>coded in C
>not a botnet
>FOSS
>not run by SJWs

Other urls found in this thread:

rarbg.to/torrent/yi41aos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mpv+cmus

Sup Forums likes everything until it becomes mainstream.

It's shit compared to MPC-HC.

I dunno. Maybe because there are better media players like mpv and mpc-hc that don't fuck up simple shit like seeking.

Because they are hipster NEETS.

VLC is that kind of program that you should always have in your PC, like a notepad.

vlc dev detected

Your program is objectively shit. Kill yourself

Because it's made for watching streams

WAIT! Is some video player run by SJWs?

Sup Forums hates anything that's good.
Look at how they reacted to Solus.

I don't know why Sup Forums hates it but I don't like it because its seeking sucks on big files.
See

History lesson.

Sup Forums, and Sup Forums for that matter, is populated with weeaboos.

VLC for a long period of time was absolutely garbage when it came to subtitles, having only the very basic crappy support for them. This had made it impossible to use it for translated anime.

because
>shit tier code, heck even pull requests they make for other projects like FFmpeg end up buggy and broken
>can't render anything properly, algorithms are the laughing stock of the video tech community
>designed for streaming first and video playback second; and it shows
>their own custom demuxers are absolute dogshit, still can't seek quickly in 2016
>tied to a garbage GUI, not lightweight

>objectively

not an argument

MPC-HC is windows only, and nobody uses windows, so it's shit

>cant watch poorly coding Malaysian pedo halal moving pictures

this board is filled with niggerfaggots

I don't know how well vlc works today, but back in the days it really did suck. You could not watch 1080p video without it glitching out the picture, from time to time. It would load sub cache for a long time, and video seeking was slow. The interpolation was nowhere to be found, and the colors were a bit off.

This is why people hated it, and still treats it like a joke. But like I said, I don't have any clue on how well it works today.

>there are faggots out here who don't realize where MPC comes from

>this is what retards actually believe

It had trouble playing their chink cartoons encoded in autist tier formats.

I've never had a problem with vlc in my entire life. all the faggots that don't like it are autistic basement dwellers that use off brand software because they think they're cool

>me watching 1080p movies on a core duo in 2009

what kind of shit computer did you have?

Without any problems at all? Not any of these problems that were well known among users and developers alike?

1. Video quality issues, especially at the beginnings of files
2. Takes several seconds to start up, whereas MPV starts instantaneously no matter what file I throw at it
3. MPV just has better video quality out of the box, and can be configured for even better quality if you want

I do still keep it around for when I want to play DVDs, though.

>t. someone who has never played a remux

t. someone who isn't a bitch and could care less about perfect image quality

>subtitles for animu
Come on, if you can learn Haskell and C you can learn japanese.

>and could care less about perfect image quality

I think you mean you couldn't care less. And if you don't care about image quality than vlc is for you friend :)

because there is potplayer

>use VLC
>has a fuckton of supported formats, plays broken videos, can use dank skins and much more
>use mpv
>runs like donkeyshit and has even more tearing than old VLC versions
Am i getting memed here?

sounds like you're the one memeing

Nice bait Pajeet. Here's a (You) to help feed your family.

I'm trying, user.

Because it cant play 4k video without constant stuttering

not him, but I also had a c2d and watched 1080p bluray rips with vlc. never a single problem. guess you guys are not good with pcs if you have problems?

Sup Forums hates EVERYTHING which becomes popular. as in, when it's so good even normies start to use it. vlc, qbitorrent, windows 10... you name it. it hurts their hipster feelings. so yeah, keep using it bro, don't mind these cucks.

>normies
I agree, but god fucking DAMN it, stop using this damn word.

>bro
>cucks
Oh, nevermind. This is just a newfag Sup Forumstard that discovered that Sup Forums is not just Sup Forums.

I use VLC

Agreed

damn you triggered... autism?

shit performance on .mkv and .mp4 files compared to MPC-HC

also no built in screenshot contact template (pic related)

MPC-HC hasn't been updated in over a year though so I will probably replace it with VLC in the near future

>I do still keep it around for when I want to play DVDs, though.
it has absolute dogshit-tier deinterlacing though

>planet earth 2 on bluray

OH SHIT, ITS OUT ISNT IT

>Caring more about anoying sjw than murderous botnet

entire season leaked to rarbg.com a week before bluray release in UK, I think.

i downloaded this torrent

rarbg.to/torrent/yi41aos

Because mpv is cleaner and faster. Also better hotkeys.

I though only Sup Forums hated VLC

And that's only a vocal minority of Sup Forums that uses Windows and MPC

Most of Sup Forums are freedom loving GNU/Linux users

VLC is great

Not as good as mpv.

if you don't use VLC you're a faggot

that is all

alright I just installed the 64bit VLC

>no hardware acceleration (MPC-HC has this by default)
>extremely confusing and bloated settings menu (MPC-HC is neat and tidy, can even backup keybindings)
>consumes 10% CPU power when viewing a video (MPC-HC uses 0,8%)
>seeking is slow as fuck, takes 1-2 seconds (MPC-Hc is instant)
>default download button on their website links to the 32-bit version
>default keybindings are shitty and you can accidentally change the filters and sharpness, resulting in all videos viewed in the future will not be correct color and sharpness
>opening a 1080P movie on a 1080P monitor causes a big proportion of the movie to disappear from the monitor
>and when the video is bigger than the monitor, only the thin window border is dragable
>can't use the video's name when taking a screenshot, so you will never know where a screenshot came from

is this the best the french can do? Jesus christ

> 0x7E0
> Not writing your own thumbnailer

Because there are just better media players out there. MPC-HC on Windows and mpv on Mac/Linux

Also this, but it also had trouble with playback occasionally, leaving artifacts everywhere.

