I was thinking of buying this used laptop but then I saw this pic related

I was thinking of buying this used laptop but then I saw this pic related.
Is is a deal breaker ?

Yes

I thought you meant the centered trackpad

how does sheeet like that even happen lmao

Are you buying it to signal your status? Then it's a dealbreaker. You wouldn't want people to think you are below them, which you obviously would be if that corner is chipped.
Are you buying it as a tool to get work done? Be happy you have an angle to haggle the price down a bit.

I have no freaking idea. The bottom is fine though

I'm buying it as a tool. I'm just afraid that what caused that might have damaged the tool

Most likely only damaged the HDD if it shitty old spinnan disk, you should put an ssd in anyway so just buy it.

It was dropped onto a hard surface.

The HDD that was in there when it dropped might not have enjoyed the experience, although some laptops have shock absorbtion for the HDD. Also maybe the hinges of the screen could have come a bit ajar? Depends on how it was dropped.
All the solid state stuff wouldn't have cared.

Make sure to check the drive's smart data if you do buy it, but if it is advertised as working then I expect the HDD to pull through.

It's advertised as 128ssd + 1tb HDD and they seller said everything works.
I have few more pictures i'll share

The chiclet keys are the real deal breaker.

I have that on my laptop kek, same spot. Thankfully it worked like the seller said it would

>used
Laptops usually sit on people's lap. Think about it.
And yes, that's would be a deal breaker.

how does one even damage a laptop like that ?

By droppinh it like an idiot

Is the battery life acceptable, OP, not worn out?

I have it on the bottom, only visible from certain odd angles. It was a dirt-cheap write off, one of the best purchases I ever did.

the seller says it holds 8 hours in energy saver mode

you need to tell them to drop the price a bit because you will need to repair that part.

I'm afraid of the damage that might have happened internally

Where are you buying it from

some guy

Yes, definitely. Light scuffs and scratches or even small dents are fine. A chip or crack is not.

centered is the best you furrfag

Don't touch it, it's had a serious impact. You have idea idea of the condition internally.

As for battery, he can say it's fine, but if it only holds a 10 minute charge there is nothing you can do as they are considered consumables.

Well he gave me 1 week warranty so I think he has some faith in what he sells.

>that keyboard layout

Holy shit you're in for a ride OP lmao

Can return? If so buy and see. Probably fine.

Seriously, don't get set on buying something even when evidence shows you it might be a mistake. There are loads of good second hand laptops out there. I just bought a x230 for £130, like new not a scratch and boxed. If you live in the US it should be even easier.

Yep I can return if unsatisfied I guess

not in the US sadly

If you want a laptop without imperfections, get a new laptop.

I don't care how it looks. I'm afraid of the internal damage.

If you want a laptop without imperfections, get a new laptop. No matter what you buy, someones cat could have pissed all over the keyboard and it will only function for a month before corrosion kills the board.

Then you should not get this one, seeing the external damage gives a strong indication of internal damage. Even if it seems to work right now.

there are imperfections that you could ignore and there are some that you can't.
All right fair enough.

Sup Forums - buyers advice