TypeScript, AngularJS, Node.js, ASP MVC, MongoDB, Azure

I am an antiquated Web Forms developer. The sites I worked on are going away soon and I need to get my ass in gear and learn the following by the end of 2017, or I am fired:

TypeScript, AngularJS, Node.js, ASP MVC, MongoDB, Azure

What I currently know:

Raw JavaScript, C#, Web Forms, T-SQL

Anyone have any suggestions for a personal learning project I could work on that would incorporate TypeScript, AngularJS, Node.js, ASP MVC, MongoDB, and Azure all together?

Other urls found in this thread:

nodeschool.io/#workshopper-list
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Web
>Developer
just get fired, counter assistant and prostitution are both more worthy jobs than what you have

Hey what's your fucking problem BUDDY?

NEET get out

just make a small project 3-4 times a week using those technologies and then throw it in the bin. That way you get used to the set up and environment very quickly. Then, when you're more experienced, try and set up an angular/typescript front end with node backend to make an in-browser chat client or something.

I am saying the truth

Prostitutes makes customer happy after fucking
Web developers makes customers unhappy after loading their shitty shit (basically fucking the customers)

I have my own project that uses Node.js and MongoDB. I need to learn angularjs myself so i'd definitely appreciate any help you'd want to give senpai

If you're interested, anyways.

what he said is true.
those are the web dev technologies for this month. next month the list will look completely different.

I did one Angular project before. It wasn't that difficult. just adding "ng" all over your html and spending ten hours figuring out the "new" way to do simple shit that took you ten seconds to do with JavaScript before.

Get fired, take time to go with backend dev. You'll be less under the pressure of learning hyped low-lifecycle shits forever.

I'm not arguing with that, it is what I hate about my job. I spend years learning something inside and out, then some new package comes out that offers all of two benefits and you have to then completely relearn your job. Fuck Angular, fuck Mongo, and fuck Node.

exactly, just quit it, be a teacher for some school and go back to taking creep shots of kids

>web dev

Web dev is literal insanity these days. Learn something else my dude.

Exactly. You know C#, use it as a pivot to fly away.

Like what?

You could quite easily learn Java, the techs are decent and there's work for such devs out there.

What would you pivot to that is actually hiring? This isn't 1997, the only developer jobs that are hiring want web people.

Business Intelligence might be an option?
Or you could take a scholarship, study at a university and become a professor.

IDK.

The point is OP knows C#, and he can leverage this knowledge to go backend. Backend doesn't make itself.

Meme library of the week is why web dev is shit.

>by the end of 2017
>learn all of that in one project

Well, I think that's too many technologies to learn at once. Since you mentioned that you have a year, I would learn them in this order:

- Typescript and node.js. This will give you a foundation, because you'll learn typescript syntax and the node.js environment. Everything else you do will be based on this. I think the most tedious thing to do will be learning how to set up a project, because there are a fuckton of build tools out there (transpilers, test runners, etc), and it's only going to be more complicated if you're using Typescript. Learn Gulp and/or Webpack and get good at setting up projects quickly.

If it helps, you can try doing all of the "core" exercises at nodeschool.io/#workshopper-list Take a month or two to learn everything about node and typescript, because there is a lot of stuff there.

- After you can set up node projects, then learn about Mongo and Angular. Google "MEAN stack" to see how you can use these technologies together with Node/Typescript in order to make a web app. Angular is rather complex and is basically it's own DSL, so it might take some time to learn. Again, probably another month or two to become familiar with both of these technologies.

- Finally, learn Azure or ASP MVC, but I think those would be the last things that you should learn. I've never used either of these. "ASP MVC" seems to be something entirely separate from the Javascript world, but Azure is just a cloud hosting service like Google Compute, so it shouldn't be too difficult to learn. Learn how to use that after you've mastered everything while working on your localhost.

Also, Angular and Mongo are not "meme libraries of the week." They've been around since the Javscript revolution and they'll be around for at least a decade to come.

>>> Jacascript revolution.

Go fuck yourself, webdev is for fags who doesn't know how to program in a computer and need 'duh so much abstraction'

web is really taking off fagot, good luck deploying that desktop app!

literally search
[service] online, and you are bound to found at least one alternative

>>> app

Stop your faggotry.

