Muh windows is bloated

>muh windows is bloated
>not install on wimboot mode

Other urls found in this thread:

msdn.microsoft.com/windows/hardware/commercialize/manufacture/desktop/compact-os
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you have to go back

No!

I wish I had a local disco

You have to go back, Pedro.

>Rather than using the traditional method of extracting Windows’ system files from an image file and placing them on the system partition, a Windows system installed with WIMBoot keeps the compressed .wim image files around. These .wim files are stored on a separate “images” partition, just like the Windows recovery image is stored on a separate partition on a typical Windows system.

>DISM (the Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool creates “pointer” files on the standard Windows system partition, and these pointer files point to files inside the compressed .wim images. The computer boots normally and your typical C: system drive looks just like it normally would.

>However, in the background, those typical Windows system files aren’t actually stored on your system partition. They’re compressed on a .wim file on another partition, and Windows transparently loads them from the .wim file and decompresses them whenever it needs them. This saves a huge amount of space because the files can stay compressed. Here’s an image from Microsoft’s blog post on the subject that shows how the typical partitioning scheme looks

I.e. it's slow as hell.

>spanish languah
>11 GB
Go back to your country Pedero. My Packard Bell laptop has 500 GB hardrive

Did you install Windows on a MicroSD card from 2005?

Not if you use an SSD.

>WIMBoot is supported for solid-state drives and eMMC (Windows HCK compliant) drives. WIMBoot isn't supported on traditional drives that contain rotational components, or on hybrid drives that contain both solid-state and rotational drive components. WIMBoot works by taking advantage of the capability of solid-state drives to access different areas of the hard drive quickly.

How about no, muricas?

lol

Enjoy having to use more even space than normal after you install updates, and also have slower loading times because of muh compression

user, please...

msdn.microsoft.com/windows/hardware/commercialize/manufacture/desktop/compact-os

1 week old install

>compressed files
>as fast as a normal install

user, please...

Also I used this shit before and updates DO take longer than normal to install

Do you happen to spend 24 hours installing updates? Every day you download huge updates?

Come on!

I did the test on a virtual machine, using wimboot mode and installing a cumulative update.

The installation time was approximately the same as the host.

It's still bloated compared to Linux

>saves some space on target device
>however require ADK on development machine to build the image
>installs AT,WPT,ICD that takes over 20GB of space of the technician machine
No thanks

now show us the taskbar you put on the left and made huge.

>the software works fine if you buy overpriced hardware!
Saying this on Sup Forums is like telling Sup Forums
>this video game is poorly optimised but you won't notice it if you buy 2x8GB graphics cards and meme processors, so it's fine!

>implying spanish
American education, everyone.

underrated post