on slackware with cwm-openbsd window manager.

KDE /thread

I think I'm stupid. Ubuntu GNOME doesn't come with this theme by default, and I can't figure out how to get it myself. Yes, I've googled it. I found that one website, gnome-look.org or whatever, but I couldn't find the theme.

Normally I wouldn't spoonfeed but here you go.
github.com/horst3180/arc-theme

If you have Ubuntu 15.04 - 16.04 run these in terminal:
sudo sh -c "echo 'deb download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Horst3180/xUbuntu_16.04/ /' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/arc-theme.list"
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install arc-theme

If you're running 16.10 just run:
sudo apt-get install arc-theme

regards,

Thanks. Loved this theme ever since I saw it as the default in the GNOME version of Manjaro.

Ayyy, I fucking love gnome. Didn't use it forever because Sup Forums said it was the worst and it's so different at first but I absolutely love it, especially on screens where resolutions are lower.

The worst part is that there's so much wasted space on titlebars without manually shrinking them which works on all apps that weren't built specifically with gnome in mind (e.g. the file explorer) but otherwise it's great.

Gnome isn't that great on my highDPI surface screen...
The DPI settings just make half the menus bigger, don't change most of the fonts and make the title bars 3 times bigger.
Xfce works very well, though.

>>be me

My suggestion to you is to try Fedora. I was an Ubuntu GNOME user for years and when 16.04 came out and introduced major problems with dpkg, I had to move.

Fedora gives you a MUCH nicer GNOME implementation with very few applications installed by default. It's a small amount more involved of an initial setup because Fedora only has open source applications in its official repos, so to get to an Ubuntu-like state, you've got to go enable the RPMFusion repositories, but once you've done that, replace "apt" with "dnf" and everything basically feels the same.

Aww really? What's the resolution of your screen? I planned on using gnome3 whenever upgrade to a 2560x1080 monitor and now I'm worried that might make it look shit.

>inb4 falling for the ultrawide meme

Yup. I did.

you'll be fine, I used it for a while on a 2560x1440 monitor and everything look fantastic

Because I already went with the objectively superior choice: dual boot Windows 7 and Debian Jessie (Cinnamon).

It's a surface pro 3, so 2160x1440, but on a 12" screen, that's what causes the issues I have, I guess

Xubuntu>>>>>>Ubuntu Gnome