ITT: Shitty tech experiences

ITT: Shitty tech experiences.

Poor customer service, returns, etc.

>Have ASUS VG248QE
>Has 3 year advance RMA included.
>Be year 2, devleops minor issue.
>Start RMA.
>Hurr durr we're out of stock, we can only do standard RMA, the advance 'rapid replacement' doesn't exist!
>We can't give you a box or a shipping label.
>Contact other CS, after finding their email on the Newegg product page.
>He finds stock after a couple of weeks, get new RMA.
>Give Asus $280 for replacement, they waive $10 "processing fee"
>Will get $280 back when I return defective monitor.
>New replacement is defective out of the box, has major dead pixel issues, and color is shit.
>Given shipping label.
>Send it back.
>They tell me they're completely out of stock, and nothing can be done for now.

cont

>Tell them to close RMA, give $280 hold back.
>They tell me fine, and that I will be refunded.
>Never receive a refund.
>Email both reps on case.
>Call in.
>Oh you've been refunded user, no worries.
>wtf there is a $280 gap in my bank account.
>Get official RMA cancellation email, saying I HAVE BEEN REFUNDED
>Money still missing from bank/debit card.

cont

>Call bank, they say nothing incoming.
>Call Asus, pajeets don't even into what is going on.
>Transfer me to "supervisor" who is just another pajeet, refuses to help me.
>Email both reps again, they said refund will take a few more days.
>Also get random box of fucking bullshit from one of their warehouses via Fedex.
>Box is huge.
>Know it is from them, as it has a Asus product manual in it.
>Is literally a box of trash from the floor or something.
>Full of cardboard, bubble wrap, plastic wrap, and bits of cardboard.

TL:DR Asus is a bunch of fucking retards, and they sent me a box of trash because I dared to use their customer service.

1/2

So you're too retarded to read shipping labels and just assume they sent you shit? And expect refunds to be instant? I mean maybe if you used paypal but CC takes at least 3 days.

>gets sent trash
kek

Never had a problem with Asus, and I've been using their hardware for over a decade.

How long ago did you get refunded? It can take as much as 7 days.

>Buy Swiftech H220 years ago
>Sell to buddy across the street
>Cooler eventually breaks so we get him a new one
>Just for shits and giggles I ask Swiftech to honor their 2 year warranty even though nobody sells them anymore
>Send them the box
>Months pass, nothing back
>I continue to email every few months when I remember it, pretending to have been waiting patiently every day
>They eventually just send me a brand new H220
>mfw only have wallpapers saved

Not sure what you're talking about?

I was told I WAS refunded about a week ago.

I received a second official closed RMA/Refund today. How long should it actually take?

They don't just send the money to your account. They have to contact the bank and have them remove the charge from your account. (Something like that). It can take awhile for both sides to do their part.

Good to know. My hope is it'll iron itself out, and I won't have to do a chargeback.

Fuck Asus.

>buying ASUS
just don't. their shitty products will fail 2 months after warranty runs out. seen this happen too many times. I dun goofed and bought an asux graphics card recently (and I had to RMA it once already) but this time I will sell it before the warranty runs out.

>Mobo z170 pro gaming
>notice in the BIOS it freezes whenever I adjust DC fan voltages
>Call up Asus
>Hey man I'm having this issue, you think flashing the BIOS would fix it
>Yeah man thats exactly what I'd recommend, here let me walk you through it just to make sure everything goes right
>BIOS updates via USB utility
>Computer reboots
>PC will no longer POST
>BIOS is stuck on a corrupted version of whatever the newest version is
>won't recognize older BIOS files as valid even after clearing CMOS battery
>oh yeah that isn't right, guess you'll have to RMA it
>sorry we can't advance RMA it

I'm getting it back tomorrow after they've "repaired" it since there were "none in stock".

I'm almost certain its still going to be fucked up somehow.

What was your initial problem after 2 years OP?

i'm going through a similar scenario with groupon. i have a $477 hole in my bank account over an item i cancelled two minutes after ordering when i saw something better. its been 11 days now and still no refund.... they said i should receive my refund no longer than 10 days and usually sooner.

it will either be the same board with zero work done to it, a refurbish board, or the board repaired but damaged from their handling.

its why its easier to simply buy a new motherboard. they're all virtually as shitty except evga motherboards. their customer service is at least decent. well here in the US.

