Apple

So a family member just got an iPhone (after being an android user for the last... forever).
And she asked me for help doing some things. So having never used an apple device, I feel like a fucking retard.
Her: "How do I add my mom to the homescreen so I can call her?"
"Oh that's easy, just long press the home screen.
Hmm... that's not working.
Okay, go to contacts.
Um... there should be an option... maybe in 'edit'?
No? Crap.
Uh, I'm not sure, let's ask siri.
'Hey siri, how to add contact to home screen.'
'This is what I found for: How to add a contract for home season.'
"

After fucking with it for like 30 minutes apparently you have to download a third party app?
Seriously?

So then I was messing with the settings and... there's no back button? Or toggle app button?
To change apps I have to go back to the home screen and keep clicking the app I want?
Freaking really?

What is the appeal of these over priced pieces of shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Her: "How do I add my mom to the homescreen so I can call her?"
what? do you mean an icon that just takes you to your mom's contact page?

you can't do that in iOS. if you want to call her, open the phone app. if you want to message her, open iMessage.

you said you feel like a fucking retard. don't second guess yourself.

No like an icon that you click and it automatically calls the person. Like on Android. Instead of having to open the phone app and selecting a name, you just click the name on the homescreen.

You are not feeling like a fucking retard, you are one. Don't have to go huge mental gymnastics to go on phone and call someone there. Add frequents to favorite tab. You double touch home button to change app or in newer iOS versions you can touch upper left corner

don't listen to these iToddlers. Explain that's impossible.

Oh yeah, it's much easier to navigate a dozen menus and add frequents to the favorites tab than just... add an icon on the home screen.
Are you legit retarded?

>pay 800€
>have all apps in a mess on the screen
>can't even add a quick contact on the screen
>applefags still defend this

yeah that's impossible. if you want a device to call mommy in one button press, get an android phone

>Apple
Found your problem.

>finally buy an iphone
>"fuck yeah!"
>go to college
>"here bro, I have the materials in pdf, I'll bluetooth them to you"
>"sure thang bro, I've got an iphone now so it shouldn't be a problem!"
>we can't even connect to each other
>"oh well"
>class starts
>teacher asks me If I have the materials
>"I... I..."
>"wow user, you won't even bother to bring a short text to class? wow"
>get an F

ENOUGH

>I've got an iphone now so it shouldn't be a problem!"
do people talk like this? you sound like you'd be a real cringey pain to be around.

>"oh well"
>a bunch of time passes that you inexplicably lost track of
>class starts
Fixed

>hold home button
>Siri: "what do you want me to do?"
>call Mom
>"making a call to Mom.."

>siri, call mom
>beep
>"okay, I'm going to call you mom from now on"

REEEEEE

Oh wow, these iToddlers are salty af

Seriously, I have all my most frequent contacts on the second page on my phone, it'd be absolute suicide for android to remove a core function like that, I can't believe apple gets away with the iphone being such a mess.

>Any year
>Has to navigate his phone to do simple functions
Wow, just wow, didn't even know the iPhone was this primal

>Has to speak to his phone
Wow, I bet you think that's functionality

>walking down the street
>phone in pocket, headphones in ears
>press button on headphones
>call XYZ

>NOT FUNCTIONALITY

>doesn't prep for class
>blames phone

Phone and favorites tab where you could see them nice and tidy in single page vs
versus millions of icons in multiple home screens. You fucking idiot FUCK YOU, FUCK YOUR IRRESPONSIBLE PARENTS AND FUCK
EVERYONE AROUND YOU FOR RAISING YOU LIKE THAT. FUCK OFF.

It actually exists and is available from the -1 homescreen page.

Someone didn't do their homework.

You do more navigation by adding multiple contacts as icons you fucking braindead neckbeard. You fucking losers and unwanted people have no friends to call anyway so you are just making excuses why something is bad when you had the choice to not buy the fucking thing.

You could have at least installed Dropbox or something temporarily. At preset before you buy another android.

Wow, Apple shills sure are whiny, huh?

Your phone is inferior and poorly designed. It has one button because they think more than one button will confuse and frighten you.

Also, video related:
youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

applelfags in a nutshell

>It has one button because
that's all you need unless you totally fuck up the design process.
How many buttons do you, personally, need to operate your phone? Pick a number between 0 and infinity. But not, obviously, 1.

>Wow, Apple shills sure are whiny, huh?
this in a thread about some android zealot bitching that he can't put a button to call mommy on his home screen.

>>Has to navigate his phone to do simple functions
what are you complaining about? are you a retarded child? how can you call two presses "navigating"? how is *this* beyond the pale for you?

Maybe an iPhone is too complicated for you.
I think this is more the phone you need.

>there's no back button?

Swipe from the left side of the screen.

>>Or toggle app button?

Double tap the home button, or deep press the left edge of the display for 3D Touch devices.

There's a little Getting Started booklet in the box that explains these things, and a whole User Guide on iBooks you can download, but I guess you're too smart for that.

>Swipe from the left side of the screen.
not the OP but i've railed about this a few times. the thing that really bothers the fuck out of me with iOS is that apple doesn't push the HIG hard enough on developers. some apps have this "swipe to go back" behavior (like feedly, facebook, and some others), but some don't (like google apps in general). it's one thing to have these relatively "undocumented" behaviors. it's another for them to be inconsistently implemented.

gmail, for instance, makes the "swipe from left" gesture just go to the previous email thread. i think if you're at the top email thread it pops back out to the list, but the intuitive behavior would be more like
>swipe from center toward right: —> go to previous thread
>swipe from left toward center: —> pop back out to the inbox list

this shit drives me nuts. the whole point of apple's onerous review process seemed, at first, to be to prevent people from pushing out apps with poor usability.

You can add her to the favorites which is accessible by force-touching the phone app's icon. Pic related.

>siri, call mom
>siri proceeds to call Tim Cock