>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

winkeyless.kr/
xahlee.info/kbd/most_efficient_keyboard_layout.html
stackissue.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware/support-for-ergodoxes-with-80-keys-715.html
reddit.com/r/ergodox/comments/50k74r/ergodox_80_on_qmk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is ergo so rare?

Because plebs, and convention.

Kinessis is better

9/11

outemu blues are pretty tactile, but i agree with the inconsistent and loud.

>tfw can't convince good friend to stop buying snake oil switches from the scammerman

Because you can't improve on perfection.

>staggered qwerty
>perfection
dude it was literally made to be the opposite of perfection.

anybody try the new topre-like yet?

>Budget
100-110$

>Location
middle/eastern europe, whatever you call this place

>Switch type
Brown but blues are welcome too

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
100% - 80%

>Backlight
Yes

>Previous keyboards
plastic chink shit for 5$

Wanted to get Ozone Strike Pro but I can only find it with red switches so fuck that.

Nah I'll stick with the real thing :-)

I have heard there is only one topre, and it feels amazing

>QWERTY is bad
>staggered is bad
alright guy, let's see your devorak ortholinear fagboard

>dvorak
i literally posted a maltron with malt layout.
i use an ergodox with malt. i still need blank caps for it though.

Sent ;-)

absolutely disgusting

Is even possible to assemble a custom keyboard if I buy individually all the materials?
How much would it cost?

The base will be a 100% form ISO qwerty with clear or black switches

winkeyless.kr/
has PCBs and cases

>paid 50 bucks for a complete printed hhkb keyset
>Mfw that esc/control combo costs 38€ on its own, 4 fucking keys and a bad key puller

This hobby is all retarded I swear

it was actually cheaper to buy it from japan because they had free shipping

You also bought the jp set, right?
How much?

staggered is bad and a relic of typewriters with mechanical arms.
QWERTY wasn't designed to slow anyone down, but keyboard layout doesn't really matter unless it's a steno.

Speaking of which, why don't you fags use PLOVER?

>QWERTY wasn't designed to slow anyone down, but keyboard layout doesn't really matter unless it's a steno.
yes it was
yes, seiden can help you with that.

$56 from japan
but like $15 shipping

the guy i bought it from sent me black by mistake
Japanese city addresses are so fucked
i spent as much shipping both ways i don't think he bothered to charge for the white set

linear only makes sense on something like an ergodox
otherwise staggered is better on a normal rectangular keyboard

there is literally no proof that qwerty is slower than anything else

I see, thanks

>>otherwise staggered is better on a normal rectangular keyboard
why?
>>there is literally no proof that qwerty is slower than anything else
how would you prove it? finger travel distance? native words in the homerow? people typing their whole life in qwerty vs people typing half their life in some other layout?

>Why?

Because your finger spread better diagonally than straight up and down

>why?
think about how your wrists are in relation to the keyboard and you might figure out why i think you're retarded

>how would you prove it?
just fucking google it
there's been lots of thought put into it
the most that can be said about other layouts is a reduction in fatigue

except they move diagonally no matter how your layout is, unless you actually make the keys fit your finger travel. and ideally one barely moves his hands while typing.

thoughts on layout?

why is END where the delete should be
what is the point of the ISO meta key

>Trying to improve perfection

>delete should be
i mean the backspace

No it wasn't.
No. Staggered is always worse and increases horizontal and vertical movement when typing. There is no need for it.

i actually read into the topic a lot and pretty much everything proved that qwerty is suboptimal in pretty much every regard. xahlee did a few good writeups
xahlee.info/kbd/most_efficient_keyboard_layout.html

That's doesn't appear to be Topre like

If you want Topre like them Royal Kludge and Plum are the way to go

Lmfao that's the same retard who got so mad at the hhkb he had to write a fucking rant about it

What a loser

Can someone explain the scammer?

have you actually tried to type on a planck?
anyone who says it's in anyway comfortable is lying through their fucking teeth

oh this autist

remember i said layout changed nothing except fatigue
it's not worth it for most people including the hipsters that infect this hobby

Can I join the shitposting?

have you actually tried to type on a HHKB?
anyone who says it's in anyway comfortable is lying through their fucking teeth

>M&P
>RGB lighting
no

the thing about that is planck users are everything anyone thinks about hhkb users

most of the things on the HHKB under an FN layer aren't used much anyway
it's hardly an inconvenience for casual use

fuck me if i have to use it for CAD/CAM work

no function keys

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

>>the thing about that is planck users are everything anyone thinks about hhkb users
>yfw that's the same people

Hey I like my rainbow puke

and what's wrong with M&Ps? need the ambi because I'm a dirty lefty

the only time i need f keys at home is switching vehicle seats in BF1 :^

are the bottom ones gateron?
thinking my next keyboard should be a bit smaller, i have very limited space at the moment to use this thing till then

>dirty lefty
what a crippling disability

Set up my numpad so I can get in some practice using only 10 keys for when the RAMA ends up arriving.

I always fatfinger the mag release on righty guns if I grip them too tight

>those ARs

>Implying you will live until then

You will die before receiving it

The only bothersome part about setting it up like this is having to make sure that the AHK quick toggle script works correctly in order to emulate the macro-ability of the RAMA M10-A

surprised you didn't say shit about the pink rifle. one of the ARs is a 22, the other is my dads

the fuck do i care about a child's 22 rifle

that AR is pure AIDS

>Budget
Around 100
>Location (continent at least)
Europe
>Preferred switch type
I just don't want them to be too loud
>Layout
Doesn't matter
>Form factor
80%
>Backlight
Doesn't matter

And I don't like any color except black/grey/white

Thank you

I like it, need to change out the barrel, gasblock, and barrel shroud though...

