FCC’s Ajit Pai vowed to destroy net neutrality under Trump

>Federal Communications Commission member Ajit Pai yesterday vowed to take a "weed whacker" to FCC regulations after President-elect Donald Trump takes office, with net neutrality rules being among the first to be cut down.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/12/fccs-ajit-pai-says-net-neutralitys-days-are-numbered-under-trump/

FUCKING PAJEETS MAN I SWEAR TO GOD!

Other urls found in this thread:

dailycaller.com/2015/02/27/net-neutrality-arguments/
donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trumps-five-point-plan-for-ethics-reform
nationalreview.com/article/433879/mike-pence-abortion-law
nytimes.com/2016/11/30/us/politics/mike-pence-and-conversion-therapy-a-history.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajit_Varadaraj_Pai
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But I actually want my netflix to have higher bandwidth. Let the bandwidth wars commence.

>P. Ajit
Who would know

You really want the telecoms to be writing more regulation for themselves?
Unless you're a fucking moron you'd know that all regulation in the US government is written by the very companies it's trying to reign in.

Government control is a noose around a neck. Less control the better for the average man.

Where are the proofs?

What regulations do you actually want, OP?
Where does it say they are going to get rid of those at?
What are you going to do about it besides shitpost on Sup Forums?

Let's see: Every single piece of regulation made in the past 40 years

Care to name specifically? And lobbying is criminalized, so what's the problem here? Businesses operate under the law, they are part of the country, without them USA would be another wasteland.

Good

Oh shit, why didn't anyone think to look there before?
Hold on, let me get the New York Times on the phone and share this amazing revelation with them.
Don't worry, I'll give credit to you, "Anonymous," when they ask.

That's not how that's gonna work, kid.

>$30 base price
lmao I wish

>Net Neutrality is bad

meh this would just lead to more development on i2p and hyperboria. I'm all for it.

Stop pretending the problem is regulation. It isn't. The problem is lack of separation of corporation and state. That's why regulations are exploited. Regulations are only and always beneficial when done correctly.

stop posting this image, I don't want my isp get new ideas

3g data already doing this with facebook and whatsapp

It's unfortunate, then, that they are never done correctly. Communism is great too, when it's done correctly. It's just not.

>they are never done correctly
They often are though.

>muh gommunism bogeyman
Is that Godwin's new law?

"In a debate with corporatist bootlickers, the probability of being compared to Stalin approaches 1 as time goes"

>all this ancap trolling

Trump is setting up a feeding frenzy for incumbent corporatists to carve up the federal government in their favor.

The cronyist swamp is going to be bigger than it's ever been.

I kinda wish we could have rational discussions at least on Sup Forums's TECHNOLOGY board, of all boards. But looks like politically-motivated trolls keep shoehorning ideology into technical debates even here. Sad that we have to deal with doctrinal bullshit instead of logical arguments.

Trump is literally trolling his voterbase

>spends majority of campaign calling out Hillary over Benghazi and the email server
>taps Gen. Petraeus, who was kicked out of the CIA for leaking critical classified information in private emails, to be secretary of state
>backpedals on every campaign promise before he takes office
>has opened up just about every conflict of interest he possibly could, knowing that people are going to be too lazy to stop him before he takes office

I'm ready for 4 years of living a shitty Saturday Night Live sketch.

Name one regulatory agency that isn't controlled by the people it's regulating.

Show me one example of a non-military/intel Trump agency appointment that is not an utter shill for powerful private interests.

The telco/cable lobbies most definitely did not ask the FCC for Title II classification of internet services.

He's not saying you're a communist; he's saying communism is awesome if you can get it working.

Regulations are usually worse than the problem they're trying to address, especially when telecoms are writing them.

You don't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.

I was talking about the ancaps.

>he's saying communism is awesome if you can get it working
But it isn't. Stop parroting argumentative slogans.

>Regulations are usually worse than the problem they're trying to address
"Usually" just means most of them suck, not all of them. I never disagreed with that.

>especially when telecoms are writing them
But that's exactly what I was criticizing here .

Who fucking cares.

>lobbying is criminalized
wew

www.opensecrets.org

>Ajit Pai
fucking Pajeet
deport()

He's Trump's pajeet. Trump would probably not deport a single Mexican, too, if they all swore loyalty and helped him build his wall/golf courses for cheap.

poo in networks

>equating regulations on business with communism
What are you, 12?