Asus was good 7 years ago. What went wrong?

Strange line near upper portion of the screen, image persistance I guess.

Asus accepted the RMA, so I figured why not get a new replacement..

For some reason I thought EVGA was doing something shady? I might move to them.

All they should've had to do was replace the BIOS chip. I'm hoping they at least managed that

evga did do something shady, but it had nothing to do with their warranty service which is better than probably any other video card/motherboard manufacturer.

>all these people that apparently don't know what credit cards are
charge that shit back son

>bought a z3 compact without contract brand new
>battery failed after ~1 month
>sent it in to sony, they fixed it and shipped it back
>magnetic charging fell apart ~8 months later
>sent it in to sony
>they refunded me 100% of the cost of the phone

>free phone for 9 months

>Buy galaxy S6 at release
>Get that extended warranty shit for $10 a month extra from t-mobile
>Year later phone microphone completely stops working
>Call up tmobile they want me to do a factory reset on it, does nothing
>Charge me $10 to replace it
>They give me a refurbished one
>Battery is super fisted, runs out in like 4 hours with minimum use, randomly restarts
>Replace phone 3x times with garbage refubs that half work before getting a good phone

Never had a problem with ASUS

RGB

>Buy a Zowie EC-1A in early 2015
>11 months later, sensor turns into complete shit, starts spazzing out.
>tfw just made it within 1 year warranty
>start RMA process via email (the only way)
>Zowie is now owned by BenQ so I have to do everything through them
>send back mouse at my cost
>receive "replacement" 4 weeks later
>open box to see it's exactly the same mouse I sent in
>now I'm thinking "oh they must have replaced the sensor"
>plug mouse in and fire up cs
>play a couple rounds, everything feelsgoodman.jpg
>tfw enemy behind you
>swoop mouse around, mouse goes into spastic state
>feelsbadman.jpg
>email BenQ back, tell them they haven't done shit and sent me back the exact I sent them
>their exact response: "Sadly, your 1 year warranty for this EC1-A purchase has already expired. Since it is no longer under warranty, you'll be able to disassemble the unit to fix the problem."
>mfw

Maybe that's the box you're supposed to use to send the monitor back you sperg

Are they really that bad? I bought a mobo and gpu from them and I hear customer service sucks but product quality is good.

my friend had a similar experience. he managed to get water under his iphone camera lens from condensation. after 3 replacements that were all shit he contacted the manufacturer instead and they gave him a brand new one after he sent his in.

Yes they are really that bad. I sent an Asus laptop in for warranty work due to the shitty charging port and so they replace the motherboard. They never put any of the tape and shit they used for securing cabling back, several screws were missing, a boss in a panel was broken clean off so it was loose, and the tamper evidence was all broken so they would have tried to give me shit if I had to use the warranty again.

good guy sony, fortunately for me, i've never had to contact their support

>have EVGA GTX 460
>dies during warranty period
>send it back for RMA
>supposed to take a couple weeks, didn't have a backup video card except an ancient AGP one
>decided to buy another identical card and use SLI once the first card got sent back
>2 weeks later when the card arrives it turns out that EVGA sent me the internal exhaust cooler version of the card instead of the rear exhaust like I had before
>autism triggered for the rest of the time that I used that computer because I had two different video card models

>Full of random shit.
>Random bits of cardboard.
>Trash from warehouse floor.

DOUBT
O
U
B
T

And not a single cardboard box in the world was good enough for the monitor. I doubt that.

EVGA GPUs are absolute shit. Their entire 700 series had thermal throttling issues that caused bsod from stock clocks. Many of their cards have also had problems with coil whine. And now their 1000 series are getting VRM overheating issues.

tl;dr EVGA may have good support but that's only because they are shit in quality due to shit QA.

T-Mobile tried fucking with me, too
>buy new iPhone SE
>T-Mobile sends used one with pictures still on the damn thing and SIM card installed
>in decent enough condition so I decide to keep it
>try plugging in headphones and they get stuck in the phone
>spend 2 days on the phone with dumbass Indians who don't know shit and try to give me a run around about how I know it's used, they call up their warehouse guy or whoever and he directly tells me it's used.
>won't cross ship and they want me to pay to send it back
>threaten to report them for mail and wire fraud
>get shipping label and return the phone, a few days later receiving 'new' one
>it's not new, scratched to all hell.
>call up pajeet and scream at him about all the legal action I will take, demand 200 dollars refund and brand new, sealed phone, I better not find pictures or a SIM in it.
>he relents and I finally get my new phone
>ditch them a week later after my refund comes back

I've always had a fear of something like this happening to me. Maybe I should start video recording unboxings of RMA'd products.

