I've got a laptop with no OS...

I've got a laptop with no OS, I downloaded a windows 7 ultimate x64 torrent but I couldn't figure out what the fuck was going on, the files were different compared to when I did it in the past, I've got utorrent, winrar and power iso and a 64gb usb stick. the problem I'm having is that when I extract the torrent in winrar and open up the extracted folder, there are still winrar files inside and there's no files with the .iso icon, although there was a winrar logo file ending with .iso but when I extract that nothing comes of it.

Can I get a link to a trouble free download of windows 7? also is windows 10 free to just download from the microsoft website and put onto a usb or do you need to have windows 7/8/8.1 in the first place?

Other urls found in this thread:

arch-anywhere.org/download/
sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
overclock.net/t/1587577/windows-7-updates-list-descriptions-telemetry
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
imgur.com/a/QTrbO
imgur.com/a/qPE9M
imgur.com/a/aSO76
microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool
sourceforge.net/#!/projects/templeos/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Enjoy your Russian botnet.

Also in power iso i tried to use the winrar logo .iso windows 7 file to create a bootable usb drive, it all finished ok but when I booted from the usb on the laptop nothing came of it.

What would your suggestion be then? You criticising, no help giving faggot.

how are you this technologically illiterate
you're not going to get help on this board, you're going to get it through google

stop being an idiot

I've used google to no avail mate. I'm not technologically illiterate I've ran into a genuine problem and all you fags seem to be replying is unhelpful comments

arch-anywhere.org/download/

This is my suggestion. To put it on a flashdrive just use win32diskimager. Available here: sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

The installer is pretty simple. You shouldn't have too much trouble. If you want any help or just want to chat about your new, free, and legal OS, come on over to /fglt/ and we'd love to chat.

>windows 7
>winrar
from what year are you?

I don't wanna use that autistic OS, thanks though friend.

it's definitely the best windows os

overclock.net/t/1587577/windows-7-updates-list-descriptions-telemetry
There's windows 7 pro on it if you want

Holy shit how can somebody so stupid still be alive?

People like you are execrable. You have everything you need to help yourself right at your fingertips (and, I hope, between your ears) that's why nobody here wants to help you.

It's not entirely your fault though. It's a constant source of salt for me that my kids don't get taught basic research skills in school, it's such an important skill and to my knowledge you only get taught it in university (college to you yanks) which is far too late.

here

im an englishman not a yank.

>I'm not technologically illiterate
Yet you can't even install fucking wangblows.

I wasn't specifically referring to you, but to anybody reading who might be of the American persuasion. Christ.

If you downloaded something that claimed to be win7 but was not a .iso, delete it and find a better torrent. After that all you need is a 4GB minimum flash drive and Rufus.

use 7zip

also, Sup Forumss rules:

"Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
"

My suggestion would be for you to find the nearest cliff and leap off of it. If you want though, you can buy a legal copy of windows seeing as how you're too retarded to torrent a working iso and definitely too pleb to install a linux distro. Either one of those would be fine by me.

whatever helps you fat stinky hairy autism's sleep at night.

>I'm obligated to help someone

td;dr here can you get clean legit Windows 7 isos

Just download Windows ten from Microsoft's site you autist

And use what product key?

Buy one or enjoy your Russian botnet.

You, uh, could, uh, dd a liveUSB of something like Debian to assure yourself the laptop even functions correctly. Or just throw it off an overpass.

Ok so I installed rufus and assigned it to my usb stick n shit, downloaded the team grinder windows 7 pro, extracted it and then placed the folder into the usb stick and then attempted to boot the laptop from the usb stick again and im getting the same shit. Where am I going wrong?

You're trying to install Windows, that's where you're going wrong.

what would u install?

sell me on your operating system bro. tell me why i should use that linux shit

bump

Holy shit you are a special breed of ignorant, but it's ok user, i will guide you. You don't just drag and drop the files on the usb stick, when you open rufus it's going to ask you for an iso file. I'm honestly not sure what you did with rufus beforehand, but you're shit is all fucked up.

Format your usb, open rufus, select the iso file you downloaded.

The tricky part is what os you're running now. There's a good chance you have to disable fastboot and security checks, and then disable legacy booting if you're on Win 8 or 10.

*enable legacy booting, mistyped that last part. It all deals with the different ways Win 7 and the newer versions handle booting.

True but uze 7zip in the future dude

dazloader

Gentoo is much easier to install. I'd reccomend it.

Windows is hard, that's why it's always pre-installed when you buy a PC.

give it back quan

Boy, I swear to god-

Ah, I see, but when I go into the extracted windows 7 folder there's no .iso files.

Are you just baiting?

imgur.com/a/QTrbO
imgur.com/a/qPE9M

and this is what i see when i go into the extracted folder on winrar
imgur.com/a/aSO76

no im being deadly serious man

Post cock and I'll help you step by step. I have an hour.

no i dont wanna get banned faggot

this is a tech board not a cock board

>download iso
>use rufus
>install windows
Is that really so fucking difficult?
>muh product key
See Now fuck off.

so when i select the drop down bar where it says 'ISO image' and select all files instead it shows up with the 'setup' icon, should i be using that?

Post it from your phone.

But anyway, use this

microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

Compress the extracted files into .I so then use the tool I liked to create the USB following the directions on that program.

Where is the cock board? Don't say /hm/. I'm not a huge fan of Apple products.

why would i install windows on a laptop that already has windows? i need it on the usb stick for the laptop with no os

Compress the files to .iso***

If the file you downloaded is already an .iso then just browse your directory and use the windows USB program on the file that you extracted from

sourceforge.net/#!/projects/templeos/

Best thread of the month

If can't figure it put, just torrent download Windows 10 enterprise edition. I love it on my laptop.

There are some good Linux distribution suggestions in this thread.

Helping you was somewhat beneficial. Thanks Sup Forumsentlemen.

>57901936

cocks are technolo/g/y

Looks like you either extracted the .iso file, or you downloaded a version that already had the file extracted. If it does have the .iso, extract the .iso (not the files within it), launch rufus, install iso to USB and install Windows. Pretty easy.

You probably extracted the iso. If you have winrar installed, chances are it's the default program for the .iso file extension. You probably mistook it for a rar or zip archive.

that's where i fucked up, thanks guys