Which technology is more efficient in heating?

everyone memes about how the air conditioner is the most efficient thing etc. but they dont take into account that an AC tries to heat up the ENTIRE room while an electric heater just heats it's surrounding.

t. half-NEET that sits by a desk all day wearing a huge winter coat

P.S: don't take into account the cost of buying/assembling. i already have both and just wanna know which one wastes more electricity to make me feel warm.

>using an air conditioner to heat up rooms

that's the worst meme I've ever seen, 99% of the time one device that does both, can't do any of them properly

just use the heater

>an AC tries to heat up the ENTIRE room while an electric heater just heats it's surrounding.
Wat

Amd

>but they dont take into account that an AC tries to heat up the ENTIRE room while an electric heater just heats it's surrounding.
u wot

if i set the AC to 25, it keeps working until the room temperature is 25. i don't need to heat the entire room i just need to heat myself. therefore the electric heater can be much more efficient.

He is a dumbass that is confusing AC with central heating and air.

If mommy won't let you crank up the heat crack a window and close your bedroom door so the thermostat stays on.

The problem with taking advantage of a space heater's tendency to heat the area close to it warmer than the rest of the room is that you have to be close to it. That means one side of your body is heated more than the other. If you're really worried about efficiency work on insulation. With enough insulation your body heat will keep you warm. That or use an electric blanket.

Unless you're getting an absolute bargain-bin heater that just has an on switch and no fan, electric heaters will also heat the whole room.

buy ururu sararas only
best aircon

Heat pumps are the most effective way of heating, because instead of just dumping energy into the air, they actually move heat in from outside.

ururu sarara guy again here
buy ururu sararas, they are heat pumps
extremely energy efficient

Just overclock an AMD cpu and use it to encode your animes all day long.

At least then the energy used to heat is also doing something useful for you.

I use a mini split ac/heater, pic related
its very cost efficient at both heating and air conditioning

my parents use a radiant heating system. basically a oil burning water heater and pump that runs the hot water through pipes that snake underneath the floors.
hands down the most comfortable home heating system i've ever seen. literally heats the home and not the air in it.

here is a pic of the radiant heat at work
its so fucking nice

If you want localized heat a radiant heater is more efficient.

A normal electric heater will just try to heat the room.
Although you could place it close to you it won't give the same effect as a radiant heater.

both heaters try to heat the room

there's nothing magical about the heat put out by the machines that keeps it localized just to you

this to be honest

mine some dogecoins or sth

Have one of those in a room that used to be a screened in patio. Works really well.

lmao asian floor heating
great for bathroom floors in the winter, comfy as fuck
terrible for actually trying to heat a home.

except that a forced air heater will warm up air and move it around the room

a radiant heater like user just posted will radiate heat to the objects in front of it. you could put it out in a windstorm and aim it at you and you'll still feel the warmth. conditions in which a forced air heater would never work

To clarify:

There are two ways to heat your body.
1) heat the air around your body.
2) bombard your skin with (infrared) light.

The second method is more efficient.
But the feeling is quite different.
More like bathing in sunlight or facing a fireplace vs. just being in a warm place.

radiators

Bitcoin minig.

>there's nothing magical about the heat put out by the machines that keeps it localized just to you

It's not "magic", but photons (light).

The key difference is that your skin is much better at absorbing radiant energy than air.
So it passes thorough the air without heating it and heats your skin directly.

it can be more expensive to heat a home that way, and it is slower to make changes. but my whole home is heated through radiant heat and its marvelous.
I don't know why you might think it would be terrible, but I find it abundantly more comfortable than forced air heat.

you can open a window and it doesn't let all the heat out. The whole house just feels warm, but not like its being warmed.

I turned my central heating off completely. My PC produces more than enough heat to keep warm in the winter

Yes.

Feeling the warmth of the sun on a windy but sunny winter day is a good example.

>a radiant heater like user just posted will radiate heat to the objects in front of it. you could put it out in a windstorm and aim it at you and you'll still feel the warmth.
and then all that heat will radiate out to the rest of the room

>it can be more expensive to heat a home that way

If you use natural gas it's generally more efficient then using traditional radiators.

That's because the total surface area of the "radiators" is much bigger (the entire floor instead of just a few square meters)
Which allows for lower temperature.

If the temperature of the water returning to the gas powered heater is low enough it causes exhaust gasses to condensate, which gives off additional heat that would otherwise disappear through the chimney.

no there's nothing magical
it doesn't come at much surprise that placing a cat on a radiator will lead to a warmer cat than placing it in the other end of the room
You're saving energy if you're absorbing the energy and get warm without the room needing to be warm
if you had to conserve energy you would quickly notice it's more cost efficient to heat a few objects (you one of them) rather than all of them (whole room with closets, etc.)

so whats your point
the heat from the rest of the room will radiate back to you, even if the room is fucking cold as shit

if you are implying that all heaters are whole room heaters, I suggest you try your theory out. using an infrared radiant heater to heat a whole room is a stupid idea and most likely a fire hazard. It will never bring the room to an elevated equilibrium unless the insulation is unreal and you are forcing air using some other method like fans

my system burns diesel, I think the water is probably really hot and not just warm. but it has a beautiful heat exchanger built in to equalize the incoming cold and outgoing hot water.

another plus to radiant heat is that it can be set up as a normal water heater as well, as mine is. sure there is hot water running through the floors, as soon as I turn the shower on, it pulls from the floor radiators and i have instant hot water

also the water is excruciatingly hot I have to be really careful with sinks and faucets

isn't condensation an exothermic process? wouldn't gasses condensing in your chimney draw heat out from around the chimney, I would think that would have a negligible negative impact on heating efficiency

>it can be set up as a normal water heater as well, as mine is. sure there is hot water running through the floors, as soon as I turn the shower on, it pulls from the floor radiators and i have instant hot water

That is a very weird setup though.

Normally the centralized heating is a closed loop.

Isn't it a health risk to use the same system for showering?
Some bacteria like legionella thrive in luke-warm water.

No, it's the reverse: turning liquid to gas extracts heat from its surroundings.

Pentium 4 Prescott 3.4 GHz

nuff said

I've never actually seen another radiant heat setup

perhaps this is why my water isn't just luke-warm. Its fucking scalding hot. It def. needs to be mixed with cold water for use outside of a radiant heat pipe.

There is also a UV sterilization system involved. ultraviolet germicidal irradiation they call it

wow man just did some research on legionella and open-direct water systems like my own.

interesting shit. I'll definately consider running some irrigation while I'm away just to keep the water moving. I'm certainly going to be a lot more serious about checking that UV cleaner for proper function