fucking VLC can do this
what's wrong with you minimalistfags?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/google/angle#platform-support-via-backing-renderers
wayland.freedesktop.org/extras.html
github.com/gnome-mpv/gnome-mpv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>minimalistfags
You mean cancerous basement-dwelling faggots.

Why do you need borders ? It's free software.

What do you want borders for?

Resizing

On most WM, you can resize and move thanks to some modkey + click. Yes, it needs both hands so you might stop wanking.

kek
What are you on? I know i3 for example can resize with the keyboard.
Why not just fullscreen it?

you can resize it with the mouse even though it doesn't have borders e-diot

Fedora 25 default GNOME

nope

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

yes you can retard

t. mpv user

Yes, you can. At least on Win7.

I use it on fedora 24 with GNOME and it has borders.

Unless someone packaged the f25 version (assuming rpmfusion) with no borders it must be a config on your end.

New desktop thread?

mpv does have borders you seem to be using a WM manager.

Also install bakaplayer or SM player if you want them or add yourself

OP either trolling or doesn't realize alt+hold right click resizes. Or even windows key

everything is default, yes rpmfusion

Turn border=yes on in the config.

Now since the /mpv/ thread isn't up, where do I put shader files on GNU/Linux? In ~/home/.config/mpv?

it depends on the WM

Could you share your wallpaper?

Are you a retard? Change the config if you are to much of a retard to be able to distinct moving images from one another,and moving vs stable images

Don't use mpv, VLC and everything related with Linux or OpenGL.

Please keep using Windows, it's really easy to activate freely and with madVR you can use the full power of your GPU. If your are lazy, just use the LAV Filters Megamix installer with preconfigured presets.

Not if your modifier is a mouse button

The window manager handles if something has a border or not... god damn

Why is Sup Forums so tech illiterate?

>window borders
>a good thing
I don't even use mpv and I know this is the shittiest argument

It's Wayland problem, not mpv. Use opengl-hq, I think it will default to Xwayland.

bingo

Im on win10 and I can resize without holding any key. Just mouseover near the edge and drag

Most likely OP is another retard.

Thank you user!

yes

Opengl > your directx 9 based shit

>Opengl > your directx 9 based shit
Only for freetards, directx performance is still much better.
And it will be for a very long time since vulkan is incredible verbose and messy compared to opengl.

Opengl is also known to be a dumb shit for video playback, look at all the mpv and kodi hacks just to get decent timings or reduce tearing.

XWayland!!! What the fuck is this monstrosity!

The OS X/macOS window manager lets you resize from all edges, yet its windows are borderless

visible borders are pointless dead space, especially windows-style fatass borders

>directx performance is still much better.
Educate yourself first, then post. Opengl performance is better than dx9 unless your gpu drivers have shit opengl support.

>to get decent timings or reduce tearing.
never had any problems, again bllame your gpu drivers or window manager.

Drawing borders is the job of your window manager

No need to post on Sup Forums because your issue got laughed off github, Minexew

>Unless someone packaged the f25 version (assuming rpmfusion) with no borders it must be a config on your end.
The difference is that fedora 25 switched to using wayland by default instead of X, which doesn't support window borders.

This is not an mpv bug, it's a wayland bug.

can confirm, opengl performs better on my win10 pc which is why I use mpv on it.

This is what the dummy mesa devs said to me about mpv...

If you use the default mpv setting, it uses ANGLE, so this is not opengl:
github.com/google/angle#platform-support-via-backing-renderers

MPV would be perfect if they had the OSC under the damn videos like MPC-HC and that it had a volume slider.

Just use one of its shitty frontends: gnome-mpv, mpc-qt, smplayer, ...

I dont use the default settings...

but all other applications work just fine. is this an incompatibility between wayland and mpv?

Did you compile mpv by yourself? It shoud be compiled with --enable-wayland
wayland.freedesktop.org/extras.html

Sempai are you baka or what? Just pick any client-side decorations, that's all what linux about.
github.com/gnome-mpv/gnome-mpv

do you still hear them borders scream Clarice?

mesa is unoptimized shit
mpv works almost perfect with nvidia drivers, I think only problematic option is video-sync=display-resample, other than that it works perfect.

OP here, I just installed it off rpmfusion
Actually thought it was fucked up on purpose at first

I guess i'll try out if I end up keeping fedora

Also package gnome-mpv existst in the deafult repo surprisingly.

>but all other applications work just fine. is this an incompatibility between wayland and mpv?
I guess you could call it that?

The problem is that in the past, drawing borders was the responsibility of the window manager. That way things were consistent.

The wayland people decided they didn't like the status quo and made it so that every program has to draw its own borders instead. Stuff like GTK and Qt apps end up getting this for free because the required code was just added to GTK and Qt, respectively.

Since mpv does not use any windowing toolkit but just opens a raw OpenGL window, it can't draw its own window borders. It works on every single platform (X11, OS X, Windows, etc.) except Wayland, simply because the Wayland devs decided their protocol needs to be “special”.

At the end of the day, the problem is that the GNOME devs decided to make a retarded change to the status quo of how window borders are drawn, while completely neglecting to consider the use cases (or heck, existence) of programs like mpv.

Meanwhile every other OS and window manager does it fine. Even the KDE people can draw window borders for wayland applications that don't provide them on their own, it's just GNOME being a stupid special snowflake here.

>The wayland people decided they didn't like the status quo and made it so that every program has to draw its own borders instead. Stuff like GTK and Qt apps end up getting this for free because the required code was just added to GTK and Qt, respectively.
And yes, this means that in the future, your window borders are going to be very inconsistent because of random applications deciding to do things differently. Forget about stuff like changing the button order or adding your own buttons to do stuff like pinning to top. Forget about stuff like Xfwm's ability to “roll up” windows into the title bar. Expect even more inconsistency between GTK and Qt, and expect every application that uses something else altogether (e.g. something like a game) to behave completely differently and probably also not even have a window border.

And if you make a change to your GTK settings, you better make sure your Qt settings also match, otherwise your window decorations will look and behave inconsistently as well.

It's a real bright future in Red Hat / GNOME's toy land.

Oh, and if you use a tiling window manager, have fun because every program will end up drawing a window border around its window anyway.

I use i3 or Openbox, they use X. I don't care about Wayland and Arch toddlers.

these threads are usually made by pro-proprietary shills who likely never contributed to a github project

do you ever notice how EVERY TIME a significant issue pops up in a high-profile FOSS project, within hours there is a Sup Forums thread with the usual "freetards btfo" rhetoric

tl;dr it's microsoft propaganda

Freetard with brain malfunctions detected.

oh? but you didn't prove me wrong
faggot

Yes, I use xmonad too and I have no intention of moving to wayland.

But some time in the future, we're going to have to bite the bullet, user. Can't stop upgrading forever. Hopefully by that time, wayland will have matured, CSDs will stop being a thing, and the window manager model will have been reintroduced.

You might wanna loosen that tinfoil hat a bit, it's cutting blood flow off your brain.

What movie is that?

silence of the lambs