>With pictures still on the damn thing

For fucks sake. Fucking Pajeets

Does having returns count?
>Sold 6 290's on ebay, to the same guy
>One, dude said was doa, refunded, alls well, >got it back, tried it, still worked presenting none of the issues he mentioned
>tries to return 2 more, >two months after buying, also claiming doa, threatened to start a chargeback on all the cards and left double neg feedback cause hes a fuckin cunt

dont sell on ebay

>Check account.
>Finally got money back.

FUCK

Call eBay, only speak to Americans, they should get that niggerfeedback removed.

you should have contacted ebay when you tested it

Will do, wasnt too long ago, didn't think they'd be able to do anything.

>Nexus 4 hype
>finally announced/released on same day
>manage to buy two from Google Store
>sold out worldwide
>keep one for personal, sell the other on eBay for ~$300 more
>add international shipping for bigger profits
>auction starts at 99 cents
>ends at ~$650
>winning bidder lives in fucking east africa
>he pays for shipping
>doesn't add insurance
>ship item
>30 days later, receive email from him saying he hasn't got it yet
>tell him to wait a bit longer
>around 10 more days later receive email again
>doesn't ask for refund, only wants to know information on whereabouts of item
>seems like a nice guy
>I tell him I'll file a report via the US postal service
>2 weeks goes by, receive another email asking me for any updates
>wtf.jpg
>start thinking about what I can lose from this mess
>ebay account has over 500 feedback, 100% positive
>research best thing to do in my position
>best option to give him refund
>fuck.jpg
>decide to give him full refund since he is genuinely a nice guy and he hasn't asked for one
>he thanks me and we move on with our lives
>then I start thinking about how he just scammed me perfectly
>then I start thinking about the niggers that stole the package
>year and a half later
>pic related
I still can't believe it

holy shit

It takes a lot longer to receive the charge back than to deal with their return

technically, east africans aren't as niggerly as sub-saharans.

Ive honestly never had a bad experience with rma, but ive only ever rma'd a handfull of things. Ive had really good luck with my devices working as inteded for as long as ive owned them.
But the horror stories i see all the time scare the ever living shit out of me.
This is why i dont gamble or test my luck with speeding or other shit. Gotta save up that good chi so i dont get bumfucked by big tech companies.

It takes about 10 days to process a refund

Just wanna get this out there because I'm still salty as fuck about it all.
I worked at a warranty repair center for an electronics chain for a little over a year so I dealt with manufacturers fairly often.
ASUS customer support and their RMA system was always shit. Always.
They fucked us over at every given chance they had.
It didn't matter what the product was when trying to get anything replaced.
Monitors, GPU's, motherboards, tablets.
They were always slow as hell to get things taken care of, fucked up taking care of it, or just plain sent us back the same items despite knowing they didn't work.

I wasted literal days of my life talking to their support center, for certain times of the year being on hold got so bad my coworkers ended up just placing a phone with a note by it to be answered by whoever was closest when someone finally picked up. It's not even as if they were dealing with returns having cost in mind. I remember spending what was overall probably 6 hours on their customer support lines sorting out just a return of one set of graphics cards because they had managed to botch the return 3 times in a row. It probably would have been cheaper for them to just replace the fucking things instead of having me hounding their support and to continue paying for shipping over and over again, but no, that would make things too easy. It seems ASUS policy is you should suffer if you get a faulty product, I left that job being solidly convinced of it. To this day I have yet to ever recommend a single ASUS product to anyone, or buy a single one of their products. There's always someone out there that had ONE good experience with ASUS, and yeah sometimes things worked smoothly, but almost every single time something with a return was fucked up horribly, it was an ASUS product.

