Tfw even bleeding edge tech doesn't excite you anymore

>tfw even bleeding edge tech doesn't excite you anymore

suddenly all my equipment feels so useless.

Well technology has stagnated for the past few years. Nothing innovative or new really

There's nothing to do with it.

I wanted to feel excited about virtual reality but meh

Ever since Windows 10 came out, it feels like the PC world got really fucking boring. All I do anymore is shitpost and fap to cantonese cartoons

I think it's a good thing. Technology is just means to an end. Why would I care about some new gadget if it has no real relevance to my life? Perhaps I'm just getting old.

its mostly just been inproving and comercializing products that have existed for awhile. VR, 3dTV, higher res, speech reconition, cloud computing, etc. I havnt been exited in awhile. I think it has to do with companys not being able to sell tech unless its dirt cheap and the only companys willing to take risks are too small to do that. the tech market has become boring megacorps.

know that feel

Stopping giving a shit about any kind of gaming recently too.

Literally the only reason I haven't fucking killed myself is because of technology. So the technology market stagnating is shitty.

Maybe you should stop limiting your technology interests to computers then.

See this is because software needs to catch up. When we can't figure out where to go next with hardware, we need software to catch up and push the limits of the current hardware scene. Once our software effectively finds the limits, we can refine it until its super efficient so that we can make due with the stagnant hardware situation until then.

That being said quantum computing is making progress. Still very basic though, as it's no longer just binary. Apparently China has been making pretty big leaps in quantum computing.

I have a sneaking suspicion for personal and entertainment use, quantum computing's applications will be limited. Perhaps we'll have QPU cards.

I feel that way because it's all become so feature-poor and useless. I mean, I work in IT and all I see is expensive garbage every day. I'm on my 3rd attempt to develop an Android app and I'm just sick at the lack of basic stuff like ODBC drivers. Every time I try to get help, all I see is smug little shits going "HURRR write a JSON web service instead cuz raisins!1one." Yeah, let me duplicate the work with another layer/dependency that just goes "oops" if babby's porridge isn't juuuuust right.

what else is there?

Miss me yet?

That's called depression, you may want to speak to your doctor

VR is so great, and yet i just can't feel that child-like wonder over it like i used to for new gaems and graphics cards when i was like, 14.

You could say its been disappointing because it's bleeding edge and there's little content.
But perhaps it's that when we were kids, we never had access to all the latest and greatest gadgets so our imagination would turn those gadgets into something way more appealing than they actually are/were. That, and adults have diferent priorities - toys sort of htake a back seat in the life of an adult.

>not giving a shit about games is depression
Are you 12?

Lol i was releived when i grew out of videogames. When you write code all day going home and getting on the computer is usually not what i want to do

I program all day (more or less), go home, spent time with the family, then spent a lot of the evening drawing on the computer. There are other things to do with your machine, rather than just tippity tappity and vidya.

for some reason im the opposite. In fact video games seem more appealing to me for some reason even after working on a computer all day. Im thinking its ADHD or something, its like I don't have the same amount of patience I used to years ago

You might just be working too hard when you're at work that you're mentally exhausted by the time you get home. Speak to your HR guys about it.

blame moores law

Tech is stagnating so fast my pc from 2010 and oldass mobile phone from 2013 is still useful

i miss the 90's and 2000's was absolutely fucking amazing, the difference between hardware 2-3 years old was amazing now there is literally no difference.

the 60-80's must have been amazing for ancientfags seeing tech today

I guess we need to wait for a major breakthrough before that happens again. Who knows what breakthrough we would need though

I blame intel and Nvidia for holding everything back

Volta would have been out by now if AMD didnt stumble but ill admit 2x nm held alot of stuff back for a long time

Also Fucking Intel selling cpus based on 8 year old tech for $500 and still no Oct Core i5's is a absolute joke.

i havent seen cpu's stagnate this bad since the early 2000's