I want a mini laptop, smaller the better. Mostly just as a portable coding machine. Is the Asus eee my only option...

I want a mini laptop, smaller the better. Mostly just as a portable coding machine. Is the Asus eee my only option? I'd prefer something smaller

Other urls found in this thread:

auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?auccat=&tab_ex=commerce&ei=utf-8&aq=-1&oq=&sc_i=&fr=auc_top&p=cf-r9&x=0&y=0
pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

Yesterday I picked up the Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series for $329AUD.
I wanted a netbook for coding, browsing and the basics, and my other laptop just happened to die on me yesterday.

The CPU is 2.16Ghz I think, 4gb of ram and a 32gb eMMC drive.
I was skeptical of the small drive but I'll just buy a 128gb SD card I think.
This thing actually handles really well. I'm using it with my 24" monitor as a second display and it still does well to multitask several things, handles 8+ chrome tabs, plays HD video fine, even does well on Google maps streetview. Only thing I notice obvious performance drops in is loading heavy web pages.
I'm excited to see how it handles while travelling because I've always wanted a ~11" laptop like this.

Still too big for my needs, I want something >10"

I'm retarded

under 11" you start hitting a point of diminishing returns when it comes to keyboard comfort. 10" laptops are frequently the same practical size as an 11" just with massive bezels.

This would not be a daily driver I have a 1500 dollar Sager for my laptop needs this would just be something I can bring to my friends houses or Starbucks or Sundays at my favorite hole in the wall bar. Comfort isn't really a priority

you're gonna code at the bar?

Let's note r series

The bar I go to is basically empty on Sundays, it's basically me and about 10 other people that go, we're all good friends but we mostly just do work, I already code at the bar but my laptop's huge

Pic related. Even has a nehalem core.

I like it but the ones on eBay are 1500+ dollars, I'm looking sub 200 bucks

Im also looking for a small sized laptop though I can afford a higher budget being the Xiaomi Notebook 12'5 the absolute highest I can afford. Any recommendations below that price tag?

I'd recommend getting an Acer chromebook, soecifically the R11. They're around $250, 11.6", increadibly light, and have an extremely long lasting battery.

You can install Linux via crouton and ditch to it without rebooting.

Pic of the R11

No need to thank me.
auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?auccat=&tab_ex=commerce&ei=utf-8&aq=-1&oq=&sc_i=&fr=auc_top&p=cf-r9&x=0&y=0

You can use some proxy service like fromjapan or jpn-depot or something.

Also this model will probably only have like 5 hours battery life so chromebooks like says are probably more practical desu

The size laptop you want is directly proportionate to your age. Just get an old netbook.

Why not just get pic related?

Sup Forums's mental gymnastics are why I come here

I want to see if there are other options

20 replies and no mention of thinkpad?
Am I in bizzarro Sup Forums?

I've read the thread, desu senpai after 4 years of using an 11.6" for college I'm absolutely sure you should go with at least a 13.3". I'm actually going to get a lightweight 15.6".

I don't know about you, but when I code I almost always have split screen windows, and having a larger screen (and a higher resolution) is a huge benefit for that.

Show me a 10 inch thinkpad.

Bumping for mutual interest.

The DragonBox Pyra looks good, but is a little over my budget.
pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/

To those who are expressing their dislike of small screens, enough. We get it. I want a pocket laptop, the small screen is a symptom of the form factor I require.

Dell mini 9? Though to make the keyboard compact they moved some keys around from where you typically expect and made some characters, ones you'd typically find on code, accessible through the function key.

Get an x230.
10 inch is way too small.

Honestly I have programmed in small netbook form factors and it has always been a shitty experience. I would go for 13-14 inches.

I have a 17", so I just don't see the point in getting another laptop unless it's extremely portable, I'd code on my phone honestly if it had a physical keyboard

Macbook Air

voila, just get a bluetooth keyboard from online chink store

Hate to say the T word, but what about a tablet. Might score a used Surface 3 (10") cheap or something.