Why aren't you ditching GNU cancer?

Why aren't you using FreeBSD? It has far better gaming performance than Linux and isn't made by SJWs/GNUmales
>BSD users actually kiss girls
>GNU was made because of some crazy man's communist ideas
>BSD was made because of love for UNIX
>BSD doesn't force you to share code like GPL licensed software
>no SystemD shit
>BSD is battle ready as proven in MacOS, iOS, PS4 and many more devices
>no ALSA/Pulseaudio garbage

I think the answer here is clear

Other urls found in this thread:

smile.amazon.com/UNIX-Third-Syed-Mansoor-Sarwar-ebook/dp/B01MQDNJ9D/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1481199021&sr=1-2&keywords=UNIX&refinements=p_n_date:1249101011
freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=amd.conf&sektion=5&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE and Ports
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Poo in loo Rajeesh.

>Apple general
>Freecucks
>Thread is about FreeBSD
Richard leave

linus is literally the cutest in the game
your image is trash, user

>creator of lunix and git
vs
>random bitches with red hat in the background
Next time ask nicely and don't be a clusterfuck.

>git
>at all a good piece of software
>Linux
>at all anywhere near good
I woukd take the two bitches anyday over that faggot commie

Because I use Windows 10 which is objectively superior to both.

FreeBSD has better gaming performance than Linux garbage and Windows 10 (Windows 10 is a good OS too) but FreeBSD is literally the best OS for gaming

>better gaming
In what, fucking tuxcart? Name one AAA title released in the past five years that supports FreeBSD. I'll wait.

most Linux games run fine on BSD, for example Steam games run significantly faster, emulators like Citra (3DS emulators) Retroarch and many other emulators run at least 10x faster. I have at least 300 games I run on FreeBSD that run really fast

Not if they're 64-bit Linux binaries. Besides, I asked for AAA titles, not emulators. Games beyond RL and Civ don't matter to me, but to the average normie... Why should I give up the convience of macOS? Does FreeBSD even run any JetBrain's apps? Does it have non-crap AMD support yet?

>Name one AAA title released in the past five years that supports FreeBSD. I'll wait.

>EOL

>most Linux games run fine on BSD,
Even openttd don't work well on openbsd. Cuck.

>macOS
>AAA games
my sides

Re-read my post nigger, maybe then you'll actually contribute to the thread.

>re-read shitpost

Why would I run OpenBSD? Lol that's the worst one of them all, I'll run a modern one like FreeBSD

is pic related the EOL your referring to?

illiterate CIA nigger detected.

>Why would I run OpenBSD? Lol that's the worst one of them all

Daily reminder: most BSD users are more intelligent than basement dwellers who fap to their OS installation. Stay mad.

>57895866
(You)

>oh nice a BSD thread on Sup Forums.
>Last one was actually kind of interesting
>open thread
>not even twenty posts in and the thread is a shitstorm of name calling and >tfw too intelligent posters
>sasuga Sup Forums

>t. mactoddler

>wanting to kiss girls

tfw to intelligent too use anything but Windows 10.

>>git
>>at all a good piece of software
this to be sincere

Talk to me when you have working drivers.

>I think the answer here is clear

Yes, you are a retarded suckless.org faggot/unpaid BSD shill (who does it FOR FREE) trying to shill your crap here because literally nobody uses their hipster garbage.

I love how fagtrons like you always claim how their software is better (it isn't) then spend all day trying to convert in Linux users because your community is dead as fuck

Take your (You) and neck yourself.

Every single AAA PS4 game ever released.

:^)

you haven't been here too long

usually they're derailed by the same 3 schizophrenic shitposters

>GNUmales
so true

>nobody uses their hipster garbage
>what is Netflix
>what is OSX
>what are consoles
>what are servers
Go away Pajeet. Microshit gave you enough shekels.

>more intelligent
>can't use meme arrows properly because redditshill

samefagging hard

>>BSD is battle ready as proven in MacOS, iOS, PS4 and many more devices
Explain this one. I plan to switch to UNIX on my next system, because Windows 10 is shit.

