T
S
U
N
G

Other urls found in this thread:

displaymate.com/Galaxy_S7_ShootOut_1.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Meh, I went back to my Note5 and will await the Note8 eagerly.

Sorry, but a real stylus on a phone is a godsend for those that are used to it.

They already tell you you can't use them on planes.

>tfw I replaced the battery, and created my own custom rom for it

Oh, it's (you) again.

Not for verizon. Plus I have package disabler pro and I never get any updates so jokes on them. Sticking with my note 7 until a note 8 comes out.

Why don't they just give replacement batteries?

they did
and then they blew up.

> muh things

I don't get it? Even if the failure rate is 1 in 10000 they can't be expected to test 10000 units before shipping out. How many units blew up vs how many were sold?

They recalled it as soon as they found out it wasn't safe, I'd say that's pretty based of them.

Truth to be told, I never liked samsung.
It always seemed to stink a little of aplefagism.
After I find they are getting rid of jack in next model and went full apple I say fuck them and their phones.

must have been a pretty good percent for Samsung to do all of this, it's costing them a ton of cash

enjoy your car fire faggot

I hope your house burns and you become a homeless queer prostitute

It's not that high. I think they did the recall mainly because they realised its a design flaw that, despite the relatively low rate it was happening at, would just keep happening throughout the devices lifetime.

will buy apple case and iphone skin.
wut note 7

>android
>disabled phones

>apple
>disabled users

Why buy a smartphone at all then?

Sorry but fuck off, i'm not changing how I have been using smartphones for literally 4-5 years because a single phone got recalled.
I enjoy note's, I will be getting the next note.

If your feelings got upset by samsung I really don't care, buy someone else's phone. The only one who gives a shit is probably yourself because the rest of the world simply has no interest in this bullshit.

Would love to know what happened to people who put a custom ROM on it (assuming these even exist for the Note 7) and are still using these.

top kek

There won't be a next note, retard. Didn't Samshit already say they were killing off the Galaxy brand because of this?

Yeah and a week later said they were just kidding because half their customers said you pricks better give me another fucking note.

ayylmao

Calm down, they're not going to take away your shitty stylus phones, they just won't call them Note again.

No that's what i'm saying, they announced back in early November they will be continuing the Note line, they previously had announced in October that it would no longer be using the Note name, but a few weeks later they flipped back saying they would continue.

you never leave the house
why the fuck would you ever be on a plane

/consumerist/ containment board when?

Why don't they remove the batteries and sell them as $99 mini PCs? All they need is a linux build for desktop, as is they're good enough for media players with android.

>Samshit
used an S2 once
had to install curry ROMS just to have a """"functioning""""" device
AMOLED screen shit itself with artifacts after only a year
Headphone jack broke from normal usage, something that hasn't yet happened on a 23USD sansa clip+ I have owned for 3 years

Never again

won't happen
I've been bitching about it for years

S2 is nothing like current samsung phones.

Just like the LG G1 was garbage, but the LG G5 is fucking amazing.

If your brand loyalty runs so deep that you can't use a brand that made a bad product 4+ years ago I don't know how to help you user.

>S2 is nothing like current samsung
still the same bloated touchwiz
still burnin issues on amoshit (I rather use a good IPS panel)
still dependent on Samshit for updates when they feel like blessing their users with them
marginally better build quality at best

They're not worth anything near flagship price

It's the same trends continued with modern specs. I have no desire to repeat it

so then Sup Forums
what is the best smartphone/android?

The Apple iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have this problem.

Galaxy Note 4

Your opinions are literally irrelevant considering they're outdated as fuck. 4 years might as well be 20 years in the technology industry.

Incorrect.

>still burnin issues on amoshit
lol? Burn in hasn't been an issue since the S2/S3 days you dumb fuck.

Unless its a store model, you'll be hard pressed to notice burn in after 12-24 months of normal use.

If you're a retard and use it as a GPS for 5 hours a day at 100% brightness, yeah it's gonna fucking burn in your GPS app onto the screen because no fucking shit 100% brightness for hours a time is simply not good for organic LEDs.

Keep your brightness levels undercontrol (with auto brightness) and there are no issues with burn in. I've had my note4 for over 2 years now without any burn in noticeable.

No, I'm speaking of what I evaluate the line as currently and saying how not enough has changed since the S2.

I don't expect you to understand as it seems you're more of the mindlless fanboy type by the looks of this thread

Won't people have to accept the update for it to brick though?

how does it feel to be dead wrong?

I use my phone to navigate, so five hours at maximum brightness isn't that far fetched.
My phone is ips lcd though and I'd never buy Samsung, even when I like amoled more, as it can be tweaked to a greater extend.

Amoled was always sub bar in QC and aged like shit meanwhile IPS variants still look like they do on day 1 for good panels. Not even talking about the technical shortcomings of OLED here.

Wish a company besides Samshit got into mobile OLED so they can make a proper product.

>I'm choosing to remain stubbornly ignorant because it's easier than forming new opinions by embracing new experiences

Dismissing that post alone as fanboyism is lazy. Are you black?

>Incorrect
How much does Samsung pay you?

I'll agree with you once the 7plus gets a recall like the Note 7. Until then, keep your isolated example Chinese sourced links in your Samshill folder

a single 5 hour stretch of max brightness it not an issue, however do it 5+ hours a day every day because you're a courier or taxi driver or something, and yeah, you'll have problems with burn in.

Every iPhone I've had developed yellow edges along the outer perimeter of the display, and Apple/Sharp is regarded as the best IPS display maker, no?

There are trade-offs between both display technologies, even though both have proved substantially since the S2 you've based all your assumptions off of.

