What is it that actually makes Chrome run faster...

What is it that actually makes Chrome run faster? I really prefer Firefox for the add-ons and slight increased customizability, but its performance doesn't seem to match Chrome. What can I do to remedy this?

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/play/KBm8v
webmshare.com/play/Meo8O
webmshare.com/play/Wn1GD
webmshare.com/play/6wK0n
webmshare.com/play/gBdJb
webmshare.com/play/RAE86
forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2978357
news.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=8836539&cid=51642315
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just install gentoo

Get Pale Moon and install your addons there.

The botnet is built in so it runs faster xDDD

>Pale Moon

Why use the slowest of the three? It's even worse than Waterfox.

>Slowest of the three
yep.

Read up on chromes v8 engine. Once you get the big picture it becomes clear why SpiderMonkey is trash.

If only there was a v8 option with Firefox like add-ons

>What is it that actually makes Chrome run faster?

The fact that it is always running in the background.

Is it actually noticeably faster or are you guys sperging about ms level differences in loading times?

Chrome use your RAM as a tribute to summon the speed devil.

It is actually faster, and by a lot if you have lots of tabs open. Firefox slows to a crawl if you have too many in the same window
I use firefox though because it has tree style tabs. Unfortunately it's not possible for a similar extension to be made for chrome

this.

to deny the differences here is ridiculous

He's trying to improve browser performance, not make it worse.

I'm a Firefox user because muh addons and yeah, Chrome is faster. MS Edge is even faster I feel, but it still needs a lot of work. Also having to go to the Windows Store to download Edge addons is shit

try opening tabs in incognito mode (where no state data is written to the disk) and report back if ff still looks slower than chrome
>fucking google shills

Pale Moon is just as fast as chromium for me especially after the recent update. That shit is fast as fuck.

FF vs Chromium - 30 Random sites
webmshare.com/play/KBm8v
FF vs Chromium - 11 News sites
webmshare.com/play/Meo8O
FF vs Chromium - 40+ Instagram profiles on Windows
webmshare.com/play/Wn1GD
FF vs Chromium - 40+ Instagram profiles on Arch Linux
webmshare.com/play/6wK0n
FF vs Chromium on bad machine (2core/2thread - 2GB RAM)
webmshare.com/play/gBdJb
FF vs Chromium with uBlock
webmshare.com/play/RAE86

SJW have killed firefox.

The only thing keeping me with firecucks is the tab management. I can't see shit in chromium and have no idea what tabs I have open where. It's just a massive clusterfuck.

try firefox nightly. youtube loads instantly even with 20addons installed.

Explorer is even faster than Firefox

Firecucks BTFO

Firefox also as a tendency to break websites a bit more often for me.

Tried switching two days ago but the way I browse the internet just doesn't cut it on anything that isn't FF.

I am so fucked once they break completely under all their recent shit.

Hell yeah firefox!

>What is it that actually makes Chrome run faster?
If this was supposed to be a joke, I didn't laugh. I literally ALWAYS have over 100 tabs in like 7 windows open in Firefox and it loads immediately. I can have ONE FUCKING WINDOW open in Chrome and it ALWAYS takes at least a minute to become fully functional if there are ANY graphics on that page.

Your computer is broken.

>not compiling your own browser
>complaining about speed.
fucking windows shitters.

>tips fedora

SJWs didn't do shit. Sure they are a poison but do you see crap like "firefox is best for GLBT" or "firefox is proud to be the least offensive browser"? It's all about retard management deciding to copy chrome features, albeit poorly when the users didn't want it. What they ended up with is a shitty chrome wannabe that fails in all aspects except customization.

Windows faster than Arch Linux

LMAO!

i can't think of a single thing on my browser that doesn't happen immediately.

why not just improve your computer a little?

what's your specs?

chrome is faster because it runs a dedicated process for each tab, it also makes it a major resource glutton.

they hired SJW who want to force node.js down everyone's throats and spent $15000 to remove "harmful" words from the code:

forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2978357

They literally only care about "muh features" to make more money out of Firefox. They don't give a fuck about Firecuck's users.

news.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=8836539&cid=51642315

>using a broken, gimped OS set up by illiterate and useless children
What did you expect m8

The Chrome sons of bitches thought it was a good idea too load every non-focused tab on startup. When they were asked about it they were like hurr duurr its to dificult to change that

Now that we have this, can we actually discuss about how to make sure we don't get cuck by the Ungoogle chromium browser ?

Stay using a browser developed and supported by a fucking advertising agency, chrome cucks.

That's funny, because Chromium actually runs slowly than Firefox for me.

On x64 Linux.

>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the sjws ;_;

fuck off to Sup Forums if this is the most substantial thought you have to offer.

thanks for the bump, now
>>>/tumblr/ is waiting for you...

>privacy and security
>speed
>customizability

Choose two

Never noticed any difrence in speed with 1 or 200 tabs open on firefox. Last time i tried chrome it was faster but shited itself after like 30 tabs (it was a long time ago so might no longer apply).
On average i have about 100 tabs.

Yeah, nah.

Where am I supposed to go when the FF team inevitably breaks and kills TreeStyleTabs, DownThemAll, Classic Theme Restorer, ublock and uMatrix?

Why would I get Chromium if I can't even do basic things with it, e.g. watch streaming websites. Shit doesn't even have HTML5 capabilities built in.

not an argument

i can watch my stream on Chromium the fuck are you talking about ?

Where is the problem ?

At my computer Firefox runs faster than Chomium.

Just saying.

>100 tabs
why?

Google worked on html5 and webm and google made the browser.
No wonder it's faster since they started recent and from scratch and not having to deal with old code and addon compatibility from years back

Found the cause. The bleeding edge builds are missing vital compilation flags to enable for most of the features such as HTML5 video playback. I have to make do with v55 then.

Define performance.
I prefer Firefox because muh botnet. The only thing that bothers me is screen tearing on videos. Not that it's an issue, because I mpv for playback.

>triggering: the post

We weren't talking about Sup Forums until you brought it up. Git gud.

Firefox is slow because by default it logs everything in the background so it can constantly check your privilege and report back to Mozilla disguising it as "performance data".

Pale moon will still be around.

>twitch is your only example
back to Terry streams almost daily.
Also your example doesn't even work because twitch can still use flash.

>le botnet meme :------DDDDD