What is the best Linux distro and why is it Solus?

What is the best Linux distro and why is it Solus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zi-7KwM4GWI
namecurator.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/kevinism-bad-first-names-and-name-based-interpersonal-neglect/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go away Kevin

Its openSUSE Tumbleweed

Ubuntu fuck off.

>not arch

Stop bumping this thread you fucking degenerates.

Install Solus

It's Solus because Solus have almost no useful packages so it's pretty much impossible to install any bloat.

Its openSUSE tumbleweed obviously

install linux from scratch

k*vin

Son, I am disappoint
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zi-7KwM4GWI

enter the void

t*rk > k*****

Problems I'm currently having with solus:

>battery indicator is just flat out wrong. shows like 90% full at 20%
>battery drains at regular rate in hibernate/suspend mode
>machine doesn't lock when lid is closed
>pressing power button to suspend doesn't work

someone there needs to buy a laptop.

other than that it's a solid OS meme'd by retards, I'm not missing anything so far.

Retard Solus fucker

Still i don't see the point in using this OS when you can have the same experience without any of these problem.

Literally what is the appeal to solus?
Is it budgie?

I fucked around a bit with solus on a VM for a little bit and while initially it looks kind of nice and budgie is a pleasure to use for a short while, I feel like I was getting bored real quick and budgie just looked like some android shit on my desktop

If it's budgie, then can't you just install that in Ubuntu or just about anything else and be happy? Everything else solus offers is worse than ubuntu

This.

It is, without a doubt, the fastest and most stable distribution I have used by a mile. I've had 2 crashes in 3 months and both were caused by my own hand.

Its funtoo desu

Stop it Kevin.

>Literally what is the appeal to solus?
Nothing, all this solus spam is just one hired shill trying to get some bread on his table

I love Solus!

Fedora/Red Hat
Manjaro is surprisingly good too

>other than that it's a solid OS
what you described isnt solid in any way, its bad even for linux standards, let alone any real desktop OS

Kevin please.
Also the best distro is Debian hands down.

kevin pls go

Literally anything Debian based. It's stable and has packages available. The DEs and WMs are, for the most part, independent of the OS. This means you can install KDE on Debian, OpenSUSE, Arch, Fedora, Gentoo, Ubuntu, or even something like FreeBSD and always have the same UI and general applications that come with it. I know almost nothing about the DE of Solus except that it's custom made for it. I would still bet a pretty penny that with a little research and tinkering that I could install and use it on Debian or anything else.

Solus is the best

It's literally just a meme. There is nothing of value to it.

Quit spreading lies.
Look at this chart. I have a few more.

You'll never be more than a meme, kevin.

Here you can see how good it is compared to other distros and OS's too.

That's where you're wrong kiddo

You're deluded kevin

Kevin pls

>Kevinism
What is the worst name and why is it Kevin?
namecurator.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/kevinism-bad-first-names-and-name-based-interpersonal-neglect/

What are the advantages of Solus?

Everything.