>PAJEETS
He's a Republican Harvard and UChicago grad born in the US and raised in Kansas, where both his parents were doctors.

>he was born in kansas lmao

He's the son of immigrants, he's a pajeet and you're probably a pajeet too

He's also married to a blonde white doctor. Success breeds jealousy, and all you're doing is putting yourself lower than a so-called 'Pajeet.'

Well you are lower, but that's besides the point.

He's the gigapajeet, the pajeet of pajeets, and Sup Forums's final boss they will never defeat no matter how thick they grow their neckbeards.

dailycaller.com/2015/02/27/net-neutrality-arguments/

I'm not a pajeet and dating white girls is the norm for white guys

What you're saying here is that an immigrant can do what a white man can, therefore he is better. You're more or less saying it is the norm for foreigners to be shittier than us so when one can equal us it makes them better than us, you racist.

You need to realize that he doesn't care and it all comes down to feels about the guy being a "pajeet".

It's not like liberals have been exaggerating these people over the years, when we complain about this shit.

>nobody is going to give a shit, too busy worried about a nonexistent war on gays and women

How can I get out of this shit fucking country? Can't believe I voted for this retard.

>What you're saying here is that an immigrant can do what a white man can, therefore he is better.

Wrong. I'm saying this specific individual is clearly a class above and not a pajeet. "Hahah, he has a funny name, does terrible work for low pay, and probably does not poo in loo!" is what comes to mind for pajeet, but Rai is clearly not on the same level.

>if you place a pregnant queen inside an oven, she will give birth to bread buns instead of kittens

>Trump removes establishment guys from washington and replaces them with his guys who become the new establishment
>"LOL THE SWAMP STILL EXISTS"
>drain the swamp means fire everyone

donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trumps-five-point-plan-for-ethics-reform

This is what he meant when he said drain the swamp you fucking retard

>Can't believe I voted for this retard.
Be honest, who would want you if you said this? Best to keep it a secret.

>a nonexistent war on gays and women

Right, we only have a VP-elect who believes in having funerals for aborted fetuses and praying/electroshocking the gay away. Also an openly misogynist White House chief strategist.

>stocking the swamp up with more alligators equals draining it
>"you have to understand what he truly meant!"

Fuck off.

He is the son of immigrants so he is a pajeet

Call me when his son is running for president, at which point I will admit they are no longer pajeets

>A country is an oven and people are like different species of animals

MAGA, starting with its third-world education system.

Drain the swamp was specifically his five point plan, not whatever the fuck you made up in your head

Clearly it was a poor choice of words though since retards like you assumed it meant he was going to fire anyone with experience and have his cabinet organized like this image

>she actually voted

>at which point I will admit they are no longer pajeets

Yeah right. See you later at Rai 2032 for all the pajeet memes.

>this post

Go back to tumblr, you're clearly not here for the tech except to whine about gender equality in STEM

>preventing outgoing officials from lobbying but being just fine with corporate cronies and lobbyists taking office

Great plan.

>I actually and unironically believe if an Indian is born in America then he is American and not Indian

Kill yourself.

>republican president
>policy is pro-business
>people are suprised

WTF dudes, you honestly didn't think he will do this?

Only one of us actually believes. The other lives in the real world getting mad at people more successful and darker than him.

>being born in america makes you 100% american

Wow I guess those kids born to chinese women who specifically come here to give birth are our lost brethren and we should demand china return them to us

>being this assmad that pajeets like you are seen as foreigners by most of the population

lmaoing at your life

I have more to offer than most of the refugees flooding Yurop that's for sure
>tfw white and a liability

You got some source for that? No of course not. Dumb cunt. I know what makes them retarded but those definitely aren't the reasons.

Please refrain from posting on American matters.

>pro-business

You mean pro-cronyism.

>>being born in america makes you 100% american

So says the Constitution. 0.02 rubles has been deposited in your People's Bank account by Putin, thanks.

>The internet was a shit hole that you couldn't access parts of due to evil money grabbing corporations that don't want their taxes to fund my liberal arts degree before the Government stepped in to ensure that it was "neutral".

Net neutrality literally does nothing. I'm glad that Trump is getting rid of the current FCC chairman because (((Google))) won't be getting perks anymore. Tell me how net neutrality has actually personally affected you.