How's the SCAR treating you? Been needing to get something that fires a heavier round, the AR doesn't really cut it as a DMR as it is.

Staggering is garbage and needs to go away

this
adding qwerty and tripfagging to the list

>need to change out the barrel, gasblock, and barrel shroud though...
you mean handguard but that would fix it.

if you like spending $3000 then it's the best battle rifle you can buy right now.

wrong

>handguard
yeah that's what I meant my bad.

if I fix those things I should be able to fire a 72gr no problem, not sure if I want to go to 18" or 20" for the barrel though.

>$3000
holy fuck I didn't know scars were that expensive

>holy fuck I didn't know scars were that expensive
plus another $300 for the trigger and another 300 for the handguard

>and people in this thread cry about the price of an HHKB

I'm not sure if I fucked up or not, Sup Forums, but I need to know where to go from here.

I just bought myself a PCB partially done (SMDs installed) and bought a switch plate that holds 80 keys.

Literally every other goddamn google-surface thing only supports the 76-key with the fat keys on the thumb cluster.

Is there firmware/.hexes out there that supports the 80 key layout, or a GUI that does so like the Ergodox EZ has? Does any user have such a thing by chance?

>>and people in this thread cry about the price of an HHKB
Shit man I hear you, /k/ and /o/ are my two most expensive hobbies, my Sup Forums and Sup Forums shit pale in comparison to them

ergoanon here, learn qmk right from the start. don't bother with anything else. i don't think adding two keys will be much of an issue. if you can't do without help just ask the guys from falbatech how to do it.

Which 60 keyboard can I buy for very little price?

stackissue.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware/support-for-ergodoxes-with-80-keys-715.html
reddit.com/r/ergodox/comments/50k74r/ergodox_80_on_qmk/

can you at least label the brands/names of the switches, wtf

Can you not read?

If I buy gat browns and put heavier springs in them will it be close enough to Cherry clears?

not tiny embossed text on a black background in a shitty quality image...some of the brands are readable, some are not.

They're all readable except the Gaterons on the bottom row, get a better screen or glasses.

t. someone who has never used alps.

Because keyboards, like all products under capitalism, are intentionally designed to be imperfect. You could easily create a keyboard that looks riced, has god tier mechanical switches, ergonomic, and has nice extra functions.
But Capitalism doesn't allow for perfect products to exist unless it's by accident. Think of that old logitech mouse for example, it was so good they had to take it off production and make its successors intentionally shittier, because otherwise noone would ever consider the new products.

Eventually you just cuck yourself into accepting this by pretending boring grey-white mechanical keyboards look "good" because "dude oldschool lmao" or whatever nonsense.

That's not a Sig P210.

What about mod switches?

>If I buy gat browns and put heavier springs in them will it be close enough to Cherry clears?
No the stem is also different

Clears has a bigger bump so it's more tactile

more buttons in the same space

yes they are

the original pic which was posed yesterday wasnt labeled.

havent seen anyone use them online except redditors. i'm not convinced they aren't just another zealio level meme. i would order samples if they offered them, but i dont think they do anymore.

I'll be buying some for as build since they're cheaper than both Zealios and getting Cherry clears here, will let you know when they arrive.

how do you guys like my mechanical keyboard?

Guys I need your help.

I spent $130 USD on a Corsair K70 Lux RGB. Within two days of owning it, the space-bar started squeaking like crazy. People online said to use something like lithium grease, and to not use WD40 or silicone based grease.

So I used a q-tip and applied it carefully. After a couple hours, I was gaming and realized that my character wasn't jumping when I hit the spacebar.

The spacebar has three switches. Left, middle, right. I applied the lithium grease to the left and the right.

The switches I applied grease to are bottomed out. They will not pop up. They are stuck in the down position. Only the middle switch has any feedback.

The space bar is effectively ruined.

Should I try and RMA it?

If I decide to call it a total loss, what keyboard do you recommend?

I spend a lot of time on the computer, mostly shitposting and gaming. I would like to get into programming though.

I've been looking at the Das Keyboard 4 Professional with brown switches. Blues are just too noisy.

Thoughts?

it's cute

kinda lame

that's nice, I just prefer manuals..

it's not mine anyway, it was just at the store a while ago

You folks really like your electric typewriters, at that point you might as well just use a computer.

A friend of mine has an electric keyboard, don't remember the brand/model but It used a removable ink, so you could correct mistakes.

I don't type on a typewriter for any of that.

The left and right ones are the stabalizers. The switch in the middle is the actual switch

if i were to buy a meme-writer it wouldnt be electric

oh you really want mechanical?

Well either way, the 'stabilizers' as you call them do indeed go up and down like a regular switch and they are stuck in the bottomed out position. The keyboard is effectively ruined.

Das Keyboard 4 Professional a good keyboard?

why isn't the spacebar working? does the middle switch still work when you remove the spacebar?

Just get a Ducky One with PBT keycaps for $110

how did you fuck up lubing stabilisers so badly jesus christ

they don't go up and down