ITT: Tell us the typing/computer habit you have that you know is really inefficient, but you can't break the habit

ITT: Tell us the typing/computer habit you have that you know is really inefficient, but you can't break the habit.

>when typing something, no matter how far along in the sentence I am, I spam backspace all the way until the mistake I made instead of clicking back where I messed up

I type very hard and people have told me to stop slamming their keyboards because they think my fast typing will break their $2000 macbooks.

They pecktype like 10 wpm.

Whenever my mouse touches one corner of the screen, I have to make it touch the opposite side.

OP here. My boss (head of IT dpt) has broken keyboards before slamming the enter button replying to emails that piss him off

>have trackpoint, still use trackpad a lot
>super hard typing
>can barely type without looking and only then on specific keyboards that i am used to
>type too fast to give a shit about properness and then have to proofread and capitalize shit

Vim with arrow keys.
Caps lock to capitalize.

Yeah.

I only use my pointer, thumb, and middle fingers to type, but I still manage 90 WPM so whatever.

>typing something
>clicking

I type way faster in English than in my native language. Only bothered to learn to type blindly in English.

My typing style is technically touch typing, but only using index fingers for the most part. I could learn to use more fingers if I wanted to - I just don't care enough to put in the effort.

It doesn't affect me to any significant degree anyway, I don't need to look at the keyboard and still type at a good speed.

too much age of empires

Learning how to be a better programmer.

I only use the left shift key...

using Windows

I like to grab the scroll bar and move it up/down instead of using the scroll wheel

Look at the keyboard too frequently.

I can type without looking, just much slower.

I'm kinda proud of the fact that I use the Num pad alot. I only use the central return key when typing.

Not using entirety of my right hand, I really only use my index finger and a little bit of my middle finger to type in o and p. Really makes me slower and it's hard to learn since I'm left handed anyway.

I only use the right shift

Same.

I type strictly with my index finger on my right hand even though I use all four (thumb reserved for spacebar) on my left hand. I am a lot faster no matter how hard I try to type with all four.

I use QWERTY keyboards.

It's like Windows and Git crap, everyone else uses them enough that your hand is forced unless you sit alone in your basement your entire life.

I never learned how to type properly. I did try Mavis Beacon, but I could never get past that FUCKING SHARK MINIGAME

Same for me

Calling bullshit.

Jesus nigger all you need to know is the home row. put your fingers on asdf and jkl; and just reach for keys and you'll lean organically.

I sometimes use the shitty alps touchpad instead of the mouse just inches away.