Are you saying PS4 is a type of UNIX or that you can emulate games for all of those on BSD, and it was a reference to:
>It has far better gaming performance than Linux
? Also, it DOES have good gaming performance? Do you mean through emulators and stuff?

What is that picture on the right? Is (O?)Red a UNIX system?

Also, what I actually came to the BSD thread for:
Thoughts on this textbook? I'm thinking of getting it:
smile.amazon.com/UNIX-Third-Syed-Mansoor-Sarwar-ebook/dp/B01MQDNJ9D/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1481199021&sr=1-2&keywords=UNIX&refinements=p_n_date:1249101011
It's a bit expensive, but crazy new, and I want something in-depth on UNIX.

Because I'd like to develop for UNIX.

BTW, I was kinda worried about one thing: Do any Kindle things work with FreeBSD? Like, they offer a Kindle for Mac and Kindle for PC. Does the Mac one work either innately or through an emulator, or does the PC/Windows one work through emulator?
If not, I could always run a Windows VM or just read it off my Fire, but I'd still like to use it on my PC.

Actually, would I be able to get Kindle for Android Phones to install on it?

BSD has a Linux compatibility thing right?
Just noticed that was another device.

I actually am using FreeBSD loving 11.0

PS4 OS = FreeBSD + Sony patches
Mac OS X = FreeBSD + Mach + whole bunch of Cocao shit

Linux = Written by amatures
FreeBSD = Written by professors

>PS4 OS = FreeBSD + Sony patches
This: I had no fucking idea.
That is absolutely enlightening.

So, would it be possible to actually run any PS4 games off of a desktop if it has FreeBSD?
Because, if so, that'd be ASTOUNDING.
Is there good support for the FirePro series of graphics cards, btw? When I do get a system, I will want to use it for development, and possibly some of it for AI, and I wanna try passing processing off to shaders and stuff, and the W9100 has like 32GB of Graphics RAM, so it'd be fast as shit.

I also just read this post:
And that'd be really great.

>Mac OS X = FreeBSD + Mach + whole bunch of Cocao shit
Well, that's why I was wondering if like Kindle for Mac would work on it. IDK if anyone here uses it, so I'm asking if the extra Mac shit on top interferes with it, or if it should be able to run natively?

>if the extra Mac shit on top interferes with it
This is the case with nearly all Mac OS programs, making them unable to run on other unix-like systems despite how similar they are under the hood. The part of Mac OS and its software that isn't open source is all the graphical stuff on top, which is often needed to make any software for it work.

Damn...
So, it's unlikely I would be able to get it to work..?
What might I need to do so, then?

FreeBSD 11.0-p5 user reporting in.

Why does there need to be all this fighting among BSD and GNU/Linux users? This is clearly a microsoft plot to divide and conquer the two communities, making them look like stupid nerds so more people stick to windows.

I'm gonna wager a guess that if Linux was NOT GPL, there probably wouldn't be much fighting at all...

It's not Microsoft, imo; it's already a split community: On the BSD side is people who want to use their programming for professional purposes, and they wanna be able to succeed using it. On the GNU side, they've developed an internal trap that they CAN'T really make money, certainly not the way BSD can.

So, you got people using Linux who wouldn't switch if their life depended on it, and they want more people developing for THEIR system.
But, REAL UNIX users and devs are pissed that GNU/Linux has stolen so many programmers, even if far fewer of them are good.

So, it's mostly a war about who gets the devs, and the non-devs just have their preference to either be fucking commies who don't believe you can profit from your work or move to a system with a bit less of a cozy, self-masturbatory community.

Essentially, IMO, if Linux used the BSD license, NONE of this shit would happen, and UNIX probably would be the dominant desktop OS. Also, GNU would have disappeared for the most part years ago, and without the Linux kernel, it would probably have never even had a full OS.

Just my thoughts.

