Chromebook or thinkpad for someone who isn't very computer literate (my mom)

chromebook or thinkpad for someone who isn't very computer literate (my mom)

also which model?

Other urls found in this thread:

samsclub.com/sams/lenovo-thinkpad-13-13-3-hd-chromebook/prod20942022.ip?xid=plp:product:1:3
amazon.com/Dell-11-11-6-Chromebook-Processor-XDGJH/dp/B00TWFHONK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1481153772&sr=8-3&keywords=dell 11 chromebook
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if she is not very computer literate - get her a tablet.

Neither. Get one of those "convertibles".

give her the easier one, designed for absolute internet newbies.

(or in other words, the chromebook)

the only concern I have is that she's used to windows so maybe chrome os/linux would actually be more confusing

bump

Buy her a yoga

too expensive

Why not both? It's going to be on sale for $169.99 on Friday. I'm not sure if you need a sams club membership though.

samsclub.com/sams/lenovo-thinkpad-13-13-3-hd-chromebook/prod20942022.ip?xid=plp:product:1:3

I think it also has google play access right now in dev channel.

buy her the chromebook, she "uses windows" but actually all she does is watch the BBC on a browser every night with a glass of wine.

Chromebook. Don't let your retarded Linux fetishes get in the way of your mom's UX. It's the least you can do for living in her basement rent-free.

alright, so which chromebook do you recommend for under $400

Now Google comes into play :^)

what

that one chromebook thinkpad in the $400 range.

bump

amazon.com/Dell-11-11-6-Chromebook-Processor-XDGJH/dp/B00TWFHONK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1481153772&sr=8-3&keywords=dell 11 chromebook

That one user. It's idiot proof, battery is almost 10 hours, has 4gbs of ram so it can handle several chrome tabs without shitting the bed.

That means google it you retard.

Get her a tablet. Nexus 9 is about 200 dollarydoos. iPads are luddite-friendly, though expensive. Old people are like children, and they both love tablets

>computer illiterate
Definitely the Chromebook. The thing uses local storage encryption by default in case she ever loses the fucking thing (or it gets stolen) and the entire OS is basically built on program isolation and sandboxing.

She might still find a way to fuck things up, but it's the safest bet for tech illiterates.

Chromebook Thinkpad 13

Just get her an iPad.

I don't plan on giving up my first born son to buy her an over priced piece of shit.

spending $200 on a Nexus 9 is retarded, it's a piece of shit. you can get a perfectly fine Chromebook for that price

I use that one on the left because the school gives it to the students. Its the biggest piece of crap I have ever used period.

or
if she actually has to do some typing.