twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

install windows

Install gentoo

Put an Apple sticker on it

Install Solus

>not Install TempleOS
jej'd maximally

Stick it up your pooper. Post pic

why is the fan so loud and im not even doing anything stressful? I think ive fell for the meme

Pray gaymes

Does it have a shitty 1366x768 screen?

mail it to me.

FHD 1920x1080

Replace thermal paste nigger

Tape over webcam

Are 1366x768 screen really this shit? I'm considering to buy X250 but FHD options is so fucking. Do i need to fuck my wallet up to buy machine with proper screen? Btw i need a laptop for writing texts

>Are 1366x768 screen really this shit?
Yes

I think its an extra £60 to go FHD seems like a no brainier to me.
This was retailed at around £990 but I got it discounted for £700 due to university.

edit: is so fucking expensive

>Dr. Strangecuck (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying And Love the Botnet)

I got one of these. I hate how small it is when I am typing but over time I have come to enjoy how small it is when carrying. The keyboard isnt as good as the older ones but its ok. The body of the thing is definitely a downgrade from the old ones. Less durable.

However that fucking battery life. Ten hours of terminal work easy.

Apply some tape over the camera.

How about 1280x800? Any better (given it's 16:10)?

Autism: The Post

The screen is a no brainer. I am starting to wish I get the cell phone tower connectivity. Might try to add it in now.

What I really want to do is figure out how to mod new battery tech into old battery cases so my older laptops can have battery life.

And some hot glue over the mic (not semen, user).

Just because the botnet is prevalent doesn't mean it must be succumbed to.

hackaday.com/2016/11/28/neutralizing-intels-management-engine/

Hopefully coming soon to a Thinkpad near you.

Also OP, there's a >>/tpg/ for things such as these in case you didn't notice.

Zuckercuck had just a piece of tape over his.

>is 1366x768 really this shit?
Is it 2005?

Disable the trackpad.

Could be a bunch of unnecessary processes or scheduled tasks.

Writing text? are you fucking insane?
just go and install TextOS and you are done

or likely the Nvidia dGPU. Which you really wouldn't need anyway.

If you're going to have Linux on it, there's literally no point going higher. Not a single distro (apart from Solus) has scaling that isn't completely anus.

1366x768 on 12.5" screen is really a problem? I don't think so

Fuck off kevin.

>tfw faggots insist only 1080p is acceptable on a 12.5'' screen, while even 1050p on a 15.6'' screen is barely comfortable

I have the x250. Best ive gotten from one charge was 17 hours across two days, and i was using the internet most of that time. Fucking awesome.

Fuck you 1366x768 is comfy af

>business laptop
>16:9 display

more pixels > fewer pixels
16:10 > 16:9
IPS > TN

For me priorities are:
IPS>More Pixels>Aspect ratio

X series generally only have intel graphics

Everything under 200PPI just looks inadequate.

i like my 1440 x 900 laptop screen better than my newer laptop's 1600 x 900

16:10 really is the god ratio

>more pixels > fewer pixels
Not if everything gets too small for comfort. There's always a sweet spot, going overboard is no good, mkay?

It's extremely close to the actual golden ratio.

"Hey look at me. I don't know about UI scaling or HiDPI settings"
That is what you sound like

Ayy OP.
The trackpoint buttons will look shiny after just a month.

If your nose is literally 3 inches away from the screen, perhaps.

Go to libreboot and replace bootloader.
Install Ganoo.
???
Profit

>he hasn't taped his camera

Nope. Even at normal distance below 200PPI pixels are clearly visible.

No but I disabled it in settings.
I could open it up and disconnect the cable if I want to.

There are comfortable resolutions sure
then there are doubles of those resolutions, so where you can have HiDPI settings make things look real crisp.
More pixels is pretty much always better until it gets to the point of affecting battery life in a meaningful way.

>displaying pointless pixels just so you have to meddle with shitty scaling so you can actually see something

Scaling in Linux is just shit, and in Windows not much better unless it's integer scaling. Also enjoy your reduced for no good reason battery life.

>Buying a thinkpad past Tx20.

Kill yourself.

Also, OP, if you disable the integrated microphone, combo jack mic input won't work.
Remember to update the BIOS.
You can't use a M2 SATA SSD.

Not even Kevin. Try it yourself. No desktop environment has decent scaling but Budgie / Solus.

Even if (if you really see them at normal distances then you have sight sharper than 90% of the populace), it does not bother. Standard Windows PPI was 96 for ages, and real PPI (such as 1024x768 on a 16'' screen which was used for ages on CRT monitors) was even smaller. Somehow everyone lived with that. You must be either underage or very close to it.

Did it occur to you that the heavy shilling might be counterproductive and have a backfiring effect, inverted satan?

Because there was nothing better back then.

How do I easily recognize if the display on a purchased Thinkpad is IPS or TN? Seller didn't specify. Can the FRU number be polled somehow without dismantling the display assembly?

This.

There was. My CRT monitor goes all the way to 2048x1536@80 Hz. According to you I should be using this display mode for everything, which is asinine to me for reasons cited above.

Scaling in linux is fine under most DEs
(I know Pantheon, Gnome, and KDE are good for this)
Scaling in windows7/8 is shit but 10 is fine
Also you literally click on a slider and move it until things look good.

I'll shill whatever the fuck I want to if it's good.

Which model of thinkpad?
OP has 3 configurations, but only 1366x768 even has the possibility of being TN

it's a much older model. I checked elsewhere and it appears that this particular screen size has only TN screen though.

on a CRT you can get to the point where PPI approaches the sixe of the aperture grille or shadow mask or whatever the fuck its called. Then it looks like shit.
2048x1536@80 Hz is essentially the upper limit of the VGA spec, and most midrange CRTs can be forced to display it.
If yours is a late model Trinitron, it might look ok, but PPI on CRTs isn't the same thing as PPI on an LCD.

If you are happy with it don't listen to some dude on an anime image board. Use it until you need or want something better.

compute things

Thanks man, im just gonna tape the cam as 99% of the time I wont use it.
How much ram does yours have? Im thinking of putting a 16gb chip in at Christmas time

You could just buy the panel separately for like $50 and install it yourself.

throw it in the trash and buy a macbook pro.

What's wrong with Tx30?

You know you can swap out the keyboard right?

Not just that. On the T4x0 specifically, cooling design of the 420s/430 is a step back compared to the 420.

I am currently using a thinkshit 768p screen. Yes, they are complete trash.. Just go spend $40-$60 and buy an 1080p IPS.

>Seller didn't specify
then look for another seller

>He fell for thinkpad meme

Totally cuck

>You can't use a M2 SATA SSD.
bullshit.. I am using one on my thinkpad right now.

looks like a nice specimin, i suggest Linux, enjoy your favorite flavor, (fuck windows, its borg botnet territory)

yup, me too i have a SSD on a T510 Lenovo Thinkpad right now