Any reason to use Arch over Debian testing? I want recent packages without having to fuck around a lot

Any reason to use Arch over Debian testing? I want recent packages without having to fuck around a lot.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian#Don.27t_make_a_FrankenDebian
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I want recent packages without having to fuck around a lot
In my experience, Arch takes way less fucking around than Debian. I don't get how Debian is so popular.

Yeah, the last time I tried to install Debian I just gave up and did Ubuntu because of some shit with my wifi adapter.

Depending on how new to Linux you are, and how refined your tastes are, apt is a clusterfuck piece of shit. However, if you plan to keep things basic, it's usable. Use whatever you think you can manage until you feel comfortable enough to move up a level.

>Theoretically debian is superior
Doesnt apt permit partial updates, mutiple versions and aren't debian repos qualitative superior?
Doesn't debian seperate its packages?

But installing/maintaining arch is actually a breeze and storage apace is cheap now.

>Question
Do you guys know wether tumbleweed is worth it?

My experience as well. Fuck all the repos and franken-debian shit you have to go through with testing repos and mirrors and shit. And fuck sjw's
Even Debian stable is full of bugs, just take a stroll around the cve lists or bugtracker and you'll realize"stable" is a meme.

wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian#Don.27t_make_a_FrankenDebian

>apt is a clusterfuck piece of shit

why? it just werks. update and upgrade, ez.

Debian testing user here. I have tried almost every district under the sun. I started with Red Hat 9, followed by Slackware 9. Then I ran Debian 3.0 (sarge) for years on a server and I tried on the desktop OpenSuSE, Gentoo, Slax, Ubuntu, Puppy Linux, Linux From Scratch, Ã…ngstrom Linux on a 1st Gen clickwheel iPod, Fedora, Arch, Void, and NetBSD, PC-BSD and FreeBSD from the BSDs. I always keep coming back to Debian because it just works. It has never crashed, failed or not booted on me.

I have Debian testing on both laptop and desktop. This is not going to change any time soon.

this desu. arch is a meme for a reason.

>i have no idea what stable means

If you aspire to be a womanly faggot then choose Arch.

Debian is a pure male distro - except for that faggot poetteringware.

Who's this cougar?

I use Arch. Willing to switch if somebody can convince me why Debian is better. I know Arch is a meme, but I don't really get why people don't like it. I don't really like adding other people's repositories and keys and shit. Everything in Arch is in either the standard repos or the AUR, so pacman actually can manage everything without apt-get autoremove deleting all the packages you downloaded manually because they don't have a repository.

I am probably retarded. But why?

Apt is known for hosing your system if you happen to try to remove a seemingly innocuous package like mahjong or swell foop.

who is this cumdumpster?

GENTOO
E
N
T
O
O

my gf

Lead Developer for Debian.

This. Might as well install Ubuntu or Solus.

I was about to reply to you with "gross, she looks old as fuck", but then I saw the filename and realized it's a tranny

>Not recognizing this thing immediately
Have you been living under a rock?

Opensuse tumbleweed is nice but i would rather go with Sabayon/Korora.

Some people complain that many AUR builds from arch are unprofessional, the official packages are not split and the usual systemd rants.
Korora is Fedorabased since 2010 would you still recomend it?
Will look into Sabayon perhaps its less timeconsuming than gentoo