You gotta admit, it's sexy af

You gotta admit, it's sexy af

Literally a polished turd.

too thick. straight to the trash.

The plain 2016 MacBook is.
The new MacBook Pro is not.

I wish they didn't ruin the keyboard

I respect the new macbook and think it is truly amazing.
I am manly enough to say I cannot stomach $1.2K this week to buy it, but I certainly would be moved to save or finance one.

>Increased the price for literally no reason, fucking horrible value proposition
>Keyboard is garbage
>Battery capacity reduced by 25% because of muh thinness, battery life as a result has turned to shit
>Software is buggy as hell

It's garbage. For anyone who has a recent MBP there's literally no reason to buy this piece of shit. And if you're in the market for a new laptop just get a Dell XPS 13 or something. Much better value for the money.

> disgusting keyboard
> muh aluminums
> trackpad you can land a helicopter on

Is this what normies actually want in a computer?

Its exterior isn't bad. But Asus and HP and other companies have all but caught up in terms of build quality for their laptops too.

And those ones don't run a failing OS out of the box either.

The trackpad is so bizarre. Literally no one was asking for a bigger trackpad. A modest increase in size might not have been a big deal, might have even been a bit better. But holy shit what were they thinking here? Almost everyone complains that they've had unintentional mouse clicks because of how huge this thing is.

Hate to be that guy, but what the fuck is Apple doing these days? They're making more and more baffling decisions.

Thanks for the input, pajeet.

>ones don't run a failing OS out of the box either.
You guys,
I am this guy>> From a sysadmin perspective, this to me is a 4K resolution, incredibly light, good battery life, and unix with stable production life for the life of the OS and hardware. Windows has been dropping their support of a vast hardware and literally let their vendors dropship 100x sets of hardware without a damn. I like Windows. I like ASUS, HP, and Dell, but their longterm driver support is shit.

they made the keyboard even worse? wow, that's quite impressive

my emphasis with their OS is long term support of the UNIX-like environment. Windows does include linux, but with their rolling monthly updates how can anyone expect that something they wrote _last week_, will not break on the next security and rolling updates _this week_. Like the change of pace for Enterprise Windows 10 to be the new Windows 10-Pro, and you have to subscribe to use it.

Nah
The Pixel is
>sexy af

This design is what i thought the future would look like when i was a kid in the early 2000's
Metallic, minimalist squares with right angles everywhere

Shame that more phones arent like that

How do I program on that thing?

Looks like cheap chink shit

so does your mom

>t.mactoddler

>Tfw MacOS is easily the best laptop OS but Apple keep pulling dumb shit with the Macbooks just because they can

I'm thinking about just buying a refurbed Macbook Pro from 2015 or 2014 or something

Do it. It's the best option right now and on top of that you'll be saving a lot of money.

Chromeos has programs that you can program in, Vim or install crouton
This guy just posted about that

you can only use social media on it

AHEM

Seems like too much of a hassle. It's a shame because the hardware looks nice. Oh and the price is fucking insane too.

Is that a touchpad or a mouse pad?

Have they fixed chrome on newer mbp's yet or does it still instantly run all the fans up to 100%

These are some really good specs for $829

Thats pretty garbage senpai
1200x800 is only one step above 720p, 4gb of ram is the minimum for a regular user today, a 5400rpm hdd is laughable and if i had to guess what "dual core i5" reffered to, im betting on first or second gen mobile chips

It definitely consumes more battery life than chrome but only when you visit insane js heavy websites will it rev up the fans.

>1280*800 TN display
>5400rpm HDD

I have that one, trust me you don't want that in 2016 anymore (even though I swapped the HDD for a SSD)

>round corners
>spaces with different color between keys
>open curve at the bottom
>huge visible speakers on top
>reflective name below screen
>inside part of top section has grey border instead of being all black
>horrible arrow keys (up and down should be bigger, since they're used a lot more)
>giant trackpad for no reason
>no microphone port
>no HDMI port
>no USB 3.0 port
>no ethernet port
>no SD card slot
It's not aesthetic nor practical, so it's shit.

kek, I mean chrome consumes more battery life than safari.

