Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?

Which one was better?
Which one was worse?
Which one does user use?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.softpedia.com/news/windows-10-update-breaking-down-internet-connection-for-some-users-510868.shtml
googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2016/11/breaking-chain.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

7 sp2

news.softpedia.com/news/windows-10-update-breaking-down-internet-connection-for-some-users-510868.shtml

I have several computers with different OS on them. I had bought a windows 8.1 when it came out and was shocked at ho much it sucked. I later upgraded it to win10 which is GREAT for the most part. One night I reinstalled win8.1 to see if it was bad as I thought. Win 8 was worse than I remembered!

windows vista by a long shot. I hate how win7+ taskbar only shows the app icons.

>Which one was better?
>Which one was worse?
>Which one does user use?

Windows 10 feels laggy and infested with annoying stability issues. It has a better UWP window management and better start menu though. On windows 8.1 a UWP app will suspend as soon it looses focus. This is annoying for netflix etc.

>trading a minor taskbar thing for a shit OS with issues everywhere

Windows 10

xD nice meme

OP here
I have an i5-6200U, 8GB RAM, a 950M and Edge still fucks up and I've gotten a blue screen recently.

you know thats not a vista only feature right

I know.

idk why people hate vista so much, it was too ambitious and graphically ahead, giving it a shit start but final release was solid. I also consider it the greatest 'leap' in windows since XP

win XI will be great though, a leap akin to vista

Both of them are crap. You know how microsoft started? Some time ago a little guy who came out of a bank family says, hey me and the guys created this os...making the story short... These banking people all invested money into software to support the os. So the monopoly came to power and no one did shit. And they have killed tons of competitors. Biggest mistake Americs has done was for everyone to put their faith in that crap and the people behind it. They are the worst.

windows 10 is okay-ish nowdays... doesnt give problems like before

If you're not white you shouldnt even be using microsoft. You know what these very same people used to do to blacks in the us? They used to put them under a hot plate. If you were a smart black person that would compete with their industry they would catch you by yourself and put u under the hot plate. Which is basically a remote lobotomy.

This is why I hate getting updates forced down my throat. That and having "Windows Installer Modules Worker" run in the background eating up a third of my CPU for an indefinite period of time after rebooting for an update. Fucking hell I hate not having control over my own computer.

>w8.1 takes 15 seconds to start up

I use Windows 10 and it is infinitely better than 8[.1].

They are both shit. Windows XP master race.

Windows 10 LTSB N 2015 Build. Don't bother with anything else.

Agreed. The 2016 LTSB and Server 2016 is trash.

Windows 8.1 Pro is actually better than Windows 10. And less spyware.

I prefer 10, it actually has security enhancements, like letting applications request that they be limited to certain syscalls so if they are infected they cannot do as much damage. googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2016/11/breaking-chain.html

>only available on Anniversary edition
2015 LTSB left out eh

Windows 10 is better, just stop memeing with the freetard paranoia.

There is literally no difference between 7, 8.1 and 10.

8 is pretty fucking awful, 7 was okay. I don't think I'll update to 10 until 11 comes out.

OP was talking about 8.1 not 8. And windows 8.1 wasn't awful.

tfw you realize that windows 10 will be the last numbered windows OS. Everything after is going to be released under the guise of WaS (Windows as a Service) with a version number.

Hate to break it to you but we're already on 12 or 13. 10 is the last numbered release.

Both have TWO control panels. Both are shit.

>windows 7 is not genuine error

fug

Are you so dumb you can't revert to icons with text via a simple setting?

I'd say 7, but since the choice is limited I say 8.1. At least it's not perennial alpha quality software with bugs appearing left and right.

Windows 10. There's absolutely no logical reason to use Windows 8.1. Windows 10 is everything that 8.1 is, but with a lot more bonuses and quality. It's a hybrid of Windows 7 and Windows 8. If you have Windows 8.1 you might as well go to Windows 10. That's what everyone does.

If, however, we're talking about Windows 7 or Windows 10 then that might difficult to say.

What I would suggest you do is install Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB. It's day and night different from Windows 10 and it's light years ahead of Windows 7. It's essentially Windows 7's good parts, but with better features. Windows 7 is showing its age and it'll be time to move on eventually. Windows 8.1 is just Windows 10, but worse.

I absolutely love it. Never going back. I used Professional before the anniversary update and it was alright, but it did make me go back to Windows 7 Ultimate. However, Professional WITH the anniversary update is MUCH better. Then, someone put me onto Enterprise and said I should try it. It's about as pure of a Windows 7 experience as you can get, but with 2016 features. It's 7 years newer or 5 depending on if you count the Service Pack update. It's worth it for the Local Group Policy Editor alone. I deleted OneDrive and Windows Defender. Not disabled as in it just sits there, but doesn't scan. It's off. And it'll stay off because antivirus software is a scam by the Jewish.

Furthermore, make SURE it's 2016, not 2015 as I believe that doesn't include the anniversary update. And that it's NOT the Enterprise Evaluation version. They're two different operating systems. LTSB removes Windows store and the Windows apps. They're awful anyways and take up resources. Plus it's more stable. Go with the standard version if you want them, however.

Telling you, it's as pure of a Windows 7 experience as you can get, but much better. I suggest anyone give it a try. You'll love it.

I honestly felt the same way, until an update took the liberty of restarting my PC in the middle of a 40 GB download I left up overnight.

The lack of control over updates left me bitter enough to downgrade back to 7

I would argue that the 2015 LTSB is more stable than the 2016 LTSB/Server 2016, albeit being the older non anniversary update one. I prefer the 2016 UI but it have some very fundamental and jarring problems.

>t. Pajeet

>t. Dumbass

>t. Winshill

There is no legal way for an end consumer to get it. Personally I just run a kvm host and use ubanto for web browsing. Then I got a win 10 vm with gpu passthrough for gaymen and netflix.

>Which one was better?
7 > 8.1 > LTSB 2015 > LTSB 2016

>Which one was worse?
Reverse the above

Windows 7

>It's about as pure of a Windows 7
No. Never. Ever.

>Which one was better?
>Which one was worse?

Kys yourself and RIP in peace, retard