Windows 7 or Windows 10 + dual boot linux? Help me decide on the best setup for gaymen

Windows 7 or Windows 10 + dual boot linux? Help me decide on the best setup for gaymen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=16dbAUrtMX4
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=11924
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nide

the best set up for gaymen is to not have windows on your computers and own consoles.

10 for sure.

also jfc the thighs on that girl

What is this sorcery, my friend?

what sorcery is this ? I NEED TO KNOW

7 if you must have a win partition. Windows 10 is garbage.

Windows 10 has better gaming performance.

wouldn't that take up a lot of resources to use both OSes at the same time

my setup is arch in a ssd with hdd for storage

have another ssd for win10, and another hdd for storage.

working well for me, that's about all i ask from my setup.

youtube.com/watch?v=16dbAUrtMX4

Yeah, but Skylake has abysmal support for 7, and native directx 12 gaymes will be a thing soon.

>not just using Linux instead of Micro$h!t

DOES VICKY 2 PLAY ON MUH GENTOO? DOES IT? IF NOT THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP

>and native directx 12 gaymes will be a thing soon

no they wont

> (You)
>Yeah, but Skylake has abysmal support for 7, and native directx 12 gaymes will be a thing soon.

I mean if you wanna play ports of shitey xbone games sure?

appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=11924
It does. Only a couple of things that you might need to do or not

>wouldn't that take up a lot of resources
it does
you need a gpu (can be integrated) dedicated to linux and a gpu dedicated to windows and a cpu capable of virtualization (vt-d) and enough ram for both
but it's not like you're going to be doing a lot on linux while you're playing a game

Seconded.

Have you not heard of VMs? He's probably got a shell script set up that'll start one when he runs the script

W10 but don't dual boot. If you are into gaming it is likely that you're using a desktop. Just put a second hard drive and install separate OSs on each. Choose which OS to run during boot.

No grub needed to choose W10.
No need to worry about data when going full W10 or full Linux.
Superior in every way and hard drives are dirt cheap.

You may need to mess around a bit to make Linux work with UEFI, but that's about it.

>doesn't know what Wine is
Shiggy diggy doo

>use wine
>need $500 gpu to run 10 fps

this....
but I have grub installed with UEFI working

>hasn't used wine in over 10 years

DAMN THATS A BIG BITCH

Windows 7 + Linux dual boot.

Superior Windows 8

Chemical castration for you.

bump

what are you gay or something

This.

Dual booting is silly unless your Linux install needs direct hardware access.. Run Linux in a VM so you'll actually use it and can surf for answers to your questions using the host OS. Any gaymen box won't bog with a VM.

Noelle Foley

gotchu bruh

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

this again?

Linux with Windows in a VM.

No, it shares resources between machines. If you have a decent CPU that won't be an issue. Running two CPU intensive programs on the host and guest would fuck you, but otherwise nothing will happen.

GPU is an issue though, you need a dedicated GPU for the VM as well as a GPU for the host.

>Skylake has abysmal support for 7
Further proof that Sup Forums is retarded.

7. Dual boot with Debian or LMDE.

Wha-wha-wha!?? *slaps balls and grabs neck

ENOUGH!

well I personally do the latter and it works great.

But it's true. W7 is a pain in the ass to install on z170 mobos and some don't even have drivers for it

The one in the left.

This validates what I just said: >Further proof that Sup Forums is retarded.

>he doesn't like thick thighs
pleb

Id just do windows 10. You can always do windows 10 LTSb. I have it on a laptop and it is clean like 7. No store though if you use that ap shit

I wish to be suffocated to death by her thick thighs. I am ashamed of myself.

:.-(

>clean
Define clean.

>like 7
lolno,never. 8 is cleaner than LTSB2015 *which 2015 is cleaner than 2016), but it's still the same mess. Also no Pascal on 2015 anymore.

She is mexican btw

is LTSB2015 the one without the anniversary update?

THICC

Don't fucking dual boot you idiot. Switching between the two operating systems is a pain in the dick and you'll find yourself spending 99% of your time in one or the other, thinking "Man, I want to do X but that means I'd have to reboot...*groan*"

The answer is Windows 10 with Linux in a Virtual Machine. Done.

WALL

Is that you go wiz?

this.