Are there ANY Verizon shills on here...

Are there ANY Verizon shills on here? I attempted to activate my s7 edge Exnyos version (The one with the unlocked bootloader) on there network. I went in but the damn sales rep AND the manager both said no because it would compromise my "safety". They offered to replace it free of charge but they kept pushing that damn "Safety" meme saying with an unlocked bootloader I'm vulnerable to hackers. Is this a thing you guys push so you get your phones that are filled with crapware? Or is it just because you don't want me to get root?

Other urls found in this thread:

verizonwireless.com/accessories/4g-sim-activation-kit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They don't want you to root. They make phone manufacturers to lock bootloaders even if the same phone on other networks can be unlocked

But why though? Is root to them seen as the big ugly monster? Or is it because the Normies don't care about root? Or cause they don't want to deal with it? I'm passed and I'm probably going on tmobile

They don't want you to have root access. Also they want to sell you their bloated phones.

ANSWER ME VERIZON SHILL REEEEEEE

Okay, let me explain Verizon's business model to you.
Verizon makes money from two sources basically:

1) The customer - You pay them $100 or so each month for the use of their network. Now, if they actually let you use it as much as you wanted for this price, that'd probably be okay with most people who use their mobile device a lot. But they don't, we all know about data caps, etc. It's all bullshit to make you, the customer, pay them more.
ANYTHING that circumvents that is bad for them. Root? But wait, then the phone isn't totally under their control. *gasp* you could bypass that thing that requires you to pay extra for the privilege of using your mobile data on your laptop! (Tethering addon package.) Or you could *inception bwaaaaaaa* use the root to remove some of their stock software and use free alternatives without the stock ones bothering you!

2) Sponsors - You know how Norton or McAfee (or somehow at times both) ship pre-installed on a computer? Ever wonder why? It's because those companies pay the manufacturer a small bit of money for each device they do that with.
Phone companies do the same shit. Only multiply that by 10 or 100. Shitbay or Shitify whatever app pre-installed? $$$ for them. Amazon.com app pre-installed? Yep, more money probably. You having the pre-installed shitware makes them money, often times allowing them to push more shit-ware in updates and such, to make them, yep... more money.

TL;DR:
Verizon does not want you to circumvent their marketing and wants you to have to pay the most they possibly can get you to pay to use their service.
Verizon does not want you to circumvent their extra-cash-flow by removing 'sponsored' apps, or taking away their ability to install new 'sponsored' apps.
Locked bootloaders, no root access, etc. are all ways of controlling this stuff. That's why they hate you, and your freedom.

go to another store
i took my straight up rooted with CM installed old phone in to get it activated and the guy looked at it all confused. he just asked if it even had 4g and proceeded to give me a free sim and activated it
i was slightly nervous thinking theyd try to bullshit me because custom rom and unlimited data but they didnt say shit about it
if you have another verizon device that has the same size of sim card try to get them to activate that instead and just swap the sim. you dont really need them to activate it all you need is your 4g sim that fits your phone and itll get activated on the fly

Part of it is because root can allow you to disable tethering provisioning on stock ROMs or later allowing you to install a new ROM with it disabled entirely.

Verizon also gets fees for preloading shitloads of useless apps on their stock ROMs by developers.

It's about money.

On the upside Verizon sells their prepaid phones at a heavy discount. The moto g play is 75 new and I got a moto e for 12 and a galaxy s4 for 99, all new and GSM unlocked. They all work on simple mobile and pdanet and easy tether work for tethering. Gotta rip off the fucking scum bags. Fuck verizon.

They don't want you to get root. Normies don't care so why should they?

No root

Root=Bad For verizon

>Tethering addon package
Is this actually a thing? They gimp your phone to jew more money.

>america

Oh it's true.
>Tfw have to pay an extra $25 a month for this ability

I am not sure about Verizon, but on AT&T, mobile tethering and hotspot are now free with the S7.

>a vendor decided to alter google's slider design which, granted, is a little unintuitive since there's no clear indication except by contract
>they did it by physically overlaying the word "OFF" on top of the slider

i'm not sure how i feel about this

i wish i knew why this person felt the need to post this.

Do you already have an account? If not, you can get a starter kit. If the OFDMA modem is unlocked, you just need to activate the iccid in the kit and insert it. Should be good to go if your modem imei isn't blacklisted.

verizonwireless.com/accessories/4g-sim-activation-kit/

Just ask Verizon for a sim card. No need to discuss your phone.

I do all ready from an s5. Thanks

Nexus 6P user on Verizon had no problems getting it activated. Im also on a Business contract though but, that probably doesn't mean shit.

Couldnt you just out the sim card into a mobile wifi thingy and tether tonit to use the data?

You can order a sim card through Verizon's website if that manager gives you shit again. He has no idea what he is talking about.

do you have access to the 3g cdma network? It's slow as shit but it's useless in the 0.0001% chance that you don't have a lte signal.

there have been very few instances where i get switched to 3g because LTE is too weak but yes. he only asked about my phone having LTE because its from 2012 and old

Moto g here and i don't pay shit to teather