>get adblock to block ads
>ads get past
>get adblock plus
>youtube ads dont work with it
>get adblock youtube
>now ads are getting around that
When will it end?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/security/2016/12/millions-exposed-to-malvertising-that-hid-attack-code-in-banner-pixels/
blog
bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617046/is-adguard-adblocker-better-then-ublock-origin/
github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ublock origin, dummy

i would say reddit, but even they know of ublock origin

ABP has worked on my machine for years. But I am curious about this one:

>youtube ads dont work with it

What are you trying to say here? You can't disable ABP on youtube? I have never attempted to enable ads on youtube. But I have been successful on other sites.

Although I'm going to stop doing that now after reading about the latest malware shenanigans.

Only use sites that allow you to pay for a premium membership of sorts. That usually removes all ads from the site but you have to check.

Examples: YouTube, MyAnimeList, and many others.

Have fun, and don't be afraid to give out your credit card number.

just DLed, hopefully this works
nah, nether ABP nor ABYoutube block ads for Youtube.

>nah, nether ABP nor ABYoutube block ads for Youtube.
I haven't seen ads on YT in years. Do you have an example?

Wait, I'm on a desktop...are you talking about mobile devices. If so then I'm ignorant about those devices.

This, I never have ad issues with ublock

>Although I'm going to stop doing that now after reading about the latest malware shenanigans.

Do not ever allow ads anywhere, ever. You are literally asking for malware if you do. Fuck advertisers, they had their chance and they did everything they could to fuck consumers.

Antimalware/antivirus software protects you from threats that were released ten days ago, adblock protects you from threats that released ten seconds ago.

>Do not ever allow ads anywhere, ever
Yeah, I used allow ads on about 10% of the sites I visit. But as I learn more and more about how malvertising works I have come to realize that was a mistake.

arstechnica.com/security/2016/12/millions-exposed-to-malvertising-that-hid-attack-code-in-banner-pixels/
>Millions of people visiting mainstream websites over the past two months have been exposed to a novel form of malicious ads that embed attack code in individual pixels of the banners.

>Researchers from antivirus provider Eset said "Stegano," as they've dubbed the campaign, dates back to 2014. Beginning in early October, its unusually stealthy operators scored a major coup by getting the ads displayed on a variety of unnamed reputable news sites, each with millions of daily visitors.

>To execute the hidden payload, the malicious ads load a heavily modified version of Countly, an open-source package for measuring website traffic. That JavaScript extracts the hidden code out of the image and executes it. Because there's nothing per se malicious in the JavaScript, ad networks fail to detect what's happening.

No, they play 30 second ads every 4 or so videos, often times with bars that say "press > to skip ad" after 5 seconds of ad time.
It's the same for mobile, but I haven't used anything to block those ads.

Got ya.

ABP works for me. But I'm sure umatrix will work as well as it is very popular here.

I meant ublock when I typed umatrix. But you probably knew that...

This

>supportng ad""""blockers"""" which whitelist ads

>use wipr
>absolutely flawless for months
>download ublock origin yesterday to give that a shot
>youtube ad gets through within first five minutes

>nah, nether ABP nor ABYoutube block ads for Youtube.
Do you have whitelisted ads enabled? I wouldn't know about YouTube ads as I don't use ABP anymore, but if the other guy doesn't see them then that might be the case.

Either way, switch to uBlock Origin.

>It's the same for mobile, but I haven't used anything to block those ads.
Strange, I very rarely see ads on mobile, it's like every few months that I see one ad and I'm not blocking them. Not that I'm complaining, but it's just odd.

Tick more third party lists then

Twitch (the game streaming site) claimed to have some "working" "SureStream" "technology" to get around adblocking attempts.

Some community staff on the subreddit said it would even get past people who use livestreamer/the direct HLS (which is currently 100% immune to any ad shit).

blog twitch tv/introducing-surestream-for-a-better-video-ad-experience-on-twitch-3ca5ce3287c

You need to go into ublock options and update your filters.

Never get ads anywhere.

What a bunch of b*****s

The only way that would be possible is by integrating the ad directly into the stream output, in which case it would be impossible to tell how many people saw it

I gotchu, thanks man
It might have to do with what channels we're watching. If they're ones that get ad revenue, they most likely will run more ads.

Well if they want to bastardize their own product, let them.

2017 is the year of YouTube Gaming

youtube has ads?

Here comes the spoon! Don't use the html5 player and you wont get ads. Fucking retard

But I use livestreamer.
Most of the streams I watch don't run ads anyway.

You deserved it for not using UBlock, user

I'm using unlock and there's lots of ads passing through.
Creating new rules for those ads is useless, they come back when refresh the page.

>Ublock
Fixd

>The only way that would be possible is by integrating the ad directly into the stream output, in which case it would be impossible to tell how many people saw it

Stream begins -> client connects -> server injects ad into video stream -> ad is displayed, active clients have their ad tally incremented -> client disconnects -> ad tally is stored.

?

You could also just record the start/end times of each client's streaming session and then tally all the ads at once.

>real time video injection for several thousand users on twitch shit servers
No

>not turning them all on

anyone know why I get these pesky google paid ads? I have ublock and umatrix. I think it has something to do with google settings. interestingly enough I don't get them on chrome. only ff

uBlock Origin or uBlock ;^)?

When you'll install AdGuard finally.

AdGuard, you, moron!

But I don't want to guard ads, I want to block them.

