AMD R9 Fury (non-x)

>AMD R9 Fury (non-x)
How come nobody ever talks about this GPU?

because it's shit

>Fury

ITT: Depreciated hardware

Because it's shit.

Because it's an embarrassment for nvidia.

>even in australia it's only about 400 kangaroos

Given there's not a lot of these cards left on the market, they're sold at around the price of an RX 480. I'll probably buy one myself unless they announce something on the 13th.

4 GiB for a highend card was a meme even HBM

I don't know... I mean its holding up pretty well due to HBM, the Sapphire ""OC"" version its actually on sale where I live same price as Nitro/MSI RX480

I love that card, runs cool and quiet. Strix version also uses like 30watts less power

Because there was the Fury X and Fury Nano, OP.

because it's slower than an OCed 1060, limited to 4gib vram and costs >$100 more unless you fish for shady deals for used/abused cards on ebay

It gets mentioned a fair bit because it went on sale pretty much constantly after september.

>bought Saphhire Fury Nitro for 1080p futureproofing
>worth the 300€ I paid for it, even more so when I consider the good price I got for my old 290

>costs >$100 more unless you fish for shady deals for used/abused cards on ebay

>4GB
>meme
>when competitor was 3GB and previous gen 2GB and 3GB

Also it's GB, not GiB. The Fury has 4096MB of memory, not 4000MB.

Because everyone that ever owned one died in the house fire.

>comparing the most expensive 1060s to some out of stock sale priced fury

wow pajeet, you've really fired my neurons, looks like i can only buy amd's poorly engineered gcn rehashes now

4GB is 4000MB not 4096MB which is 4GiB you fucking moron. If you try to correct someone to try to look smart, at least make sure you are right.

>out of stock

Where's the supposed $100 price difference?

>75° C
>housefire XD

>when competitor was 3GB
?

The fury is a defective card. Just google fury screen distortion

rma it and get a new one.

Because it's not the greatest for muh gaems, even though at it's current prices it beats every offering out there in value
People who aren't Sup Forums don't talk about it to avoid price hikes
>not waiting until Vega and then RMA'ing it to get a brand new card
I bet you don't even jew

That's fucking insanely high. You know that those tests are usually done on a test rig that either doesn't even have a case or has a cooling that costs more than your average computer on Sup Forums right? If a reviewer says 70 under load in reality you can expect anything from 5 to 10 degrees higher unless you have really dedicated gaming rig with proper case and expensive fans or water cooling. Nvidia gets anything between 60 to 65 under load - in reality runs at 69-70. This shit has to thermal throttle itself into oblivion.

>GPU thermal throttling at 75 C
>75 C is "insanely high"

You have to be 18 to post here.

>That's fucking insanely high
You have the 980Ti right there for reference, which is a comparable card, being 10+ degrees hotter
>You know that those tests are usually done on a test rig that either doesn't even have a case
You know this has a much worse airflow than a case, right?
>or has a cooling that costs more than your average computer on Sup Forums right?
Anandtech has it's test conditions described in their articles, and they don't do any of that, the cards are reference
>If a reviewer says 70 under load in reality you can expect anything from 5 to 10 degrees higher unless you have really dedicated gaming rig with proper case and expensive fans or water cooling
Aside from the fact that they use pretty common cases, they never modify the cards with water cooling, no reviewer does this
>Nvidia gets anything between 60 to 65 under load - in reality runs at 69-70.
You got Nvidia doing 85 right there
>This shit has to thermal throttle itself into oblivion.
You won't run into thermal throttling in modern cards until you hit 95+

Also, this is a TOTL card, with excellent cooling ootb, it was launched at near Titan prices
gb2/v/ and your shitty Youtube reviews

>75°
>insanely high

I'm cruising on 92° C on my 380x over here. you know nothing.

RMA it? There's people on AMD forums and many other hardware support forums who have RMA'd the same card at least 3 times. There's one poor sucker on AMD support forums that has RMA'd his freesync monitor three times, bought 5 different cables, bought a UPS, swapped all his components out for new ones from the store and RMA'd 17 Fury's and it still has the screen distortion issue.

THE FURY CARDS ARE DEFECTIVE THAT IS WHY THEYRE SO CHEAP. THEY ARE SHIT. THEY ARE DEFECTIVE. DO NOT FOOL FOR IT.

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

works on my machine

Got a Nano about 6 months ago in a sale for my mITX build, no real complaints aside from it can't manage 60fps 3440x1440 on most recent things without some tweaking of settings and the 4GB VRAM limits max'ing textures in DOOM 2016 and GTA V mods. Holds ~72C at load with a slight undervolt and a 2000rpm Noctua feeding it, breddy gud for the performance vs. form factor

I've got the sapphire one with the reference PCB.}

Can't recommend because of the horrible coil whine. Maybe the ASUS one is better...

rmad 17 furys

people dont even try to sound sane here anymore

I'm not having this issue

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>Also it's GB, not GiB. The Fury has 4096MB of memory, not 4000MB.
Bwahaha you're an idiot.

works in my machine

>RMA'd 17 Fury's

throwing in the fishing pole

I like the massive cooler that's bigger than the PCB itself, it really benefits from good airflow in the case due to the completely exposed portion with no backplate.

>bump case fans from low to high with the GPU fans at 0 RPM
>3° C temperature drop

Fury is popular for Ayy Lmao search apparently

it may be over 100 dollars less than the 1070, but it would probably more than make up that price in your electric bill. the card also runs hotter, and takes up a lot of space.

The average cost for a KWh is 13 cents in the US, user. You'd have to let your system run under maximum load for months to come close to making that up. The power bill really is my favourite Nvidia meme on a board where people don't even shut off their computers at night.

>the card also runs hotter

???

Nice work pajeet

hes from india, he has to burn petrol for power, like most nvidia shills