Why is there no orthodox file manager with proxy functionality?

Why is there no orthodox file manager with proxy functionality?

You connect to two servers and when you copy files, the connection is formed between the servers directly. The client just acts as a remote control.

Like FXP, but over SSH instead of FTP.

Other urls found in this thread:

winscp.net/
portableapps.com/apps/internet/winscp_portable
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You are probably just too retarded to use ssh.

ssh into remote server
scp from that server to another server

Your post us strange and that makes it difficult to understand. If you were to avoid using the word "orthodox" and then retype your question, what would you say?

Emacs Dired.

sshfs?

He means like norton and midnight commander

Maybe it's because these file-managers aren't intended to be anything but MEMES.

Ever consider the lack of functionality to be an indicator of that fact?

Guess not because you are a permavirgin neckbeard who has never been hugged by anyone including his mother, whom he receives hotpockets and tendies from.

TLDR gomb

scp

>Copies between two remote hosts are also permitted.

lrn2rsync

It is truly sad, that in the 80s, we have Norton Commander and it was simpler and easier to use than any of their analogues in Linux

I think OP already have an operating system.

I think you misunderstood him. His pic-related file manager CAN do that. He's asking why "orthodox' or rather "normal" or "graphical" file managers never have this feature.

DADDY EMACS

Cross-mount the two servers with sshfs, use overlayfs to merge the file systems, done.

/thread

Nautilus supports webdav, and I think even SFTP.

pic related

>FXP,

-3 Copies between two remote hosts are transferred through the local host. Without this option the data is copied directly between the two remote hosts. Note that this
option disables the progress meter.

You mean, like WinSCP?
winscp.net/
portableapps.com/apps/internet/winscp_portable

Can probably do it in filezilla.

it is right before your eyes, its not MC's fault you're not seeing it