/board

They haven't fixed this after over a decade? Fuck this.

mpc-hc lacks a ton of functionality that vlc provides

That cone is the stupidest und ugliest logo of all computing history.

>inb4 function>form

yeah, do not want my computer to look like a chest of duplos

It is made for faggots by faggots, if you don't see what is wrong with it, then you probably one of those faggots and thus VLC suits you perfectly.

>MPC-HC hasn't been updated in over a year though so I will probably replace it with VLC in the near future
Wrong, prefix nightly. to their Website or look closer at the downloads page, it's still actively developed.
Their "releases" are just the rock solid versions. You may also look at the dev branch at github to see what they improved.

such as?
I feel the exact opposite.
For me VLC lacks a ton of functionality that mpc provides.

>Look at how they reacted to Solus.
How's your day, Kevin?

Is this bait?

best media player for old thinkpads? (T420)

mpc-hc with madvr wont play 60 fps video

>Using the word 'objectively' in your subjective argument ever

It tries to do too much. Using ffmpeg is the easiest and best solution, but they use their own solutions.

>MPC-HC hasn't been updated in over a year though

Changelog 12.6.0 to 12.6.5 ~ 2016-12-01

>Updated LAV Filters to version 0.68.1-45-g5ef30
>Updated MadVR to version 0.91.3
>Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.91
>Minor changes and improvements

Changelog 12.5.5 to 12.6.0 ~ 2016-11-22

>Updated Icaros to version 3.0.1 RC1
>CUVID now also supports 10-bit HEVC and 8-bit VP9. Latest NVIDIA driver (375.95) is required.
>Minor changes and improvements

Changelog 12.4.4 to 12.5.0 ~ 2016-10-31

>Updated MPC-HC to version 1.7.10.264
>Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 6.1.1
>Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.90

Changelog 12.3.5 to 12.4.2 ~ 2016-10-04

>Updated LAV Filters to version 0.68.1-33-g4fde98
>Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.89
>Updated Icaros to version 3.0.1 b3
>Hardware acceleration is now enabled by default on systems where the primary GPU supports HEVC video. Currently activated on Intel and Nvidia systems. AMD systems will be activated in a future version when their drivers are more reliable. This functionality requires a recent GPU. It will not be enabled by default on systems that provide only hybrid acceleration.
>Please report if your GPU or its capabilities are not detected correctly

Changelog 11.9.0 to 11.9.6 ~ 2016-02-19

>Updated MPC-HC to version 1.7.10.101
>Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 6.0.5
>Added VP9 hardware acceleration option (DXVA2-CB only). Currently only the NVIDIA GTX 950/960/750v2 are capable of doing full accelerated decoding VP9 video.
>madVR is now capable of outputting 3D video. It uses 3D frame packed output on compatible systems (Windows 8.1 or newer / HDMI 1.4+) and Side-By-Side (SBS) output on older systems.
>LAV Video decoder is capable of decoding H.264 MVC 3D video after installing Intel media SDK plugin (separate download)
>LAV Splitter supports reading H.264 MVC video from Matroska (.MKV) and (decrypted) Bluray discs (.M2TS/.SSIF)

Have you ever tried using VLC on a low spec PC?

Playing a 720p video on my netbook using VLC means that the video is constantly stuttering and dissolving into a pixelated mess.
Using mpv it is perfectly smooth.

they hate it because it just works. it doesn't take several hours to get running thus not providing them with a sense of accomplishment.

>coded

You forgot
>programmed by frenchfags
>who won't listen to people reporting bugs

how

There's way better alternatives.

I use vlc to watch videos at 2x speed without voices getting chipmunked or muted. Any better alternatives?

They're idiots. VLC and MPV are best players out there.

>saying the phrase "not an argument"
heh, i remember when i was like you... brainded.
see If this isn't ob-fucking-jective proof that VLC is niggershit, then I don't know what is.

mpv

MPC-HC + MadVR is the best...

Sup Forums doesn't, Sup Forums does

madVR is unstable as fuck at least on my PC.

Can you elaborate? Radeon? Try the default options

It looks terrible.

Yeah, radeon. Is more about it does weird thing on full screen and it gave me a couple of BSOTD the last months. It usually hangs out if you press alt, or if you press windows key and if that happens easily can take the 99% of my CPU.

>AMD

I can't help you. Next time you know what to do.

But I had an ati before this radeon and it didn't do this kind of things.

Kek

>mkv
found your problem.

>Because Sup Forums

It's funny how all the people defending vlc are just calling people with legitimate issues names.
vlc definitely has issues that other players don't so why Sup Forums use it when they don't have to put up with it it?

lol, its true. vlc cant handle large mkvs properly. of course retards will defend this.

Because they get a settings menu with much more detail. Doesn't matter that 80% of it is irrelevant shit, it appears to be the more advanced player because of it, so these edgy faggots use it to appear more pr0, no matter if the most important part, playing movies has more issues.

The only thing it can do and MPC-HC not is network streaming, so that's the ONLY thing I use VLC for. I watch TV streaming channels from the tuner in my other PC.

Not usable on little 4k monitors, doesn't scale properly.

and that's what vlc was created for streaming, not local file playback. Even still, I prefer mpv for streaming

Is it easier to use for network streaming? It's a fucking hassle switching channels with VLC on a remote tuner.

edgy, contrarianism

VLC screen tears like a motherfuck with lower-bitrate anime for me.

Using MPV however there are no issues and the screen tearing is 90% reduced, there are still small sections here or there with a bit of tearing, but in VLC half the damn frame was tearing.

probably not, I use it because it has better picture.

>muh weeb shit

Who the fuck cares

The only thing I like about VLC is the ability to increase the volume over 100%. It's sometimes really useful..

You know where you are, right? There are more weebs here than on Sup Forums