>Adguard is developed by a Russian company
sauce: bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617046/is-adguard-adblocker-better-then-ublock-origin/

Nope.jpg

But... they already do real time transcoding and injecting a prerendered, pre-encoded ad is much less costly.

I'm beginning to think you were just BSing because you thought nobody would call you on it.

Adblocking work because
1) ad networks demand that the ad is not served directly from the host site, otherwise they can't know for sure how many clicks/views were there
2) they rely on local scripts
And while they do transcoding, they only have to do 1 transcoding per streamer, injecting the video would need to be done per-viewer.
They have huge bandwidth, i doubt their processing power would allow them to do this.
If they somehow manage to do it that's the day i stop using video streaming sites, not that i ever used the cesspool that's twitch anyway

>ads
never noticed those but i use mpv for videos.

You're such a butthurt dumb boy. Also, I'm an intelligent beautiful woman.

ddwrt
block ads at the dns level
???
profit

why does everyone use ddwrt and not openwrt?

Just stepping in here to remind the OP to remove your other adblockers after you get uBlock Origin, as it is absolutely pointless to have more than one installed at any time.

AdBlock Plus works on YouTube.

YouTube ads are perfectly acceptable. Think about supporting the platform and its creators.

1. Significantly mitigated by the massive gain in impressions from an unblockable ad, the prevalence of ad blocking is a major topic of concern in the ad world.

2. What local scripts do you believe a short video file relies on that aren't covered by the HTML5 player Twitch uses?

"injecting the video needs to be done per viewer"

Patently false. They can be injected at the regional CDNs, which has the added benefit of covering you for the region restrictions on a campaign.

The only bandwidth cost is due to the need to serve both the ad injected stream and an ad-free stream. But that can be done exclusively over the duration of the ad, making it relatively minor.

>massive gain in impressions from an unblockable ad
How massive?
Ad companies demand to know precisely how many times an ad has been seen/clicked on, they pay people based on that.
it's like a choice between having your workers work only when they feel like it but you know for sure how many hours they did vs you know all your workers never slack, but not know for sure how many hours they did

>Patently false. They can be injected at the regional CDNs, which has the added benefit of covering you for the region restrictions on a campaign
Can't comment on that, no idea what that is

and?

Ahahaha, enjoy it loading everything then removing it.

This alongside Disconnect.
I haven't seen a single ad in ages except for on Gelbooru.

uBlock Origin here, never got ads.

Might disable it if i get paid to do it in bits and if i can cashout them.

>Not using adblock cyceam and getting paid to watch ads
This shit seems dodgy as fuck but pays.
Has built in adblock and pays you to watch ads.

>adblock protects you from threats that released ten seconds ago

One does not need to be an expert to know that this is fucking wrong you stupid pajeet

ublock can use disconnect lists, just enable them

Easier and GUI

>embed attack code in individual pixels of the banners.
lmfao you can't be serious? lmfao... these "tech" sites are hilarious.

Install Adblock Plus.
Uncheck Allow some non-intrusive advertising.

Jewgle and Jewtube ads gone.

What's the Sup Forums approved method of ad-blocking on Android?

I think I'm running Adblock Browser and it's insanely slow. Built on Firefox, I think. It seems like even keyboard input within the browser is kinda fucky.

Uninstall Jewblock Plus
Install uBlock Origin

All of this.
uBlock Origin is a mandatory plugin for any browser.
Make sure to enable adblock killer reek to make it more mandatory.
Adblock plus is a great example of how slow people are to change once they get accustomed to something. Those greedy pajeets, niggers, jews, etc that work for ABP will milk their current user base until the end of time.

its worth noting that you need greasemonkey or tampermonkey and need to add reeks script for his anti adblocker to work
github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer

you can also add more filters from filterlists.com
fanboys ultimate is a must

>Some community staff on the subreddit said it would even get past people who use livestreamer

This isn't possible unless they straight up live embed the ad into the video

Everybody on Sup Forums says get ublock origin
>u get adblock

>Adblock plus is a great example of how slow people are to change once they get accustomed to something.
I'm glad you are happy with uBlock.

ABP works and I don't have any philosophical issues with clicking a checkbox. And I know it is foolish of me to post considering the purpose of this thread. But I don't use software because I'm a drone and I want to fit in with the rest of the cool kids (see also ABE). I use software if it does what I want it to do.

Again, I am happy that there is a decent alternative to ABP. But the info in the OP concerning ABP is false. And I don't understand why a good piece of software like uBlock/uMatrix requires the constant stream of shitposts to convince people to use it. I see folks talk positively about uBlock on other websites. But without all of the silliness that gets posted on Sup Forums.

I downloaded UbO yesterday as well after just getting by with an outdated Bluhell Firewall and uMatrix because I started getting YouTube ads out of nowhere. The ads stopped but I'm already tired of seeing this fucker in my toolbar and context menu, especially since it trips the ad-blocking alarm and now instead of a blank space on Sup Forums I get a notice about blocking its ads.

I'm uninstalling this as soon as its feasible. Sup Forums shills wrong again.

p.s. now captcha has changed its icons

Don't forget to use uBlock to its full potential.

Ublock origin gets the most from my experience, including youtube and pandora ads
Anything it doesnt get i just block myself
Except sites that modify their design to counter adblockers
Thats annoying, i had to write css for a site that moved shit around to ahow anti adblock banners

Blocking ads is stealing.

[citation needed]