What heater does g use?

Heaters are technology. It's cold as fuck outside but this little radiator keeps my virgin cave nice and toasty.

Pros:
Easy to move around
Doesn't make a sound
Low power
Doesn't fuck with my allergies or dry out the air like the central heating does
Programmable thermostat and timer

Cons:
Takes a while to warm up the room
Not good for large spaces

What does g use?

Nvidia

A charcoal grill, it's really cheap to run.

>Low power
What m8? It takes just the amount of power it needs..

Personally I'm rolling with double windows and wall (water) heaters.

Oil heaters are great, but they do require a lot of power while heating up, i have one thats about 1500 or 2000w. Though their best aspect is the fact they retain the heat for a long time, so only need to periodically turn on after the initial heat up.

Is use a De'Longhi Oil Filled V550715, 1.5 KW. A little expensive but built like a tank and better than my brothers 30gbp off brand heater.

My room is only small so the lowest power setting (700w) is plenty.

Those little oil filled radiators are great. They stay warm for a long time even after you turn them off. I have a little ceramic space heater but it's not strong enough for my room when it gets really cold. Windows are too drafty.

>Low power
Not from my experience

This horrible piece of shit that barely warms up like a 1m radius by a couple of degrees. I need to get a better one.

We have good central heating but when it was originally installed the morons put the thermostat in a drafty hallway with no heating vents, so we can't run the heat at night because even if you set it to like 68 it'll just keep running full blast all night and make the bedrooms unbearably hot.

It's doubly shitty for me because I live in a separate apartment behind the house, but my HVAC is on the same circuit as the "main" house, so I have to go outside and back in if I want to turn the heat on and off. On top of that my room is right next to the furnace so I get really hot air and it gets up to like 90 degrees in here when the heat is on full blast, or down into the 50s when the AC is on.

Oh, and of course I forgot the picture.

>What does g use?
My PC

Central heating & also 2x 1080 gpus . They produce some heat.

Only good thing about AMD
>heating

Finnish apartment spotted

District heating. City collects trash, burns it and heats houses.

Getting 3-glass windows soon.

Nice skills

Folding@Home or GTA V

Old fire stove

I usually have a large kettle of water on top of it, to improve efficiency and even out heat dissipation.
Sometimes I actually cook on it too.

For OP and everyone else, remove the thermostat and leave only timer in, thermostat turn its self off when they reach certain temperature, not when the room temperature is certain degree.

This

no shit sherlock, and yes take the thermostat off so if you leave it on itll triple your bills and burn the house down.

Nvidiots at their best... Always

>Easy to move around
>Low power
LMAO, though mine is four times larger.

Did you miss the part where he said to leave the timer?

a lot dont have timers. Also how anyone actually thinks these are energy efficient.
Obviously not the ones paying the bills

Clearly if you're doing a modification with explicit instructions to leave a timer in tact and your unit doesn't even have a timer you shouldn't be doing the modification.

My thermostat doesn't have a timer, it's a basic bitch one like this.

I'm planning on eventually getting a Nest or some other kind of wifi thermostat so that I can turn it on and off without getting out of bed and maybe program it to come on at certain times and then turn itself off after however long.

That literllay makes no sense the mod mentioned was the removal of the thermostat.

Central air because im not a fucking pleb

>tfw live in florida
>tfw it gets chilly af sometimes
>tfw it doesn't stay chilly long enough to warrant buying a heater

most of the time I just stick a few extra blankets under my comforter and then use this bad boy to heat inbetween all the layers and it gets me nice and toasty

You're literllay dumb.

*your, sweaty ;)

> literllay
The irony

>Doesn't make a sound
Except if it's a cheap chink one made of comparatively thin metal. It has low thermal inertia, meaning that it wil heat up relatively quickly but also lose heat quickly once the oil inside cools down, making cracking/popping noises as it does so (the metal stretching and contracting too much too quickly).

>They stay warm for a long time even after you turn them off.

A cheap chink one has thin metal and shit oil inside, meaning that it'll be completely cold in 20-30 minutes after it's powered off. That's also why it needs to reheat constantly even if in lower power setting. Not to mention the popping noises was talking about.

>burns trash
Wtf? Where I live you will be fined for air pollution if you're caught burning trash. Now the city is deploying drones to probe smoke coming out of chimneys, if they detect weird substances you will be fined generously.

It's burned in high heat system and the air that comes out is cleaned.
It's not like someone who's burning their trash out backyard..

GTX 480

It never gets cold in my country
I only have an AC
stay mad heaterfags

Enjoy your dry air and possible allergies

>not using pic related

negros pls

>living in a third world country
the best thing about winter is being comfy as fuck near the fireplace.

Huh, ok. The problem in my area is so-called "low emission" (yea it sound retarded, like "if the emission is low then wtf is the problem"), the thing being that "low" means that the smoke/fumes are released into the air at a relatively low altitude as compared to tall chimneys in industrial plants etc. The air can get sucky in the cold season due to poorfags burning any kind of garbage to generate heat.