Just bring the popcorn!
t. europoor

Because the Goldman Sachs kike Mnuchin was chosen because of his vast experience, right? And so was Goldman Sachs tycoon Steve Bannon, I presume? And Israel-shill (and non-white, and female) Nikki Haley was picked for UN ambassador (the perfect position for her to shill endlessly for Israel for the entire world to listen) definitely due to her ample experience as an ambassadoress, no doubt!

Kill yourself!

Next Trump will criminalize Linux for being foreign and demand every American only use American operating systems like Windows and OSX.

Fuck off, Rajesh.

I guess I'll fuck off back to TRUMP'S AMERICA then. Don't worry, there's still time to buy a ticket to India so you can make a living shining shoes once Modi makes it great, too.

You silly goyi... I mean uh silly unamerican, stop whining! Microsoft and Apple are American companies! They will foster the American economy and create jobs in America! Heh heh...

>Windows
>American
I guess Linux have more developer in US than MS for NT. Nationalism in economics is the dumbest shit you can come up in 2016 and it won't change after Trump either.

His pick for head of the EPA has been a lawyer who's helped oil companies fight its regulations for years.

nationalreview.com/article/433879/mike-pence-abortion-law

nytimes.com/2016/11/30/us/politics/mike-pence-and-conversion-therapy-a-history.html

>exploits foreign resources for its own profit at the expense of US citizenry and local competition and keeps it that way flexing its economic muscles and overbearing cultural influence.

Microsoft and Apple are as American as you can get.

I want h-1b too.

Enjoy having your BitTorrent traffic throttled and having to pay an extra $10 a month to access non-Comcast/AT&T video services.

This shit literally already happens with the bill in existence. You tried to make me look retarded but you just proved my point that net neutrality literally does nothing.

Nobody said it's currently implemented completely or corrected. It's actually admittedly a work in progress. Strawman harder, AT&T shareholder!

>Tell me how net neutrality has actually personally affected you.
I pay a premium for a fiber optic connection, with practically no limits.

So because my favorite websites don't have to worry about paying an additional (extortionist) fee to avoid being put in the 'slow lane' by the middle-man ISP, I actually get my money's worth from the super-fast internet connection.

That's how net neutrality affects me, it means I actually get what I fucking pay for.

I wonder why Mr. Pai doesn't like net neutrality.

Because anthropomorphic climate change is a Chinese/leftist hoax! Teach the controversy.

Pence is also a creationist/"intelligent design"er

Shows a complete lack of intellect and reasoning skills. Sad!

>anthropomorphic

How the fuck am I straw-manning. You went from telling me that net neutrality works to telling me that its a work in progress and not effective in it's current form. If anything you're moving the goal posts and straw-manning. Google did a really good job of selling net neutrality as something more than it really is

Like said, it literally got passed last year, and hasn't even gotten fully implemented.

Stop acting like we're going to regress into the fucking dark ages of unregulated business when the worst case scenario is that everything will stay exactly the same.

I never said it, the media is not reporting my honorably!

>things are either black or white
>if something can be better, then it's not doing anything
>throw in some buzzwords too like goalposts and google

>Tell me how net neutrality has actually personally affected you.
that's some premium bullshit

it's affected all of us by preventing shit that would have affected all of us

>regress
>dark ages

The Dark Ages aren't a fear anymore, user. They're a hope.

Gas yourself, you fucking shit stain.

I'm waiting for Pence to use electricity to fix my opinions.

Edgy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajit_Varadaraj_Pai

>The son of immigrants from India

POO IN THE LOO PAJEET

>The American Dream
You'll be as bad as the UK

Trump is right.

>being this butthurt about being BTFO

It hasn't prevented anything. The fucking law was in for slightly more than a year and nothing has changed, just because you pretend that it's made a difference doesn't mean it did. I'm still paying the same amount for the same shitty internet that I have been two years ago and you probably are too unless you moved here from a place with even shttier internet.

>what is nationality vs ethnicity?!

>Net neutrality has only been around for a year
Did you literally crawl out from under a rock?

Also...
>expecting changes to take place on the national level after a fucking year

People though Trump was anti establishment and pro small business.

Economic freedom also means embracing the possibility that you can lose your job because Pedro in Mexico does it for 20% of your salary.

His corporatist promises were more in the general direction of fascism (that's what federal control of the economy with nationalist background is). Not saying that fascim is per se bad in all matters, but Trump is not a libertarian.