Also, I'm pissed that Microsoft didn't switch to its Xenix kernel after XP. They were sitting on the tech and could have made the world UNIX on their own, but they didn't, because they're gay

>10x faster.
Source that.

>and UNIX probably would be the dominant desktop OS.
lmao

Underrated

>>BSD users actually kiss girls
I've been using ganoo + loonix for 8 years and I'm engaged.
>>GNU was made because of some crazy man's communist ideas
And BSD's license is for cucks.
>>BSD was made because of love for UNIX
UNIX had its run. Linux is legitimately superior.
>>BSD doesn't force you to share code like GPL licensed software
Cuck license. If you *do* share code, someone like Apple can just monetize it and you get shit.
>>no SystemD shit
Systemd is actually good.
>>BSD is battle ready as proven in MacOS, iOS, PS4 and many more devices
And Linux powers servers, supercomputers and Android devices.
>>no ALSA/Pulseaudio garbage
BSD has much shittier audio. I tried it.
>I think the answer here is clear
Linux wins.

It's beyond stupid, so nuff said.

Honestly i don't know why I'm not using FreeBSD

I haven't tried it since version 5 or something

Installing it now

I'll report back with my findings.

You know that Netflix uses Red Hat gateway systems to handle large distributed workloads.

>Linux kernel used in high data flow
>BSD fits somewhere in there I guess
>Not the important flow control though

Netflix uses BSD it must be in charge of their entire infrastructure.

Why do people assume Netflix is a pure BSD platform when it is like using 1% open source and calling that project 100% open source.
>Fuck off please

>FreeBSD
>better for gaming
>has no games

It has 100% of PS4 games fyi

I'm a GNU/Linux user, so I have no idea. Sorry.

I'm also interested in BSD, though, so I'm lurking in this thread.

This is a really stupid argument unless you can play PS4 games on a PC with BSD. Not to say that you are wrong or technically lying, but you may as well be if you're going to mislead people this way.

The only thing between you and playing PS4 games on a FreeBSD PC is DRM

It's not like it's some alien hacked up version of FreeBSD on PS4

BTFO

FreeBSD 11.0-R user here (on one machine, still SystemD+Linux on another... I'm sorry!)

Why aren't you using the Release version?

*Free*BSD has a Linux compatibility thing, but not OpenBSD anymore.

It offers no real technical advantages over Linux and isn't as well supported by hardware manufacturers such as Intel.

BSD is deprecated my dude

>no real technical advantages
Braindead-simple configuration is pretty major plus.

Bloodborne

You can have it on linux too.

cuck license tho

Not nearly as simple as FreeBSD. I'm not saying Linux configuration is hard, I'm just saying it's not as simple as it is on the other side of the fence.
I've been using FreeBSD for a year or so now, and it still blows me away how simple the solutions to any problems I have are. It's utterly retard-proof.

I like bsd but OSS is inferior to ALSA. Thats just a simple fact.

No software. And saying that compared to Linux is just.... sad.

why?

Oh, and man pages with fucking examples. This is a god send because it doesn't matter how often you RTFM, one of them is going to confuse you sooner or later.

>It's utterly retard-proof.
freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=amd.conf&sektion=5&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE and Ports

Sure.

you sound pretty butthurt.
>systemd is actually good
kek

Literally the only technical advantage to OSS is the ability to use a different volume mixer on every application (not that useful IMO) ALSA has taken everything they started in the late 90's/early 2000's and made it better. Substantially more compatible with professional grade audio equipment, more software development, better audio tools, a better terminal control interface, a less shekel hungry dev team, etc.

Ahahahaha!
>Systemd
>actually good

Hahahaha!

LOL
O
L

>He thinks Systemd has benefits to it

HAHAHAHAAAA

Built in ntpd is comfy.

Really?

Do you really want to make Linux people rain shit on you? Really? Do you actively look for trouble or being bullied is kinda your fetish?

>cuck license
Oh yeah, makes sense now

OpenRC has too.

Jesus fucking Christ who gives a flying fuck.