Eh, I just replaced my 2011 Macbook Pro with a Thinkpad X230 because I wanted something more lightweight and with a beefier CPU but that's also pretty much the only thing it does better than the Macbook. Going to save up to get something better when I upgrade the next time.

The TN display on the Macbook is actually really good for a TN screen. Nothing compared to IPS but it's miles above what I have on my X230.

I'm straight, it isn't sexy for me.

Nah, space gray looks like shit. Plus that comically oversized trackpad is also goofy as hell. Add on top of that horrible device connectivity and this thing is an all around shitbox.
Also, do USB-C flash drives exist yet?

oh wow look at that design... from 2008

pic related: things that are actually sexy

By not being a faggot and installing literally any Linux distro on it.

I dunno man, this shit is future as fuck.

Mac pro user here (force touch)

The new Mac Pro IS sexy, but it has so many usability issues I wouldnt upgrade to it for at least another gen.

USB C only, (just throw in an old port you faggots)
No magsafe charger
Reports of battery issues
Touchbar is useless, and the touchbar model has soldered on SSD

1280 x 800

>$830

oh, ok, is this 2004 now

Kill yourself macfag

now THAT is actually sexy

in return, something just as sexy

There really is no better looking laptop on the market.

But what really makes it for me is the screen. Everyone else cheaps out and puts a 16:9 panel into their laptops. Apple gets respect from me for going out of the way to use custom 16:10 panels.

Also Mac OS doesn't have scaling problems like Windows.

And the trackpad is just fluent without any glitches.

But it really annoys me that it costs 1550€. It should be 1200€ for the non-touchbar model. Also very sad that they removed the SD card slot.

How long do you think will it take for the update to come out and how much will that reduce prices?

i disagree

I was just like you a couple of months ago Sup Forums
I loved the xps 13 and hated mac and osx.
I ordered an xps 13, it was beatiful af, I loved it.
It had some problems though, the trackpad was shit, constant noise coming from it (and I've read countless posts about other people complaining about noises) maybe they've fixed it by now?

anyways, after returning the xps I got a mac. osx is actually pretty great, It can do almost everything I can on linux while still being able to use almost every software I could use on windows, like office pack, photoshop etc. If I want to play games I can just boot into windows which actually works pretty gret in bootcamp.

and osx is sooo smoth, and rock solid, rarely fails.

that thing is actually retarded

u too, wincuck

>huge bezels
>uneven bezels
No thanks.

i am tempted to buy one, but can i wipe win10 off and install my favorite Linux???

not really. id take a clam macbook before that shit.

I did the exact same. I regret nothing except the screen and the touchpad, but in the end I get used to the trackpoint.

Macbook builds are nice and solid, but the OS is not for me. Plus, it's expensive as fuck and puts a hipster label on you I can't deal with anymore.

>IOS-tier keys
DISGUSTING

Are you honestly enjoying Finder coming from Dolphin or Nautilus?

can you post a pic of your xps, liar?

I don't know anything about it's functionality, it's just nice design.

/gd/ job here, give me 1 (one) reason to replace my thinkpad for a mac

the big trackpad is kinda cool, and the darker grey is nice

but there is no way i'd ever use that touch bar

There are pros and cons ye
just told you I returned it but okay

Nigga name 1 (one) pro of Finder vs Nautilus. It's by a big margin the worst file manager I've used. I think OS X is ok, better than Windows in general, but when it comes to filesystems and file managers it's a joke.

Just bought the 2016 xps13. Amazing little thing and none of the issues you said to have had so yeah they probably fixed it.
Didn't go with the top spec since the screen is glossy but 1080p still look amazing on this.

That trackpad is too big.

If you watch a movie or listen to music while xharging, the port doesn't make a high-pitched noise? My 9343 has this.
Also did you do the adaptative brightness test?

It was when I charged it I had problems with mine too. I had the 9350.
The adaptive brightness thing on the xps makes no sense.

I mostly use cli-browser on my mac, actually
have to admit life with finder ain't taht great.

