It seems I have neglected to install HTTPS everywhere on this laptop...

It seems I have neglected to install HTTPS everywhere on this laptop, and Comcast is somehow able to inject Javascript into HTML to let me know they want me to get new equipment from them.

But at least the Javascript is free.

Wow why do we hate Comcast again? They're FOSS lovers just like us!

That's nice, retard.

This is bizarre.

Isn't that a violation of the CFAA or something

Err... technically they're not unauthorized gaining access to a protected machine. They're intercepting packets that are traveling through their wires, and adding them in. Since it's their infrastructure, they can do whatever they want with it. Had I not forgotten to use HTTPS everywhere, I would be receiving encrypted HTML from Sup Forums, and they would not be able to modify the contents.

Oh, so it's fine if they inject shit into your web pages as long as they don't use non-free Javascript to do it?

>freetard logic

Just end your life, you sad, insufferable shit.

No, you fucking retard.

No it isn't, dumbshit.

Yes it is. It's like the post office trying to send you information by writing it on your letters.

You might prefer closed source, dumbass ?

Why the fuck would I need to modify the source code for an ISP notice anyway you retarded cunt????

You can stick it all over your web pages and piss users so much they'll get angry against Comcast without violating the licence :^)

Either they based the notice off of code under the GPL or someone on the team pushed for it.

>write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA

has literally anybody ever requested a copy of the GPL via snail mail?

Freetards, probably.

So upgrade then.

This is such a fucking weird concept
How long until they start injecting ads into their JS?

It's like they want to train their customers to believe scam mail. What the fuck is wrong with email notifications or letters?

>amerifats just quietly take this kind of shit

No wonder Alex Jones is freaking out about FEMA camps. If a government official told you you were being temporarily relocated for your safety 60% of Americans would go. The other 40% wouldn't be able to get through the door.

>Using a Comcast device