Just use the OS you feel better using for your purposes you bunch of cunts.

BSD edgelords need to let people know of their existence.

There are exactly 2 people on Sup Forums now that use FreeBSD

Because using an operating system because of the SJW boogyman is retarded. I multiboot Debian and OpenBSD and use them when i need them.

You should be using the OS that preforms your task as well as possible. For anything network-facing or even as a desktop, OpenBSD wins. The only reason i haven't fullly switched is because of my LUKS partitions.

>BSD users actually kiss girls
an argument
>GNU is communist xddd
No, it's not. Do research.
>BSD doesn't force GPL
I'll give you that.
>no systemd
But Gentoo and Devuan can do that.
>BSD is battle ready, because all these forks which have insane differences work well

Your entire post is unintellegiable chad screeching about how much you slam pussy and how you avoid the SJW boogyman.

Just to humour you, look up "FreeBSD Girl"

KILLALLMEN #FeeBSD :DDDDDDD

It doesn't support my video card. (r7 260x)

Why did you buy it then?!

Because it works well in GNU/Linux. I didn't build my PC with *BSD in mind.

Probably he thought maybe 260 will be compatible with your shitty cuck OS but alas. Meanwhile there are both free and non-free drivers of 480 for Linux LOL

I didn't know the PS4 ran the actual unmodified FreeBSD OS. The more you know.

>shitty cuck os
>universal freedom is 'cuckoldy' now
Wew Lad

Freedom to get cucked is not freedom, it's degeneracy

and yet they throw a shitfit about teenagers bypassing their faggy DRM lel. Maybe they should use a non-free OS since they hate freedom so much.

>Heavily modified version of FreeBSD 9
>Pretty much everything relating to graphics, including and not limited to drivers and even the APIs being used, are Sony's proprietary implementations
>Sony hasn't contributed a single line of code or a single dollar back to the FreeBSD project
Seriously, the relationship between FreeBSD and Orbis OS (the PS4 OS) is pretty much the same as the relationship between Linux and Android. Android may be built on top of Linux, but the third party software works against proprietary Android APIs, not native Linux ones.

bsd = Giveaway code (newspapers)
gpl = Source code available to borrow (library book)

>freedom to get cucked
>implying helping everyone (including corporations, and the people who will use that corporations products) is cuckoldry

No, that's freedom. People have the FREEDOM to turn your code for a profit.

Number one is truly free as in FREEDOM, while the other is Free with limitations. Forcing the code to stay free is not freedom.

The idea of making and sharing codes works both way. If you want people to legally hijack your code and show middle finger then go use BSD. However if you are sharing the code to showcase your innovations and expect people to work and improve the code go GPL

This is why GPL is so popular and BSD is a permacucked agreement

>letting corporations use your code and sell it back to you
definition of cuck

>Sony hasn't contributed a single line of code or a single dollar back to the FreeBSD project
Well it isn't totally right, but it doesn't mean the FreeBSD became a gaming platform.

>Forcing the code to stay free is not freedom.
Some people won't play fairly. This is why we need copyleft.

>tfw warosu is offline and i can't give the same answers for the same question again

Yeah, all 3 of them.

y would anyone want to run bsd for a desktop when no one develops applications for it? wanna run everything via linux emulator? just admit you use obscure oses to look cool in battlestation threads or w/e

your argument is years outdated. I can barely tell the difference between pkg and apt these days. I don't even have linux emu set up. The very few things that aren't in freebsd's repos can usually be built from binary easily. What obscure linux software do you so desperately need?

>your shitty cuck OS
I actually run openSUSE, but okay.

No, you can't run PS4 games on FreeBSD. The "Sony patches" are pretty much what makes the PS4 running games...

>copyleft

even if this is the case, why? what's the point in using bsd over linux? fancy screenshotty output? checkmate

>checked
I don't hate Linux, I use Debian as well. I just like that bsd is a complete, headless OS developed under a single tree. Simplicity. ALSA is far superior to OSS tho. I would go so far as to say that I hate OSS.