No noises at all. I'm usually charging the thing and I can never hear anything from it. Got the 9360.
It does have the adaptive brightness issue but I hasn't affected my use of it since I don't use it for anything serious. I think there is a patch for it as well.

What the hell! I did the exact same thing just recently. Sold my early 2011 MBP and bought an X230 with 8gigs of ram and a 250gig 850 Evo. Best thing I've done for a while. And actually ended up with 50 eurodollars profit in the process.

it is a patch for the touch-screen model yes
not for the 1080p model

I've already upgraded the RAM and SSD in mine and I'll have to upgrade the panel to IPS and get a new battery if I actually want to be able to use it as a laptop. The X230 is one of the best deals you can get for your money at this point but there's just so many little things that makes the Macbook nicer to use.

Windows sucks to use on a small screen laptop since it doesn't even have virtual desktops and the Macbook has a 16:10 screen instead of 16:9 which should be standard on laptops at this point. I can't be fucked to dual boot Windows and Linux either since I use Adobe programs.

Why do americans tend to sexualize everything, even tech?
Sexy this, sexy that blah blah...
Fucking perverts. This laptop is CUTE, CUTE, not sexy.

>really good specs

waste of digits

>CUTE, not sexy.
that doesn't make sense

cuck

it's about as good as the refurbished thinkpad i got a couple years ago for 10x less money

looks kinda ugly desu

display and bottom part look mismatched,
the huge trackpad looks weird,
and I don't care for that hinge

the keyboard is unusably terrible

haha, I personally find the keyboard fucking amazing
but the machine itself is WAY too slow for my "needs"

oh, lol, it is the new mcp, not the 12" macbook
then nvm, dunno what it is like

after using one.

the screen is 11/10 beautiful, build quality is that you expect from apple.

but

>keyboard has zero travel and uses some weird mechanical butterfly switch
>touch row is fucking aweful
>Track pad is too big
>free bingo for complaining about IO ports.

Nice machine, but its like apple neutered it.

What are your needs ?

That looks like a nightmare to type on.

it's an improvement over the 12" Macbook keyboard which was completely unusable, but I still can't imagine programming on something like this

They're clearly not made for programming or anything else that needs lots of use of the keyboard.

Just look at the big trackpad, it's made to comfortably browse Facebook, nothing else.

trackpad is too big requiring palm rejection and only using USB-C is a mistake

>in return, something just as sexy
You mean the Apple keyboard?

So when do you think the update will come? Half a year? A year?

Maybe if you are a homo

It feels too thin and mushy. I tried one out and it was hard to type without pressing a few buttons more than once because you can't really feel it. It feels like you're not pressing hard enough. They might as well go full Yoga Book and nix the keys altogether, replacing them with a glass surface.

That OLED bar is inexcusable, though. If you want touch input, just give it a touch screen instead of a shitty gimmick bar. A touch display would've been more useful, anyway.

>"af"
kys

+ It's pretty.
: Up-facing speakers
- The absurdly humongous touchpad, which now lacks tap-clicking, forces you to "force click," even though the trackpad is no longer a moving part. They're literally forcing you to imaginary-click, which is going to make dragging items a real bitch that now involves two fingers.
- 4 USB C ports, and literally nothing else
- Faggy meme bar

The bad outweighs the good here.

The OLED bar would be fine if it didn't mean the removal of function keys.

Get the fuck off of Sup Forums, apple.

There's a version of the 2016 MacBook Pro that doesn't have the faggy meme bar. It's an optional part.

Well, yes, but then its purpose would be defeated. Why interact with the display through a tiny window if instead you could interact with the display itself?
Honestly, I think they should've just added a touch screen rather than the bar.

Its not sexy at all.
Its not particularly ugly, but its just completely and utterly unremarkable.
It looks 'whatever'.

>You gotta admit, it's gay af

Fixed that for you

I do most file management that goes beyond renaming or moving a single file in terminal.

Having the beauty of macOS and the possibility to just cp -R ./*.txt /somewhere/else is amazing

>that keyboard
My wrists hurt just looking at it.