S340 Elite Cooling Dilemma

Help me figure out the ideal cooling configuration for this case, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YCZ5iP5cu8g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've got a Kraken X61 slapped onto the front (because it won't go anywhere else) and I haven't yet picked out a GPU. I'll be using a 1070, and the CPU is a 6600k.

Seeing as the X61 is ultimately going to dump warm air into the case, it seems logical to go with a blower style rather than risk further heating up and re-circulating more warm air. Or am I mistaken? Can Sup Forums come up with a better solution?

As I understand it, the most ideal situation would be to use an air cooler on the CPU. With fans on the front to pull in cool air, the air cooler and exhaust fans will handily push out the air. Even then, perhaps a blower style would still be the most ideal. I'm not concerned about noise, as I play with headphones as it is.

Less autism should help.

If you have a 1070 that isn't reference it doesn't really matter, don't get too frustrated and confused with this, your stuff will be fine

I'm more concerned with thermal throttling. Are you saying I shouldn't be concerned about it? I'm bringing in warm air, pulling it through a hot GPU, and dumping that back into the case. I would think that might present some problems.

Also, I eventually want to upgrade to an SLI configuration, and so heat will be even more problematic down the line. If you really think I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, I'd love to be convinced, but I'm having a hard time overlooking the potential problems down the line.

Maybe get a non-meme case? With a fan slot at the bottom that could be another intake?

I already have it. It's not a lemon, I'm just trying to optimize what I have.

Well, what you have in your picture is negative air pressure, unless your front intakes are high RPM, because you forgot to draw the exhaust for the video card.

It's not really optimal.

... also VRM and memory heat sinks rely on air circulation, so them not getting anything will be troublesome. You need to make the back fan an intake.

I didn't draw the exhaust for the GPU because I'm debating blower vs. open-air. I think a blower would mitigate my internal heating significantly, but I suppose I'm trying to find out if someone can argue a better suggestion than that route.

The case fan layout on this case is really garbage, you really only can pick the least shitty solution, not a good one. You're missing a top fan for a good solution.

We're debating semantics now? Come on, man. I realize this is Sup Forums, but could you be any more of a miserable stereotype? Is -every- post on Sup Forums just another opportunity to flex the sarcastic muscle in user's brain?

Think of it like a challenge. You're presented with only an S340 Elite, two 120mm fans, and an X61. How do you optimize your airflow in that limited environment?

I'm out. I don't need this attitude from someone asking for help. You picked a shitty case, deal with the consequences. Enjoy memeing with your NZXT. Bye!

Get rid of the water cooler and get an i7 with the money you saved. Get a coolermaster 212 evo in the meantime, or splurge a bit more on one of the many Noctua heatsinks.

2 intake fans in the front and one exhaust fan so you keep the dust down with positive pressure.

Right. So you're comfortable being a sarcastic ass yourself while hiding behind a thin shield of altruism, but you can't take it when someone calls you out on it. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings, but something tells me you have more surplus sass to offer than actual help. Good riddance.

I'm kind of limited to these options right now. I realize that the ideal would be an air cooler on the CPU with two fans as intake on the front, but that isn't an option at the moment. Furthermore, I already have the 6600k and all the other components, I'm just trying to decide on how to best polish this turd.

> Gets mad at someone offerring him honest, practical advice
> Helping helpless little ol' me will be fun! Think of it as a CHALLENGE!
Unbelievable. Fuck off.

> "honest, practical advice"

Right. That's what happened. That's what that was. Okay.

Leave the top empty. Let it act as a neutral vent.

So I'm understanding that the x61 can only be mounted in the "intake" position? Why is that? Why can't it be mounted to exhaust out the front? What are your temps now?

It can be made exhaust, but then that's just trading one problem for another - instead of running hot air into the case for my GPU and other components, I'm pushing warm air in the case over the rad and pushing it out.

My situation is kinda fucked because I've had to RMA more than a few items so far. I'm not starting with any temps right now. I'm deciding on my GPU, and before I pick it out, I want to decide on how best to mitigate the possibility of thermal throttling. Throttling is the primary reason I even started investigating this.

I've thought about it for a minute now. I would be tempted to just make all the vents as intake and just dump as much air as possible into it. Positive pressure meme. Or just get a wc 1070 since you already have a wc cpu. What have you rma'd and why? kitguru reviewed this exact setup pic related. It's a 390, so they run hot anyway, you would have to see if that number is average for a 390 elsewhere, I suppose. Is your cpu already hot or something? What's it running at? Water cooling is such a meme.

fuck me

Not going to get a WC card, that would look awful. Honestly, I realize now that I should have gotten an air cooler for the CPU, and I will eventually, but I'm going to do the best I can with what I have now. Very interesting suggestion, making everything an intake. I'll look more into that, but that's the most unique suggestion I've heard yet.

Honestly, you are just going have to try each method yourself and live with the best results. You might be worried about nothing in the end. Just get a normal clocked 1070 not some OC version and it will be fine I bet.

I'm looking at the EVGA 1070 FTW DT right now. I don't necessarily plan on running it on OC right away, but I do want to OC my card eventually. Perhaps when I get a better cooling solution. And yes, I hope I'm just worrying about nothing, but better safe than sorry.

net positive pressure to keep dust out

everything else is irrelevant.

youtube.com/watch?v=YCZ5iP5cu8g