no greentext no reading

>Worked at a warranty repair center for an electronics chain
>Discover ASUS customer support and their RMA system was always shit.
>Always.
>Fucked us over at every given chance they had.
>Monitors, GPU's, Motherboards, Tablets
>As long as it had ASUS on it, you were going to have a bad time.
>Always slow as hell to get things taken care of.
>Fucked up taking care of the most simple returns.
>Mostly just sent us back the same items despite knowing they didn't work.
>Wasted literal days of my life talking to their support center for trivial bullshit.
>On hold got so often coworkers ended up just placing a phone with a note by it to be answered by whoever was closest when someone finally picked up.
>Fucked us over so much it ended up costing them more money from being on support lines and paying to ship the same fucking items 3 times or more.
>Would have been cheaper for them to just replace the fucking things instead of wasting everyone's time over and over again, but no, that would make things too easy.
>ASUS policy is you should suffer if you get a faulty product.
>Never recommended a single ASUS product to anyone, or buy a single one of their products again.
>Sometimes things worked smoothly, but almost every single time something with a return was fucked up horribly, it was an ASUS product.

>TFW my Asus AT3IONT-I is still running my server just fine.

Got it in 2010 and it's been on 24/7 running headless.

I guess I'm very very lucky.

My Asus Zenfone 5 is still chugging along and it's hitting the 3 year mark, running Android 5.0.

I can confirm this. I had similar experiences dealing with Asus. That said, I'm not convinced MSI and Gigabyte are any better.

>Buy a secondhand Asus Matrix 290x for 275€
>Shit just werks
>for a few months
>the card explodes
>Send to warranty
>After 2 months, get full price, 350€, refunded as store credit
>Buy a gtx 1070
Fucking ayymd housefires

>
>I can confirm this. I had similar experiences dealing with Asus. That said, I'm not convinced MSI and Gigabyte are any better.
They are all the same cheap chink shit with pajeet tier support

I like evga because they actually send you a new one as soon as they get your old one in the mail

tfw never used any kind of warranty
i dont understand how there can be people that get so much broken shit.

>in decent enough condition so I decide to keep it
You see, this is your problem then.

T-Mobile is not so bad but the fucking T-Mobile Store close by sure is.

>High as fuck on Somas and Diazepam Friday night
>Drop my phone from a foot
>AMOLED broke
>Glass was perfect
>Take it to T-Mobile and they say it is under warranty so I am good
>They say they will call when the new phone arrives
>Wait like a week and nothing
>Go to store and they say there are no Note 5s in stock for warranty exchange
>Like 3 or 4 days later I call T-Mobile head quarters directly
>They say the Phone has been there for days
>Went to store and in fact it was
They kept me waiting for like a fucking week for no reason.

At least they make good PSUs

>want to purchase new device
>receive not even a refurbished device, but a device which is straight up second hand
>literally get scammed
>"i-its ok it looks alright I'll keep it."

Are you fucking disabled or are you THAT beta?

Who did you purchase it from? and did it still have warranty?

I mean you did kinda win in the end.

Yea it was more like a good tech experience. Bought it from a guy near me, 1.5y warranty left.

Yea that was good, I am surprised they even gave you that much money back.

You did overpay like fucking crazy though.

I left out the part where I initially called them up and they gave me a 100 dollar credit.

>Get an Asus P4P800 SE motherboard sometime around 2004
>One of the SATA connectors physically breaks off when disconnecting the cable
>Find out that they don't even have phone support for my country and I'm going to have to contact them via some web form shit on their website
>Try to contact them trough said web form only to get no reply
>Ethernet chip fails and I contact them again trough the web form, but to no avail
>The plastic bit on the second SATA connector just falls off, this time because I moved the machine with the case closed
>Decide not to even bother because I was able to fix it myself
>Southbridge pisses itself and the whole thing is now completely bricked
>Contact them again about this
>Not a fucking peep from them
After that I decided I wouldn't buy anything from them ever again... I wish I had kept to that...

>Get the original Nexus 7 (which was made by them)
>Would have passed on it if it wasn't for people talking about how much better they supposedly are now
>Notice horrific backlight bleed on the thing
>Contact them about it and show them images with it
>They tell me they won't service anything with a problem as minor as this
>A few months before the end of warranty something that borks the speaker, headphone jack and tilt sensor fails
>Thinking they'll finally fix it as I send it in to be fixed as I made a very clear note of this in the fault description
>Those three problems are fixed, but the backlight bleed is still there
Two words: Fuck Asus

Bought the card over a year ago though. Got it pretty cheap back then. Even used hardware is pretty expensive here.

