Itt reasons you havnt gone 100% linux

itt reasons you havnt gone 100% linux

Microsoft Word, because LibreOffice's compatibly with it is fucked.

>140x37
Another reason you haven't switched yet

windows 7 is flawless.

League of legends

ITT some Rakeesh trying to earn his rupees

sage goes in all fields btw

Games and programs which i can only get on windows for my job.

Lazy, and lacking a USB hard drive. All my shit is on Windows, and I've only backed up the vital/irreplaceable, meaning I'd have to redownload and resort roughly 180GB of shit in order to format my SSD. Plus gaymen, though most of what I play is Wine-ready, but it's easier to just launch Steam and go. Last thing is NVIDIA GeForce Experience and Gamestream. I throw my laptop into winshit mode, grab my Bluetooth gamepad, and go soak in the tub for 2 hours while I enjoy some Dank Souls or throw down over netplay in old SNES fighters. Shit's comfy. There are other ways to stream your PC to your phone, but Moonlight works over LTE with no issues, and is always fast and stable as fuck.

Photoshop or a half decent alternative.

Krita is close, but its filters and text tools are clumsy and clearly meant for digital painting

Krita is pretty much only meant as a painting program, yeah.
I think its getting support for animating too, but its not meant as a general image manipulation tool

still need windows 7 for games and work

Linux on the desktop is a high-maintenance joke. That's the main reason.

It's easier to use and update than Windows 10 is, what are you talking about?

Revit, autocad, AI/Corel, Photoshop

>high-maintenance

I do WAY less maintenance on Xubuntu than Windows. You're talking out of your ass on this one.

>neo-Sup Forums in summed up

>has never used Linux

Back in 1999, I got a copy of red hat from my school and had no idea what I was doing. Granted the internet didn't have wiki's or any real n00bie guides back then but I think I'm just too stupid.

Wow you're gay desu

OneNote
Excel
Photoshop CC
Edge
Discord

Ok if u want to know im Windows user and also i installed ubuntu on my Virtual Box to start learn it.

First of all
-I find it hard to do things like change resolution with simple button i know find it on youtube or google what ever i do it it works but why the fuck should i open some terminal and write things into it ?

-*oh you are lazy fuck and you dont wanna do anything ...

Well honey its 2016 and peoples dont give a shit about anything the consumer want to use it as simple as its possible if this is not in distro for total noobs then im not even ask if this is in any other.

Second i like downloading from repositories its fun but of comon user ? You gotta be fuckin kidding me right ? Peoples who dont know open their fcking mail and somebody wants from them type somthing like "sudo apt-get install skype" You wot mate ?

Linux is just too hard for peoples who like to go fast on net, switch some shit or just play games on thier computers... I take it its free its open but its not for common users if Linux will never be able simple tasks like change resolution on few buttons then nobody will even care about it for next 40 years.

Linux devs think good software is basically copying commercial software badly to work on a 70's operating system architecture.

MS Office
Photoshop
eGPU support
Random bugs you need to google and dwell into the terminal to fix

Low quality b8, m8.

>Edge
wow you were really trying hard aren't you

>Windows 10

I'm using it right now to type my finals

I feel so uncomfortable in windows

what's with eGPU again?

I'm used to Windows and it needs little time for me to keep in order.

>reasons you havnt gone 100% linux
Not enough games have Linux support, I could either go Linux and use either the half-ass wine or a VM or I could just stay on Windows.

Mine works only on a single screen when using Linux, unlike Windows which changes screen automatically according to the active GPU.

solidworks
adobe photoshop / premiere
corel draw
vive support
overall gpu performance hit

these are all things I need to work for capitalist activities

wtf is this shit srsly, LE JUST GO TO about:flags AND LE CHECK VP9 SUPPORT, like i tried to find solution for this but everyone, everywhere saying just enable VP9 support and opus audio format but not a single webm is working in the web, and when i go to youtube.com/html5 it actually shows VP9 support BUT IT NEVER WORKS.
Edge itself is pretty nice browser i like it but not being able to watch triggers me so i never use it.

heres my list of reasons:

Only computer illiterates are tricked into using Edge/Internet explorer

suuuuuuuuuure thing. yuuuuuup

>itt reasons you havnt gone 100% linux
All of the desktop environments look like shit. Those that look decent are buggy as fuck and just don't WORK well.

Just looking good is not enough. Unfortunately, it's much easier to put a lipstick on a pig than to make a quality DE.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

3d and sound production. Also excel.

>3d
blender works great on linux

>resolution
arandr / nvidia-settings / amdcccle depending on GPU
First works for any.

>repository
If apt is hard to use, there are graphical front ends like synaptic. Also running aptitude without flags gives you a terminal user interface you can move around in.

im not gay, op

Because of this OS.

blender is crap

Try out some window managers instead.

Photoshop6 works great on wine

Because there is literally no reason to use linux. There are no upsides, only downsides.

Even if every single program I use was natively available for linux, I'd still use macOS.

Protip: Sup Forums can't into VP9 webm. The webms you see here are VP8.

>mac

It's not even software at this point, and I'm not much of a gamer. With Linux drivers, my video card does not deliver the level of performance that I require from my workstation, let alone what I paid for. Windows Server does.

Linux is great. GNU and the ecosystem that grew up around it is pure cancer, and I believe that it has always been and remains the main reason for the failure of Linux-based solutions on the desktop and notebook. They can't be reasoned with, and it's usually easier to just start an entirely new project that they can't drag down with licensing issues. Look at Canonical, who were/are actually trying to work with these crazies.

