This is my proposed rig, I am trying to keep the cost sensible, less than a grand...

This is my proposed rig, I am trying to keep the cost sensible, less than a grand, so is there anything that I have missed that is needed to have a functioning computer or anything I should add?

Thanks very much for your time.

I appreciate it.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebuyer.com/search?q=1060
youtube.com/watch?v=UFL41f3KGXI
ebuyer.com/752930-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-g1-graphics-card-ebuyer-com-gv-n1060g1-gaming-6g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh fuck, just assume I included a motherboard

I hope that mb will have a decent onboard gpu then.....

I don't really need a GPU I don't think, all I'll be doing is video editing

Wont you need it for rendering etc? even a cheap basic one would speed that up

>rig

rig1
rJɡ/
a device or piece of equipment designed for a particular purpose.

Now run along.

Buy from amazon where possible rather than ebuyer. Their 30 day no questions returns are godly if shit goes wrong.

I'm thinking of getting it on 0 percent finance through ebuyer though. Or I could do it on amazon and get my parents to loan me the money. Is there really that much difference between ebuyer and paypal?

Need a bit more help - if I were to buy a graphics card, a 1060, from this page ebuyer.com/search?q=1060

What is the difference between the ones that are 289 and the ones that are 199? Can both do what is displayed in this video? youtube.com/watch?v=UFL41f3KGXI

bump

one has more ram

Check out the buildapcsales subreddit. Cut my costs significantly went I was building.

>ever going to reddit

More ram. For some reason they use cheaper memory sticks in 480RX/1060 so the 4gb/3gb versions also tend to be a little bit slower than their 8gb/6gb counterparts even if you're not even close to hitting 3 gigs of memory usage. go for 6 gigs but don't buy most expensive shit just because it's factory oced or has some gay ass LEDs. All 1060/1070s can be oced to yield similar results since they all start to thermal throttle when you reach that 2050-2100Mhz on core. Tbh this store is quite overpriced and doesn't have all gpus like MSI armor one. Go for MSI armor or this one:
ebuyer.com/752930-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-g1-graphics-card-ebuyer-com-gv-n1060g1-gaming-6g

They're better than reference blowers and can easily reach oc similar to the most expensive cards while keeping low temps. Only issue - lack of backplate although I think it's a fucking meme cuz backplate makes the card heavier in the first place so there is no way you're going to bend it.

Thanks. Is the 1060 quite good then?

How would an i7 6700k and a 6gb 1060 compare to most people's rigs here? Would the 1060 help much in the way of video editing. I really appreciate your help.

You're going to want a large mechanical drive for storage OP unless you're planning on using slower USB external drives. That SSD is only going to get you so far.

6700k is top end cpu especially when oced so you should have a cpu that's going to last you a decade unless something starts fucking up. 1060 gtx is probably great in terms of Cuda acceleration but I rarely edit or render videos so honestly it's not my strong horse. I know Vegas/AE supports CUDA acceleration so you're set - if everything else fails your CPU is still top notch when it comes to rendering. Most people in here either have a top end rig similar to yours or do linux ricing with some 5 years old AMD gpu and 8300FX that they use to shitpost about Nvidia.

Thank you both very much.

Why have you gotten an i7?
If you're going to be gaming, it's a waste of your money.
Also, I would have gotten more RAM. 16gb is less than my work laptop has (24gb)

Where have you been? Onboard GPUs are on the CPU itself now.

>not getting gpu for video editing "rig"

Might as well get rid of the keyboard as well then, Windows has an on screen one.

My HTPC is more powerful than this and cost me less. Have someone else put a parts list together for you, this is autistic.

Is it really more powerful though? I doubt it.

Yeah I am going to get a video card, a 1060.

But do you even ever come close to 16gb?

>consumer loan
consider suicide

>rig
Stopped reading here

>ricer ram
>i7 when you don't need it (no, you don't. nobody from here does)
>100gbp """""""""""""""""gaming"""""""""""""""""" monitor

shiggy diggy

I'll be getting through my parents probably, it's not a big deal. I have a consistent stream of income.

Well done you.

Just because it has gaming slapped on it, it does not mean that it is a bad monitor. It's 24inches, and has a 1ms response time, and good reviews, there is no problem with it.

>"rig"
>"currently rocking"

If I had known everyone here was still as autistic as when I stopped coming here 4 years ago I might have stay away.

did you know that the more quotation marks you use the funnier you become?

>I have a consistent stream of income.
Yet you need a consumer loan for an 800GBP computer.

PUT A FUCKING EVEN AMOUNT OF QUOTATIONS ON EACH SIDE OF THE QUOTE YOU FUCKING TWAT

*REEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

More like 1.2grand now.

Also it's a loan from my parents

wONT EVEN RUN CRISIS

Should be fine but get a graphics card