ITT: OP is retarded and blames other people for his free use of monitor for 2 years

>buy phone from tmo website
>decide after i get it that i would like to return it
>take it to store and they say they can't take it back because "it's a different inventory"
t-mobile stores are worse than useless

Are any tech companies actually good?

>shit product
Xfx
Sapphire (new)
Acer
Msi
Evga
Thermaltake
Etc

>shit support
Asus
Gigabyte
Corsair
Western digital

>goat
Plextor

Xiaomi
Motorola
HTC

Depending where you are this is illegal, warranties are extended by the time you dont have the device

Logitech, albeit expensive, produces some of the best products in their categories, particularly mice, and has good tier support.
And I've had a through-and-through positive experience with Eizo, both product quality and support. Next monitor is gonna be another one.

$100 back to accept a second hand phone? That's not any kind of remedy. Why the fuck would they not give you an actual new phone? How could you accept that? You buy a new phone, turns out to be used and not even wiped, you call them and they toss you a hundred bucks and you allow it?

>$100 back to accept a second hand phone?
350 dollars for a like new (as I thought before I tried using headphones) iPhone SE 64GB seemed reasonable based on then current eBay prices and I really didn't want to deal with an RMA with those morons.
>Why the fuck would they not give you an actual new phone?
I think it's how they make money on that Jump program.
>How could you accept that? You buy a new phone, turns out to be used and not even wiped, you call them and they toss you a hundred bucks and you allow it?
As I said before.

Their 2015 series mice's sensors had tracking issues causing it to spin out randomly. Their headsets are utter shit, I think everyone knows that. Keyboards are good but the software run on them is buggy and takes Logitech a fucking year (literally) to patch. On the other hand, their support is good. They sent me back a replacement without dealing with RMA.

Logitech = Shit products with good support

So it seems like MSI is the only manufacturer I haven't heard shit about. Anyone have experience with MSI support?

like new means used

every single logitech device ive owned has failed prematurely and for no reason
their mice are elite garbage

i have never needed their support. everything i have from them just works. dont know about those weird looking gaming parts tho because i dont buy that crap.

Nigger I have a year and a half old iPhone 5S which I can call 'as new'. It has zero cosmetic damage, not even a slight microscopic scratch anywhere. You have no idea how long that phone had been used for and infused with the old user's sweat, grease and maybe even semen.

Where you from?

i have a gaming part and it's been good for a year and overclocks like a dream.

>ASUS
fuck me. I'm still waiting for a single fucking word from Asus after 3 weeks of not having my GPU.
>buy 20th anniversary edition 980Ti
>just dies after a couple of months
>customer services is SHIT and fucking slow
never again am I buying anything from Asus

Are you both from the US? I'm on T-mobile here in Europe and except minor plan option fuck-ups they never screwed up that bad. The store is fine (fast and reliable) and if there is anything wrong with the device they usually exchange it on the spot if they can. They don't do refurbs either it's straight from the factory or not at all. The customer service is made up of local people, so no pajeet drama.

I heared they can be very helpful. Like making a bios update just for you even thought the product is no longer being supported.

Yea, I'm American. 3-4 years ago they were great, the employees in stores were helpful and we never had a problem purchasing equipment.

You're both amazing people.

He bought the iPhone SE as "like new" instead of "new". That means it was refurbished. Then he demanded that he gets a new phone for the price of a refurbished phone PLUS 200 dollars. He is most definitely retarded.

>He bought the iPhone SE as "like new" instead of "new".
I don't know where you got this information.
>Then he demanded that he gets a new phone for the price of a refurbished phone PLUS 200 dollars.
No, I demanded a refund totaling 200 dollars and the phone I ordered.

>350 dollars for a like new (as I thought before I tried using headphones) iPhone SE

>120 gb Maxtor hard drive fails in 2005
>must RMA it to the remote magical land of IRELAND
>spend 20 euro for international package
> i will never see that HDD again, i will never see those 20 euros again
> one month later a package arrives .. from the Land Of Ire
>120Gb hard drive. 'Refurbished to Maxtor standards'
>2016, 11 years later.
>120 Gb hard drive still working as secondary download-p2p dedicated drive

Finland

I didn't order a like new phone, I was just willing to accept a like new phone with the lower price. Why are you so salty about it?

holy fuck all this salt because of asus, I have never purchase anything from them but I suppose I never will

Are u kidding me what mail is that fucking slow