Grandma has a computer RIDDLED with malware

Grandma has a computer RIDDLED with malware.

What is the best scanner to just purge all the shit off her computer, Sup Forums? Pic almost related.

Install gentoo

Fuck off faggot

Just bring a live Linux USB or rescue disc and format her drive. Install windows again with avira+comodo firewall. If she doesn't care about certain software and/or games then you can just install ZorinOS or a similar Linux distro so she doesn't get malware again.

Once a system is infected there's no guarantee you can completely purge malware from it.

The best way is to wipe and reinstall. No scanner will guarantee it's all gone.

>avira+comodo
Thank you friendo

>OS reinstall
>explaining to grandma that her icon are in different places
Too much work

Wipe it and install ElementaryOS, Mint, or Manjaro

tronscript that shit if you want to keep the same OS, or just save all safe files (photos, videos, maybe some document), format and reinstall the same OS.

you can save program placements..

dban, remove CMOS, reinstall

Seriously though. Install Gentoo.

Format and reinstall.

It's fast and 100% effective.

Dual boot Remix Os. Enable custom launchers. Make computer retard proof.

Format and install Lubuntu with only Firefox + Ublock Orgin, Abiword, and a file browser on the desktop. I did this for my mom about a year ago and she still hasn't fucked it up. Shes really shitty when it comes to computers.

MSE + Hijackthis + Rootkit scanner + and software that can force delete files

Mint is the distro Old Ladies should use.

I've been there as well, OP. I installed Xubuntu on my grandma's PC and last year and there's still no issues of maware

A solution that served me once in the past.

Removed her HD and attach it to another computer; install as an internal secondary HD or use an USB Adapter or Docking station. While attached, utilized the second computer to run the scanners on the (now) secondary disc.

Of course, start off by starting and scanner her computer in Safe Mode. See how much that cleans things out before going more drastic routes.

Not him, but a friend of mine bought a refurbished Thinkpad from a family-run store a few weeks back, it had a bunch of free software like Libreoffice - except the desktop icons were replaced to look like Word, Excel etc. I assume it's exactly for the reason that most people wouldn't get confused

Format C: /Q
Boot from Windows Install CD.
Profit

Install gentoo