The fact that my GPU doesn't perform that well. I have "muh gaemz", i just can't play them.

Patrician taste in vidya

Because there's no reason after using macOS.

All the 3DS and PS3 tools used to convert or split games.

I would love to use MacOS but their hardware is shit

>shit hardware
Ok kid.

If you really care you can go the hackintosh route.

>still the best trackpads on the market
>some of the most color accurate displays on the market
>fastest SSDs in consumer laptops
>still have the best battery life

I would never pay for a macbook on my own.

But work coughs up for a new pro every few years, so I can't complain.

>still have the best battery life

>he hasn't heard the news

discord is available on linux

hackintosh is unstable as hell, and drivers for nvidia 10 series are non-existent

I still have a 2015 mbp retina but it'll likely be the last mac I ever buy

>shifting the goalposts

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

GNU/Shut GNU/up, GNU/Stallman

Dota works Linux. Better game on better OS.

internet doesnt work on my loonix

>falling for the loonix meme
lmao

Win7 ftw
I'm using Home Premuin, wbu?

I still play semi modern video games.

thank me later

enjoy your shitty fps on shitty opengl

TFW 4770K

It work fine with wine-staging

Because I program .NET apps for a living.

GNU+Linux is great for autism relief tho

my LoL screen freezes for 5-10 seconds once a game in Linux without fail. Exactly once, after the freeze it always works. The problem is the freeze tends to happen in all-ins

This
also
>PS
>C4D
>Autodesk shitton applications
>Other 3D simulation/rendering programs.
> MS Office 2013
And no, I don't even care for gaymes, if above list fully native working on linux, I'll never boot windows again.

Work, my clients depend on Microsoft software. Linux is superior, but lack some software

Games.

Kritia is a good enough replacement for photoshop for me.

There's no reason. I use Debian on all of my machines now. Feels good to not be retarded or autistic.

>The first one (vt-d) is trivial.
>unless you have the range of chips that most enthusiasts have
Heh. Worthless.
>Synergy
Anyone who's actually used Synergy knows it shits the bed when used in first-person games.

Anyway, thread

Adobe tools, Office, Foobar2K (no Linux music player comes close, everyone knows this), being able to play games without having to purchase a new processor, knowing my PC will boot up and not kernel panic after a system upgrade, not having to spend hours configuring pulse/alsa or hacked-together packages for proprietary drivers, not having to spend hours figuring out why font rendering has suddenly killed itself, not having to hunt down the garbled mess that systemd has renamed your ethernet adapters to enable network functionality (and then listening to people complain that you're the devil for using systemd in the first place), not having to worry about whether or not a printer I may need to use is supported, X not supporting higher display resolutions, the fact that I can't even put my PC on standby without locking up because of the video card I use.

I don't use my computer for anything other games.

fucking this. I would gladly pay monthly for Photoshop CC if they ported it to GNU/Linux.

GNU/Linux also needs to become more user friendly and GigaByte (the motherboard manufacturer) needs to fix their fucking motherboards. Certain AM3+ models have a bug where GNU/Linux cannot be installed and it just spews out errors ad infinitum

Ableton, Max, and various plugins
Audio drivers/etc
Adobe

The only reason I haven't gone linux is becaus games like overwatch, league of legends, and most mmos that I play with my friends just won't run on it.

Did you use play on linux?

use latex you massive pleb

I tried 7 and it ran a little slow, will give 6 a shot

the cinnamon-screensaver/locker broke after an update of it
the community does not help
all i get is "update to the new version" "it works for me"

in short the community and broken updates are why win7 is the os i am using

>GNU/Linux
>actually using the term

>2016
>still using PS

>gayms
Like 99% of them won't Linux, not even w/ wine.

>no decent media player
Timestamp w/ thumbnail on the seek bar on mouse over, is it SO hard to accomplish? Most of them don't even have equalizers for god's sake!

>no decent image viewer
Everyone has at least TWO mouse buttons. Why the fuck don't these script kiddies learn to make use of them? No custom selection for zoom, no pan, no nothing. Menu for the right button? Bitch please, that's what the menu bar is for, that button is reserved for panning. Retarded as fuck GUI design, like for all other programs.

>no decent file manager (out of the box)
I'd have to mod the everliving fuck out of Thunar, and that would be still the easiest way by far to get a file manager w/ big thumbnails & filenames without retarded padding and line break, that make two rows of eight thumbnails w/ uneven spacing between them appear on my 34" ultra-widescreen.

Why I want to switch:
>conky, bash
>actual fucking folder size in k/M/G/Bytes

Visual Studio, I work predominantly in the C# industry, if mono didn't throw random errors that didn't correlate to actual error I would probably use wine, but mono just isn't stable and mature enough for me to trust it.

ShareX is pretty good.
Too bad it's C# up the ass.

3DS max
AutoCAD
Rhino
BIM
Vector works
Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
One note
Muh vidya

>photoshop
Enjoy your large file sizes.

Fucking Fluent.

I don't like LibreOffice either, but i use latex for anything other people are gonna see and plain text for my own stuff.

>writing a serious paper
>not latex
Why would you do this?

Win only Gaymes.

>why not use this shit nobody has ever heard of before, because the twenty different former programs they heard of before flopped
See? This is why I use Windows...