/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Celebrating the /lit/ life and times of Brandon Sanderson edition
>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentinvitez.com/showthread.php?28735-RetroWith-RW-Games-Review-2015
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what a hook-ass op

>check files with accurip
>comes back with results

what Tracker for epic gaming on my computer

PREVIOUS BREAD

GGn and UGC and PleasureDome and R**********
GGn is shutting down soon so definitely get on it while you can

I have found evidence of a rootkit commonly used by British law enforcement on at least two feral servers

PTH is best

that's nice, sweetie

I have more than you.

>RedDunce
Okay then

Reported

post proof in feral irc

>tfw downloading random shit because trackers require a certain number of snatches to rank up

It's surprising how, over the last few weeks, the What.cd evens have caused /ptg/ to split rather strongly into two opposing factions, both polarised on almost every stance of the matter.
One of these groups are the rational, level headed users who probably contribute a great deal of torrents to their respective trackers and always do their part to ensure their tracker (and tracker economy, as they actually understand how such an intricate balance is properly kept, and every factor that comes into play) is as functional and healthy as possible.
And on the other side, you have complete and utter curry, the dregs who joined the wrong website and now lament the fact they don't know how to get into the other, despite both major players having given plenty of invites to their userbases now. It will be a sad day for these people when their site inevitably falls apart from the faults of both it's own inept staff, and the selfishness of most of their users.

>R**********
torrentinvitez.com/showthread.php?28735-RetroWith-RW-Games-Review-2015

>do you like to pirate movies?
>are you worried about the immediate longevity of your favourite site?
>reminder to:
- USE KG BUFFER
- RECORD PROOF OF MEMBERSHIP

//once per thread, do not say we did not warn you

>And on the other side, you have complete and utter curry, the dregs who joined the wrong website
yeah fucking pthfags man when will they learn

Oh I forgot there's actually a third party: Danny

Z uses ’ as his apostrophes, which is U+2019 : RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK {single comma quotation mark}
and not the normal ' which is U+0027 : APOSTROPHE {APL quote}

some hook ass keyboard g

>R*
DELET

Autism

osx graphical client

only terminals with messed up utf-8 support get this wrong
gg

Anyone got recs for anime/tv/movies/whatever? Currently watching Mushishi and it's one of the most unique anime I've seen. Gonna need recs to fill the void after I finish the series. I'll snatch your shitty uploads too if they look interesting to me.

goddamn you guys really care about my apostrophes. '''''''''''

Well I'm clueless as to how to fix
The character renders fine in my actual terminal when I cat #apollo.log but displays improperly in irssi, which I don't know why it would because [lookandfeel]
term_charset = utf-8 so it should display UTF-8 properly

J-JUST EAT SHIT!!

yeah. Any chance you're on redhat or something? they seem to get this wrong but I haven't been able to figure out why.

are you memeing about GGn shutting down?

if it really is how would i go about downloading the rare and exclusive games from there to save and archive for the future?

maho mushi

no

Debian Jessie but an old linux kernal

>kernal
Yo g what the shizzle my nigga

bleh. I hate this... stuff. debian jessie huh.. Works fine over here.
if you're the same as the last thread you also have all of your system wide environment set right. I'm telling you these things are like black magic.
problem is that it has to be fixed through the whole stack. system wide level, graphical environment, terminal, screen, irssi. all need to be utf-8 and EVEN THEN there can be a little bugger somewhere to keep it from working..

maybe you're using a stupid font

recode = ON
recode_autodetect_utf8 = ON
recode_fallback = ISO-8859-15
recode_out_default_charset = ISO-8859-15
recode_transliterate = ON might be fucking me?
;^)

Nah they're closing on January 31st
PM me on reddit if you need an invite to UGC

hrm. /set recode off and then /redraw :3

Signing your posts is a bannable offense g

DejaVu Sans Mono which has support for his ’
no bueno

EAT SHIT

recode = ON
recode_autodetect_utf8 = ON
recode_fallback = CP1252
recode_out_default_charset =
recode_transliterate = ON

rude

Stop posting hoanns

Doesn't seem to have worked through redraw unfortunately

Are you blind? I told you to stop posting

i have both m8 but thanks.

more worried about the irreplaceable gaming library.

how do i start archiving rare shit? what platforms and games need to be rescued?

lol fuck you
we're hijacking this thread

Stop posting

>hoanns

my term_charset is UTF-8 in upper case. lol it's like looking under the carpet for a missing computer or something

lol nice one g but stop posting ok?

Reminder that IPT is literal heaven for /normies/ who can't play the ptg game

Looks like we're getting somewhere; his ' luckily don't look like boxes anymore but they've simply disappeared entirely as a nonspaced char

EAT SHIT

Don't sully Brandon Sanderson with your fucking retarded thread.

>tripfag calling something retarded
is it your life's goal to be ironic?

yay :)

pic

whatcha gonna do about it bitch nigga

Its as if the Cabal is irrelevant or something

Proof?

>We have decided to ban collages and forum posts centered around the maximizing of file size freeleech token downloads and buffer trading. We feel this goes against the spirit of freeleech tokens: the pursuit of your own musical interests and exploration. Users should not feel they have to strategize the best possible use for tokens, or put off using them and possibly forget about them until it's too late. The best strategy is to use them soon for something you want to listen to.
>downloading things you want to listen to

YOU TRYNA START SUMFIN CUZ!!

But Sanderson is my god.

A bit late to the party, but what's the replacement for what.cd? I need my flac fix now.

what's going to happen on apolo when FL is over?

Pedro's or Exigo

PassTheCuckolds or

Apooloo

>tfw 2 pth invites and no friends to give them to

Should we start using IPT as our main?

Invites?

I'll take one. :P

whatever g just don't come crying wolf when it closes and you have nowhere to download roms from

thepiratebay.se

>notice i only have the english versions of kraftwerk, not the german versions
>der katalogue is just under 2GB in flac

feels good mang
23 more to go

nigga read the fuckin thread

I used to get the occasional PC app from What. Where's the best option now?

Sent ;^)

Stop posting

:(

lmao staff trying hard as they might to prevent any kinds of activities in their dead trackers

make me ;^)

general trackers like gft, scc, tsh, tl, alpharatio, bigboyz, maybe apooloo too

also I had to snatch something from TPB recently that wasn't anywhere else

nah g we good cuz

I will trade a IPT invite for anyones PTH invite

EAT SHIT

But okay to sum up. The default configuration (which actually works) is the ones I posted..
So this should make sure irssi is not the problem. Good luck finding out the rest..
Also, god damn I'm tired of google data mining me

excuse me? everyone got like 2
its not like theyre rare

>not linking the previous thread

read teh thread

nigga don't post this hook ass shit no mo

Not even shilling since i'm on both but any if you guys feel like there's a little bit of hostility towards users from staff on PTH? I felt like they seem to think all of their users are scum that they need to micromanage into civility...i don't know how to express this but there's just an air of smugness from staff that i didn't get on apoo

>not linking it so you can surf back 2 threads with ease

Ay g word

what the hell? no one cares ?

>not using the archives which would be easier

xanax staff identified

you don't need to shill for X*X any more, user. /ptg/ is already eating the curry.

I fresh installed irssi about a month back and haven't diddled with the recode shit so I don't know why ours would be any different

It might be screen which is causing the issue, I tried -U -r on resume to force UTF8 but I assume it'll only function on a new screen session, which means reconnecting to IRC, which I'm unhappy about

Just make it right next time pajeet

yes thats why its dying and people want to see it burn