AMOLED displays beat the best IPS panels in pretty much every category. Just look up actual well done studies on the displays.

>OLED Display Evolution
What is particularly significant and impressive is that Samsung has been systematically improving OLED display performance with every Galaxy generation since 2010, when we started tracking OLED displays. The first notable OLED Smartphone, the Google Nexus One, came in decidedly last place in our 2010 Smartphone Display Shoot-Out. In a span of just six years OLED display technology is now challenging and even exceeding the performance of the best LCDs. The Galaxy S7 continues this impressive systematic improvement in OLED displays and technology.

displaymate.com/Galaxy_S7_ShootOut_1.htm

Samsung voluntarily recalled their shit because they were trying to be responsible.

Apple blames its rabid fanbase for holding it wrong and they don't care.

Learn to read, I already told you I evaluated the line at what it's worth today. Samshit is a worthless company that churns out products that belong in a trashcan after a year. In fact LG is way more respectable relatively.

You're assuming the only opinion I could have formed of Samsung is when I owned an S2 and that the only way that I could form an opinion is by owning an S7. This is not even fanboyism. This is plain shilling

They are literally banned at airports. As in, it's a federal mandate by the TSA that you cannot bring them on planes because they pose such a potential hazard.

So what, if you bought one you are fucked?

At least the g1 doesn't boot loops :^)

>I evaluated the line at what it's worth today
How? When? The only evidence you've cited is that you've owned an S2 60 years ago. Those are your words. You're not credible at all, because you are flat out wrong. Your opinions are baseless, and now youre relying on ad hominem memes as rebuttals. Pointless. Have a good evening.

you're comparing a safety hazard to an engineering fault

Guarantee Samshit wouldn't do a recall like this if it didn't realize it was going to be the end game anyway.

You seem to think corporations have personalities and have some ethical code driving their decisions

My S2 is still going strong, had to change the battery twice but it was covered by the service provider.

Been using it as mp3 player, mobile banking shit, internet shit, and e-reader for years now. I even use it as a phone on a rare occasion.

I tried the new ones but nothing about them really seems to be better.

>How? When? The only evidence you've cited is that you've owned an S2 60 years ago. Those are your words. You're not credible at all, because you are flat out wrong. Your opinions are baseless, and now youre relying on ad hominem memes as rebuttals. Pointless. Have a good evening.
Sure thing. I already explained it here but you clearly have reading comprehension problems and perhaps memory problems.

I truly feel sorry for people like you that are incapable of making decisions based on facts and instead go on brand worshipping.

>Every iPhone I've had developed yellow edges
post more obscure anecdotal evidence

>and e-reader for years now.
what type of eye cancer do you have?

tfw it will still be confiscated if you try to board a plane

i was about to call you a faggot, but after rubbing my sore eyes for half a minute i was able to see you got trips. In all sincerity my kinsman, it isn't even that bad.

>IPS developing yellow tint
>AMOLED developing burn-in
>anecdotal

Not sure you know what this word means.

they do have an ethical code. Its called "customer retention" the only difference for apple is their fanbase is too brainwashed they could literally sell a flaming bag of dogshit and get a billion sales

retention has nothing to do with them issuing a recall that was unavoidable.

it's true that Apple can sell shit on a stick to delusionals (like they have with any recent product they have made where they are actually starting to remove features) but that has nothing to do with their recall conduct

Samsung would not issue a recall for a problem similar in nature to the iphone 4 antenna issue because a full fledged recall would actually hurt their customer retention more than letting the issue fade away.

This. So glad I fell for the note 5 meme instead of the note 7.

>posting the shopped image

>APPLE DINDU NUFFIN

Wait how retarded must be Manufactures of phone to make slightly bigger version of same phone so different that it has so many bugs.

Only thing about Galaxy is has bigger screen, can't these fucker just copy paste everything on new phone?

Isn't it ironic. The ONE update Lagdroid fags get and they want to disable it because it's a bad one.

Whats photoshopped about it? Also does that horse have a raging hard on because shes chugging its cum?

it's a fault in the phone design. there's not enough room for the battery to expand when heating up. it's fair to say every note 7 is on borrowed time and will eventually blow up.

>there are people legitimately defending samsung

they're the biggest rip off merchants in the industry, post purchase rationalisation is truly an amazing thing.

How is this news? Wasn't this confirmed in like October?

It doesn't matter how many phones actually exploded in the short period of time they were legitimately on the market, the important part is that it was a design flaw that could have seen many, many more explode over the coming months and years.
Considering it is a design flaw potentially every single device could succumb within normal operating life. Just like Touch Disease.

Disabling the Note 7s is not a shit move. They have been deemed unsafe, they have been recalled, a full refund or replacement with equivalent device was offered and Samsung even gave people $100 cash extra for returning them.
If you still have one then you're the retard.

>Samsung would not issue a recall for a problem similar in nature to the iphone 4 antenna issue because a full fledged recall would actually hurt their customer retention more than letting the issue fade away.
That's hard to gauge because Samsung hasn't had any widespread issues of a similar nature.

For one thing, they have always had excellent antenna reception whereas the iPhone's is still dogshit and actually worse depending which side of your head you hold it on.

>my phone works fine but I don't kare and only kare about new things becauz I'm a wasteful conformist shitlord

I'm defending Samsung because they actually took reasonable steps without someone suing them into it.

Lawsuits would have happened. I wouldn't be surprised if lawsuits still come out of this, but they acted quite swiftly.

This

>or one thing, they have always had excellent antenna reception

yeah, i'm really surprised by this. just got an s7 and for the first time i'm able to take calls indoors and off wi-fi on t-mobile.

>bros
you are not my brother.