Why is this acceptable

>why is this acceptable

Other urls found in this thread:

0x0.st/z6x.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because Pajeeets will shill and defend anything that Microsoft does

That would just be the same as disabling automatic updates though.

This is not acceptable. Windows is popular because it is friendly and easy to use, but if they push people away enough, they will lose popularity.

>we won't automatically restart
>we

>Win10
>acceptable
retard

it's not

Learn to greentext you fucking newfag

I am tired of posting this.

Who are you quoting?

Then don't post it.

I need to because retards keep complaining about something that can be fixed by flipping a single switch.

Because Microsoft has authority over your device if you're using Windows 10.

Nope. They progress with the bullshit slowly enough so people get used to previously introduced bullshit and accept it before they go a step further. All the while, the market inertia keeps them well-anchored. It's the "boiling frog" effect.

And we her see why 10 will never succeed

>having to edit obscure group fucking policy settings to control major os behavior characteristics

I bet this flag doesn't even do anything unless you're running the enterprise version and the machine is member of an AD domain.

Your average user doesn't give a fuck if their computer restarts during the night.
I think the next update will increase the active hours limit to 16.
Everyone else will just flip the fucking switch.

>obscure
It's a lot less obscure than editing rc files and nobody complains about those.
I'm running enterprise but I know it works pro and there are no edition limits mention in the description so I guess it works everywhere.

>Your average user doesn't give a fuck if their computer restarts during the night.
Is that a fact?

>Is that a fact?

>oh no my facebook tab in chrome is now gone!!1
Yes. Yes it is.

Well your an idiot if you don't know how to off updates on 10

Should be easy enough to poll, so yes it is.

>Wincucks

I don't have that problem :^)

>facebook tab in chrome is now gone
>call up computer literate and hysterically ask what do

Neither do I.

If inly this would have been your only problem..

if you throw a frog into boiling water it will probably die

if you slowly increase the temperature it will jump out before the water boils

CHEKMATE ATHETISTS

I don't see the problem op don't you want to run the latest and greatest software

It's a feature they clearly made to calm business down about the forced restarts without taking even a second to think how they might make it better for consumers

Oh yeah. People that have to render things that that take more than a day reeeeaaaallly love it.

Nah, I'm just kidding. They really hate that.

What the fuck is MS thinking? Or are they thinking at all?

anyone who is doing rendering at a company big enough for microsoft to give a fuck about isn't doing day-long renders on their desktops. That's server work.

No shilling or meming but just try Linux
I was a regular windows user and had to get along with all this Microsoft crap showed it you. I was always tryharding solutions to this crap then a Sysadmin wanted to prevent us from playing CS:GO so he decide to switch all Machines to Ubuntu 8.0 and since then I always liked Open Source software and linux

- No bulshit adds
- No forced hiden propaganda installs
- No need for antivirus
- A software center
- Sane comunities that will actually try to solve your problem
- Bugs? you can contact devs directly and they try to fix it

Maybe they should stop pushing this shit on anyone but "big enough" businesses then?

If you want to run awat from WIndows 10, but for some reason don't want to use Windows 7, at least don't go to the bloated botnet that Ubuntu is. Choose something like Debian or LMDE.

This. If you're not gayming or using any software specific to Windows, just go with Ubuntu/Mint/Fedora or any distro of your choice.

Still less botnet than Microsoft.

8.0?

Ubuntu's releases are Year.Month, so there's the april release of 2008 called 8.4, and the October release called 8.10.

But both releases were pretty good. It was before RedHat tried to ruin everything.

>Still less botnet than Microsoft.
Just as bad.

turn it off. if you don't know how to turn it off, you're the reason they made most of the features idiot-proof. And no, you don't download third party malware programs with "shutup" in the name to do so.

In Windows 10 you can't edit the registry actually; unless you pay for the most expensive edition.

> when a restart is necessary to finish installing an update

The restart is necessary because Microsoft operating systems have always had a long-standing bug where a file cannot, in general, be renamed or deleted without rebooting. Sometimes it can, but sometimes there's some process that is holding the file hostage preventing it from being deleted or renamed -- and if the process is in a "zombie" unkillable state then there are no options other than a reboot.

In most Linux file systems, directory entries can be deleted or renamed independently from whether the file is open or not, which is obviously a much more flexible and superior design. This is what allows you to install or uninstall pretty much anything on Linux without requiring a reboot.

There's an entire generation of people who think it's perfectly natural and normal to require a reboot in order to guarantee that a file can be deleted or renamed.. That, of course, is utter nonsense -- and indicates how badly Microsoft has brainwashed people into believing that their inferior technology and needless limitations are somehow the "acceptable norm".

You can edit registry in any edition. Only group editor is restricted to non-home editions

Microsoft has pretty much given up on desktop and mobile OSes at this point. They simply can't compete with gnu+linux, which now surpasses them in usability, stability, scalability, and virtually every other metric.
They're focused on azure and patent trolling now.

You fucking dope, it's telling you they you can't put a value larger than 12 in the hours field

if people wanted to mess with configurations they would be using linux instead of pay for bad quality software

>linux
>superior in usability

Because the average computer user is an idiot who will refuse to install critical security updates for ages if you let them, why did you think?

>AD domain

i first started playing in aldmeri dominion but now am ebonheart

Which you can't do in windows 10

>Needing to open up a group policy editor and hunt down some obscure setting just to fix an anti-feature that they introduced to fuck over users
And I thought Linux was un-user friendly. At least Linux documents this stuff instead of trying to hide its existence.

>Your average user doesn't give a fuck if their computer restarts during the night.
average users: 0x0.st/z6x.webm

>"hide its existence"
>has official Microsoft documentation including hyperlinked resources and hierarchy
ha

Sure, but OP seems to be bothered by this hours thing specifically.

I don't know what a local group policy is, but I know that I want to stop my computer turning off without me asking it to. Why would I look in that section for the off switch?