IRC: #/mbp/ on irc.rizon.net

IRC: #/mbp/ on irc.rizon.net

Other high spec, sleek and beautiful laptops running OSX are also welcome in /mbp
----
If you're looking for purchase advice, man up and just buy it, the specs and build are rock solid you won’t be disappoint Then post, stating budget (can you afford it? yes | no). No need worry about requirements, the MBP will handle them all.

Don't buy anything OTHER THAN 2015 with retina, and 2016 MBP if you want the real MBP experience

Recommended models:
2015 MBP with Retina - 13", normal size
2016 - 13", with touch bar
----
Why MacBook Pro? (also applies to other business laptops)
>Beautiful new machine, no cum and grease on the keyboard.
>Excellent keyboards and touchpad - tactile feel and quiet.
>Great durability: chassis uses a aluminium for structural integrity, and beautiful design
>Perfect design, caters for all use cases.
>Battery life that will last you a full day, no lugging around power bricks
>Docking stations that easily turns your laptop into a desktop. four 4k monitors running off one connection
>Easy to repair, upgrade and maintain thanks to readily apple service agreement and warranty
> No manuals required - full UNIX OS at your disposal
>The best touchpad. Great for those who type a lot or love swiping their fingers all over a touchpad.
>Excellent Windows, GNU/Linux & *BSD support.
----

xsauc buyers guide:
www.apple.com

Helpful links and resources (Wiki, lookup tools and wallpapers):
www.apple.com

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/en-us/HT205749
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

macbook bro reporting in

I wanna eat the shit out of that burger.

I lost my MBP yesterday, someone stole it probably.
Is there any way of finding out where it is? I've tried icloud.com/#find with no luck, seems like I never registered it on there or something.

considering a macbook but
>requires apple account to use
>spies on you
I don't want to pay to have my data and privacy taken away

Literal shill thread
>Buy the 2016 touch bar macbook
It's a complete piece of shit, soldered in SSD, no physical escape key, useless bullshit gimmick bar that even the most loyal of apple cumgobblers on the internet don't like, smaller battery and lower battery life than previous models.
>Why macbook pro?
Reads like bland marketing, and only some of it is true. The touchpad is the best on the market, but the keyboard is only mediocre chicklet garbage, and it got worse with the 2016 models. Screen is always very good, and the feel of the build quality is superb, but >great durability highly depends on the model, the 2013 and 14 MBPs were good, but almost everything else quickly fails that was built after 2010. Thermals are fucking atrocious across ALL models, to the point where it's not only causing throttling and faster component failing, but where it physically hurts to have the thing on your lap if you're doing anything GPU-related.
>Easy to repair and upgrade
Are you fucking kidding me? Not even apple themselves advertises that, you can't do shit by yourself with macbooks, and your recommended model, the 2016 Touchbar MBP has EVERYTHING, even the fucking SSD soldered in. No battery replacement, no RAM replacement, no retrieving your data if the thing dies. All you can do is go to apple and pay a fuckton of money for tasks that you could easily do yourself with any other laptop.

>Excellent Linux support
Utter bullshit, it takes so much fiddling around to get everything working. Synaptics Touchpad drivers are servicable but don't properly detect palms which is absolutely mandatory with a touchpad that large. GPU Switching is an occult method where you have to boot into OSX, manually disable the GPU for the next reboot, and then boot into Linux every fucking time you want it disabled, and reboot when you want it enabled. Firmware can only be updated and properly configured under OSX. Media keys and every other little cutesy gimmick they build into these things never work out of the box, and for some of them you'll never get them working.
Also, good luck using Linux without an Escape key or Function keys on the touch bar macbooks. That alone probably makes them the worst laptops you can buy if you want to run Linux.

2013 XPS 13 reporting in

Is this the new anime thread?

Bump

Man, you gave the worst reasons and worst picks.

Why only 13"?

>macshit

>Requires apple account to use

Citation needed, I'm pretty sure you can skip that.

My 2012 MBP15r is still running strong.

support.apple.com/en-us/HT205749

>Citation needed, I'm pretty sure you can skip that.
It's the same deal as Microsoft's when you install Windows, except Apple doesn't sell your info.

Where do technology illiterate mactoddlers get the false impression that they or their fruity toddler toys are even welcome much less belong on a technology board?

>mactoddler doesn't even know how to create an account without setting up an MS account when installing windoze

How to rice my MacBook air? Mainly looking for a grid-like snapping feature for Windows. I used i3 in arch. I found Divvy. Similar? Anything better or free-er?

Would also like to change the color of the title bars and top menu bar. Options to change fonts or widgets or something. Would enjoy a way to change the look at the dock to a flat theme as well.

Considering putting budget aside for the rMBP but this is my first Mac experience it'll have to do.

Where do technology illiterate mactoddlers get the false impression that they or their fruity toddler toys are even welcome much less belong on a technology board?

>I had the money to build one single computer after accumulating knowledge on PC's from YouTube videos and suddenly am considered literate.

Please shut up. You're on a consumer technology board Ina MacBook pro oriented thread.