>tfw rich in third world country

feels good to have everyone under your feet

>tfw poor in poorfag country

feels good to have life long auto immune disease in already poor country for people that are healthy

should I buy Lasko 755320?

Enjoy being a pussy. Never had issues with either of those. Bet you start sniffling and sneezing anytime you have to go outside.

16kW Nibe heat pump for central heating

which country ?
which disease ?
will you die ?

we have these things called radiators

>deploying drones to probe smoke
What nightmarish dystopia of a country do you live in?

Crohn's disease, won't die, can't go to work tho and can't get gibsbux for disabled people. Average salary here is $300/month, can't even earn that

>tfw no heather

how the fuck does central heating dry out air more than an electric heater?

>"countries such as yurop" - t. obama

>can't go to work tho and can't get gibsbux for disabled people

That doesn't add up though. If you're not employable due to chronic diseases, you should be eligible for state support. What are you supposed to be living off (not to mention there's surely additional expenses related to treatment of the illness).

>The irony
the irony

None because I'm not Japanese

Fucking weeaboo

He said that he lives in a poor country
Maybe it doesn't have state support
Mine doesn't

>2016
>Not using a mining farm full of reference 290x going at maximum power
Pleb.

>the irony
the autism

Toplel, have you ever lived in 3rd world? Nobody gives a fuck about your disability if you're not missing something visible like and arm or a leg

Worst thing is i was pretty ambitious and relatively successful before this fuckup

My PS4

Central heating faggot.

I'm using my aircon but I am torn. I'm sure that I could get a heater that would more efficiently heat my small apartment but I'm not sure it would actually pay itself off this winter. If I have to wait multiple years for it to pay itself off then I may as well wait until the end of winter to buy one when it is on discount.

Central heating

But in Finland we don't have AC. Most of the time we don't need it, only maybe a week combined it gets over 25, and these days suck without AC but what can you do.

Is this a disease related to the bowels/digetive tract? Is it really that bad that you can't work at all? There's work which isn't much more straining physically than posting here.

I have dual xeon build with 4 780 that I still use for gpu computing.

Sometimes I wish I had air conditioning.

Third-wordlers won't understand

Pentium 4 Prescott 3.6 GHz and a 22 inch CRT monitor should do the job, shouldn't it.

I use my AMD powered computer

Electric heaters are used by niggers who live in humid climate.

>falling for the watercooling meme

I don't even have to tell it to change temperature, it does it by itself.

Your English seems to be very good for a third world country. Maybe you can work as a translator from home or something?

if your AC has inverter/heat pump, it is one of the cheapest ways to heat your home

Yummy carbon monoxide

My AMD FX 9590 and Crossfire 390Xs keep me nice and toasty.

Friend still uses a reference gtx 480. Definitely a space heater.

Lol. Looks like a mac pro.

LOL

Fuckin google powered internet of shit

>hurr durr watch this mum
>hurr hurr i call everything a maymay

Would make a radical case

i miss my old comfy pentium space heater now
even i installed a tube on it to re-flow hot air outside the case for refrigeration purposes.
It ended being the best space heater in winter but the worst hell maker in summer holy shit

This thread is full of plebs.
>not using your computers as heaters
Most energy you pump into silicon is released as heat, with the added bonus of doing computation on the side. If your heater doesn't do computation but produces heat, you're wasting a great deal of energy for only a small benefit.

Replace your heaters with data furnaces.

kek holy shit it does.

Honeywell should sue Apple, 'cause I've had this thing since before the Mac Pro came out.

I don't know. It's Japanese.

It has summer and winter modes, so it probably is a heat pump.

A computer costs more than a heater to produce the same amount of power.

Unless I am getting something worth that extra money (which I won't be) then there is no point.
Also you generally have to run at high loads to get the level of power consumption, and heat output, to equal your heaters, or buy more computers running at lower loads, which is more cost that you're not getting anything worthwhile other than heat from.

It just isn't cost effective. Use what you have, for sure, but buying computers/components for heating purposes is just retarded.

My computer is 5 years old, OC'ed to 4.5GHz and doesn't get more than hand-warm 95% of the time while in a 30sqm (300sqft or something in freedom units) room with up to -15C outside in the winter. Doesn't add up

It might be worth it if you use 10+ year old server hardware that you get on eBay for figuratively pennies.
But they will be horribly loud.

This might be a stupid question but how can one heater be more 'efficient' than another when all energy is being converted to heat

Some energy can get converted to kinetic energy, sound and light.
Get one with no moving parts, quiet and the heater element shouldn't glow.
Though, the benefits should be minimal.

I love you. I'm sorry about the bad childhood....hush my child.

Whatever you're burning, you're not burning all of it. Have you ever seen the logs in a campfire just evaporate? Same happens on a lesser degree to oil and gas.

So yeah, the more you burn of it, the more efficient it is.

Also the pipes and insulation help. You want to heat your house, not the air outside of your house after all.

Basically any non-moving heater is pretty much 100% efficient in a practical sense. So when you chose heater, you design, noise level, termostat and other functions is what matters.

An fx-8320 with the stock cooler.