>Angular
>not a meme

Angular is shit. In general most libraries that try to reinvent JavaScript are shit. I'm fine with frameworks that gloss over browser differences, but this "superheroic gonna change teh world i can program 9,001x faster now" meme shit has got to end.

And yes, the fucking pajeets and man children behind Angular actually use "superheroic" to describe a god damn js framework.

I'm beginning to think that anything and everything above C was a fucking mistake because it invited normies into the world of programming. "We koders now."

Fuck I wish I could go back I would have become a plastic surgeon and performed tit jobs for a living.

>good luck deploying that desktop app!

Good luck having performance, efficiency, or a truly responsive/interactive UI with that web app!

I blame Sun for this meme. I remember arguing with faggots in the 90's who were claiming "in 5 years all your applications will be Java applications delivered over the Internet!"

And it's so fucking simple to debunk this bullshit:
* A web pipe will never be faster than local storage.
* A web app will never be close enough to the metal to work as well as a real app.

>everything above C was a fucking mistake
also Sup Forums being easier to use

>MongoDB
Why is it a hot topic?

it's just fragmentation that's all
simple shit can be done on the web
complex stuff that takes time thick client

No big deal, OP.
Just one problem at a time:

>JavaScript to TypeScript

It's much harder to learn JS than to make this switch. Bascially TypeScript is just JS with static typing.

>T-SQL to MongoDB

Again, this is not that hard.
I would argue good SQL is harder to learn than learning a NoSQL database. There are some pitfalls, but bascially it's easier.

>Web Forms to ASP MVC

Again, you are halfway there.
It's a paradigm shift, so something new, but not that difficult to grasp.

>Azure

No idea, I guess it's doable. It's just a cloud plattform, right?

>AngularJS

Angular1 or 2? They are very differnt.
This is probably the biggest task here. But totally doable and fun to learn.

Godspeed, gramps!

Oh I forgot:

>Anyone have any suggestions for a personal learning project I could work on that would incorporate (...) all together?

Don't do this, it won't work out.

Rather do one Project where you use ASP MVC and Azure.

And one where you use Angular + Node + MongoDB. They are all part of the so-called "MEAN stack" (just google it up).

And last but not least change the latter project into typescript.

Here you go.

You are not a smart person.

Angular is not about making "coding in JS faster", it's a MVVM framework with data binding.

Are cars a bad idea just because the wheel was already invented?

Please save your money, become a prostitue and (literally) get fucked.

Typescript, its a simply transcompiler and all javascript is can be interpreted as Typescript.

So Typescript is an extension of Javascript

For ASP.NET MVC i recomend you to use the .NET Core version and learn what is the .NetStandard

Thank you friend!

Thanks junior. Angular 2 btw, not wasting time on 1. Alright, I won't do them all at once. Working on just a basic MVC one right now, once I get that hosted using all the new bullshit Azure tools, I'll move onto the new stack, or mean stack as you say.

When I first heard about TypeScript I thought it would never amount to shit, just Microsoft trying to capture the JavaScript market, but now here I am scrambling to learn it.

Thank you for the tips!

>everything above C was a fucking mistake because it invited normies into the world of programming
do you want to be a special snowflake? fucking piece of shit, programming can be for everyone, use the shit you want to use, other people have the right to do and use other tools.
You know nothing about technology means and why is actually good having a lot of tools.

>by the end of 2017
you got it easy man. stupid fucking easy. so easy.

if you can't learn those in over a year while already knowing multiple languages you deserve to be fired because you're brain damaged

>can't into English comprehension
>tells other people they are "not smart"
You are what's wrong with IT.

>do you want to be a special snowflake?
No. I want ENGINEERS who understand how to architect software systems. Not script kiddies who pee themselves over every new meme library.

>programming can be for everyone,
>brain surgery can be for everyone
>open heart surgery can be for everyone
>rocket science can be for everyone
>skyscraper architecture can be for everyone
Gee, I wonder how software wound up as bloated and buggy and insecure as it is today.

I just said it wasn't the meme library "of the week"