Can anyone tell me why Sup Forums supports nvidia?

can anyone tell me why Sup Forums supports nvidia?

>Sup Forums is a single person
Actually Sup Forums is filled with amd apologists.

I just got my first nvidia card after having amd cards since I started building computers in 2008 or so.

Nvidia software is superior and cards are cooler. Fuck AMD.

>i cant install modern amd drivers

the post.

Nvidia run games at a midrange level, you run into less compatibility issues. AMDs high-end cards are non-existent.

Almost the same difference between AMD and Intel where performance is concerned.

The corner cutting with AMD and CPUs unfortunately extends in same to their GPUs.

Generally common knowledge is that Nvidia normally release higher performance and greener (less power consumption) graphics cards.
It usually is that you buy what you get with Nvidia with rare cases of the company fucking up.

(worst cases so far was the 970 3.5GB RAM instead of 4GB scandal and a driver, maybe more, which caused damage to old gen Nvidia graphics cards).
Said driver which damaged graphics card also caused by GTX Titan to stagger considerably for performance which was a new graphics card at the time, but my card was not damaged and I reverted to a previous driver which resolved the performance issue until a newer driver was released without the associated issues.

AMD commonly enhances their previous generation performance using newer developed technology processes for GPU in relation to fabrication (other components, etc) to increase performance rather than design a significantly better graphics card and use more power than Nvidia as a result.
It is often common knowledge that when AMD cards a high end graphics card and it's slightly inferior version that the hardware inside both cards are the same and it is possible to do a BIOS flash and upgrade a lower end card to it's high end equivalent.

That said this rule did change when they used HBM memory for their previous generation graphics card but for some reason they reverted and went back to GDDR5 for some reason. No idea why behind this.

So far their last HBM memory graphics cards were the better ones to use but was normally limited to 4GB unless you put two together for 8GB in crossfire (and other performance enhancements).

Last time I recommended AMD was in 2009-2010, but this changed when Nvidia released the 400 series with the Fermi architecture (following 500 series was a simple enhance but was a better overall).

>Worst case was 970
Did you miss the 460 VRM issue, 8 series laptop deaths, and FX5 DX9 lies? All way worse issues.

>enhances their previous generation performance...
Nvidia does the same thing, Pascal is extremely close in design to Maxwell, enough so that it can be called Maxwell die shrink, while Maxwell is based off Kepler with a different execution/control ratio and better caching. Hell, the Tesla architecture was kept for five series, 8, 9, 100, 200, and 300. Noted 100 and 300 were usually OEM only. The last major architecture refresh was done by both companies at the same time in 2012, GCN and Kepler.

>the hardware inside both cards are the same
Yeah it's called binning. Every semiconductor company does it. 1070 and 1080 are both GP104. i5 6400 and i7 6700K are the same chip. Hell, your GPU, the Titan? 780, 780 Ti, Titan, Titan Black, Titan Z, all are GK110. Occasionally when binning a company does a soft bin, which can be reversed by modifying the device microcode. It's happened on CPU's and GPU's.

HBM is expensive as fuck, and Polaris 10 didn't need the extra bandwidth that comes with it.

Honestly, are you fresh from Sup Forums? This is commonly known shit.

Just got my first AMD card, you are fucking retarded, it is literally no different. Kys

Because Sup Forums is 90% consumerism and 10% about technology. Spreading misinformation to shill products (all for free, of course) is what we do here.

>"Literally"
>"Kys"

It really has to suck knowing that nobody wants your shitty hardware. Use stolen Nvidia/Intel memes all you want but 3.5 gigs was never an issue since this card can't run anything properly above 1080p, no matter what's the actual memory usage. It's not like they shill for free, most people who are super against AMD or Nvidia got burned by one of them by buying a faulty malfunctioning product. It's just so magically happens that AMD failure rates since 2xx are 2-3 times higher than Nvidia ones, and that's not mentioning drivers etc.

honestly i've used both and had shitty luck with both.

i personally prefer Nvidia because they have a better track record for performing well and not having issues. I also have this thing called a job, idk if any of you neets have one; so i can afford nice things like a 1080

+1

you're wrong actually OP, Sup Forums supports Nvidia. Sup Forums supports AMD

this, also dubs confirm

People are stupid

Nvidia requires you to give them your personal information for access to their software

Do you even have a 4k display?

>I don't know how the industry works, the post.
This is what happens when you spend < a week in learning about a complex subject, and think you know enough to teach other people.

>DDR5 MEMORY
what?

The 'G' was reserved for Gimping rather than memory.

Hue

I've been a little out of the loop on Sup Forums for a little while but I think I remember reading about some card having 3.5GBs instead of 4.
Is the OP image trying to convey that there was an AMD card that had 8GBs instead of 4?
Which?

Sup Forums is a shitposting board. it has little if anything to do with technology user.

>spongebob autism

The very first run reference 480 4gb cards had 8gbs on the PCB you could unlock with a bios flash

There weren't that many made

because it work on linux without major performance issue

>(worst cases so far was the 970 3.5GB RAM instead of 4GB scandal and a driver, maybe more, which caused damage to old gen Nvidia graphics cards).
ignoring that every few driver updates you get ones that randomly fry cards for one reason or another. Nvidia drivers aren't as good as they used to be.

marketing is effective

If you could control memory speed it would be flawless.

And by this I mean, I can't set a 2D maximum to control the memory from going full clock because I have 2 monitors so it tries to always clock up the memory.

because their drivers work on linux. amds support is fucking horrible. they wont support cards older than 2 or 3 years and new cards aren't working either.

>form over function

Team/g/reen

i'm using an rx 480 with ubuntu atm. it literally just werks