Goodbye, Windows

Goodbye, Windows

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RyVAC_eEjz4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>ubuntu gnome

>implying you didn't install it alongside Windows

Some people just want to get shit done, user.

>ubuntu gnome
>getting shit done

OP will probably enjoy fixing all the shitty implementations and installing backports and be rendered useless after a messy upgrade.

If he wanted to get shit done, he would've probably gone to Ubuntu, Ubuntu Mate, or Mint.

Later, faggot

Oh, I thought you were shitting on him for installing Ubuntu

Hello, cancer

xubuntu>ubuntu gnome

Lubuntu with KDE here, just about any 'buntu flavor is comfy as fuck if you have even a basic level of competence and just don't want to mess with the likes of Arch or OpenSUSE.

Install Solus

have fun googling every little problem and never being able to get anything to work

Linux is so goddamn user unfriendly

No. Different Ubuntu flavors have different implementations and problems due to the release schedule of the distro.

For example, Kubuntu is heavily fucked because it misses important patches and Qt upgrades, while Gnome doesn't get latest versions of GTK.

There's also another thing which is patches which each team prepares, for example, Xubuntu is not as plagued with regressions, as Ubuntu.

Stop spreading this "every flavor is the same" lie.

>a fucking tablet interface
People who want to get shit done use Cinnamon fa m

Hello disappointment

Goodbye blog
*Down voted and unsubbed

Just install ubuntu, I've been using it for years and pretty much all issues are really easy to fix, unless you're really stupid

>have fun googling every little problem and never being able to get anything to work
because SOMETHING HAPPENED?

You'll be back. I'll give you 3 days.

I use ubuntu gnome and it's great except for the fact that it often freezes when I move or uncompress gigantic files

Not everyone is retarded winbabby

>gnome

you fucked up

>using the native window wrapper in chrome

I guess you just like to waste space, huh.

>Ubuntu with GNOME 3 made to look like Unity
Disgusting

Linux applications have awful UIs. They're never consistent and are usually designed by someone who has no sense.

Honestly speaking, windows in 2016 is way more inconsistent than Linux DEs.

Windows applications aren't any more consistent either. Photoshop's widget scheme is not ever going to match that of STEAM or Office 16

>using Ubuntu with i3
>pic related

Feels good man

Windows isn't even worth considering as a serious daily use operating system. I don't know why Sup Forums tolerates it.
macOS is my favorite OS

sauce on those thighs?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Which thighs?

The Linux is more important than the GNU.

>Almost 2017
>GTK and Qt are still garbage

Maybe someday Linux will have a GUI toolkit that's as decent as what Windows and OS X offer.

Don't worry OP, you will comeback sooner or later. Hope you enjoy your LibreOffice and Gimp. Tux Racer is the shit by the way.

Yea right? XDXDXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDD Such an epic gooey tulkitty :DDD

Linux is shit. Cope.

>windows font rendering

Aww wintoddler on damage control

>KDE

wincucc REKT

Welcome to the secret klub

elelel dumb wintard btfo

>non-resizeable
>that disgusting theme
>those disgusting icons
>shitnux

KDE master race
youtube.com/watch?v=RyVAC_eEjz4

>using shitnux
>2016

This.

I'm not even against the fucking 'unfriendly-ness' of it.

I'm against the everything breaking all of the time aspect of it.

(samefag)

lel get a load of this buttmad wincucc

>2017
>using micropoo winloo
hehehe LOL

>actually resizeable window
>beautiful icons
>has a preview pane
>thumbnail icon size

meanwhile shitnux has none of that

>mint toddler trying hard to fit in
heheehe who knew LOL

>mint

Noice

I use Windows 8.1 not 10, but even then, the examples you post don't even come close to the abominations you find in Gnome, KDE and the other shitty 9321 Desktop environments out there.

That seems like a software problem, not a case of bad GUI. Also I use Windows 8.1.

Yeah one of the things I miss about Ubuntu is the god tier font rendering, while Windows has always been behind OS X and some Linux distros in that regard. Windows 8.1 is a nice improvement over previous versions in it works well.

Every time a new release of Gnome 3 comes out I try to give it a new chance but it always pisses me off in so many ways. The fuckhuge retarded window borders were the last straw. Fuck that piece of shit, I have a desktop computer, not a fucking iPad

KEK wincuckold autist lost his voice hehehehe

>He didn't enable icon file preview

You can't even handle something easy like windows.

>implying I use windows

>Kubuntu is heavily fucked

seconded, literal disaster

Stay man Street shitter.

Sure thing LOL

But you do, pootella

Nope, although I will say this: windows (although shit), is miles ahead of shitnux, Pajeet Prakit Raghunadella.

That's not the file upload dialog, Raj Raghunadella.

Toppest of the top kek, wincuck

>not using comfy Windows 8.1

Man, sure it feels good to have a functional and good looking DE with a decent font rendering and unmatched software support.

I feel sorry for those guys who have to deal with Windows 10 bullshit or are stuck with a shitty Linux DE.

>Winniggers are dumber than the pajeets that use Linux
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL HEEHEHEHE

HEAVY WRECKAGE

>he thinks I use windows
poo in the loo, Pajeet Pratikresh Nadakrishnadan

Fuck off retard

>linux subhumans fighting with wintoddlers
*clears throat*

Feels good to be part of the macOS master race.

I'm sorry wincuckold stick to older windows because the newer one is absolute dogshit
LEL

>Use OSX
>files get corrupted because HFS+ is a bad joke.

>No guys I'm a homosexual pajeet instead
LMFAO

>KDE

>mactoddlers trying to fit into big boys' fight
AHAHAHAHAHA

>Windows and Mac will never look this good

t. Mac user

>tfw macOS master race
It's amusing you toddlers argue :^)

>Too poor to afford KDE
Do you happen to use a Mac?

What do you have against KDE?

Nice holo but you need to go to

>Running out of arguments the shitpost
Go back to your mud hut Pajeet, it's over.

Looks like shit (there's a reason we call it shitnux), Poojeet

That's because the number of linux users is so small there's basically no statistical normal distribution of IQ, like with anything that has a huge number of users.

Poorfaggotry, 90's hardware with rocking 800MHz clockspeed

Windows 8.1 has a longer support lifecycle than the latest version of Ubanto.

Maybe by that time there is something decent for desktop use in Linux land.

But meanwhile that "older windows" is a superior desktop OS than whatever garbage Linux environment you are running.

Daily reminder

Dumb mactoddler on damage control

Fuck you. This thread was not necessary. You should get a ban.

>KDE

WE WEUZ

You jelly?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH NO

>KDE
POO
IN
LOO

tf are you even talking about? You sound like a Sup Forums-Sup Forums bot.

>mfw Windows 8.1 gets 20 years of constant telemetry updates.

>that master race feel
iktf

>installing updates
why do this when it just werks

12 Rupees and a plate of chicken tikka curry has been dispatched to your account, raja pajeet

Try again. Your reply is evidence contrary to those chart stats.