/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Post your stupid questions here.

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/blob/v1.6.238.16010/README.md
stackoverflow.com/questions/5770271/how-to-get-and-or-overwrite-the-minimum-size-of-windows-in-mac-osx
github.com/Cephel/Sup
docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/Integer.html#parseInt(java.lang.String)
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/319827
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is this a real board?

Can Sup Forums be saved?

Do you guys know how to set up a simple hold-down autoclicker? I wanna use the Kek-9 in CS:GO but I can't click fast enough because I'm Canadian and its consistently -30 Celcius (-22F for you Amerifats), and my hands are ice blocks.

Anyways thank you have an image.

Also, my mouse is a Mionix Avior 7000 and I'd love to bind it to one of the extra mouse buttons on the sides. Just something simple.

I have a fat PS3 that doesn't read any discs. The little clock-wheel is spinning but nothing happens. I already restored the file system twice and factory reseted the console but still without success. Is there anything else I could try before resorting to try changing the laser lens?

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

Thinking of buying 2 of pic related. I currently have a 32" 1440p monitor as my main display and am looking to add 2 monitors above it. One oriented sideways like normal for watching a movie or streaming netflix while gaming. The other situated vertically for browsing the web.

anyone have this monitor? Or Acer monitor in general? How are they. I have no intention of gaming on these 2 monitors.

Oh

How to convert html web page into a mobile app?

found the gold nova 2

t. russian

plz respnd

>bind click to mousewheel

Gas yourself, shit for brains.

hey you know what that's actually h*ckin smart thanks pal

I want to buy an rx 480 8gb. My question is if I wait, when are the new AMD and NVIDIA cards comming out?

not soon enough to matter. Don't play the waiting game. Is the RX480 going to meet your needs NOW? Buy it.

Ill just be playing at 1080p

What's the daily write limit for a HDD?

the RX480 is basically a lower power R9-390 really. The 390 was getting outperformed at 1080p by most mid range Nvidia cards.

Does your monitor have Freesync? Do you play a lot of games that use DX12? If not buy a gtx 1060 6GB. The 480 is a better long term investment in regards to DX12 implementation in later games, but for the hear and now, the 1060 performs very well at 1080p.
limit? You mean theoretical? Assuming an HDD doesn't have its read or write head fail, or its control board die, a mech disc can go for years. I had a Seagate 1TB disk only just recently fail me after almost 90TB of use over the course of 4 years. It was also refurbed when I bought it too.

I wanna replace my Galaxy S4 Active's battery, but all the Anker ones are S4 and say [not for S4 Active]
However, I used my friend's normal S4 battery in my S4A and it worked fine (albeit used for a few minutes). Should I get an Anker or one of those "OEM S4 Active batteries" that don't look all to legit?

I dont have a freesync monitor but im thinking of getting one because my current one is a tv. I dont play alot of games that use dx12 because most games dont use them. I was thinking of geting the rx 480 8gb instead of the gtx 1060 6gb because of more vram and more cheaper

How do you get your dualshock 4 to work on your pc?

I thought you could just plug it in and play these days, but mine won't work.

github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/blob/v1.6.238.16010/README.md
ScpToolkit, it's a driver + an Xinput wrapper.

AMD freesync + RX 480 would definitely be a cheaper combo than 1060 and G-sync. Dell makes a 60hz Freesync 1080p 24' monitor for $150 now.

But yea like I said. 480 will outperform the 1060 at really anything above 1080p. 1440p and up is when the AMD cards start to shine. That and also like I said, longevity.
The RX480 will age way better than the 1060 in regards to performance over time. Case in point, my buddy's radeon 7970 he bought at launch was still kicking ass until a few weeks ago. Only replaced it because the fan went on it and any after market cooler worth using was $60 minimum.

Why can't I make the preview window for images any smaller? Margins are pretty disgusting. Did a few searched but only came up with solutions for cropping and changing the image itself. Tried playing with the zoom and resize functions but just can't seem to make the window fit the image.

This help at all?
stackoverflow.com/questions/5770271/how-to-get-and-or-overwrite-the-minimum-size-of-windows-in-mac-osx

>stackoverflow.com/questions/5770271/how-to-get-and-or-overwrite-the-minimum-size-of-windows-in-mac-osx

unfortunately not. Apart from a few comments discussing potential issues of resizing window, the only answer there clearly states that minimum window sizes are blocked in the interface builder part of MacOS.

My next question, or at least concern, is that I occasionally see people in desktop threads with MacOS. They have really clean fully riced setups. I wish I knew where to even start. I did some ricing in arch but that's because with arch you basically have to build it from the ground up. It's more complicated when I'm trying to tear down what's already installed.

Is there a way to chat that's encrypted and self-destructs after the chat ends?

I mean obviously someone can screenshot, but for the most part no info exists after the chat on the client or server ends.

/r/ing the vintage image of a korean 1440p panel with the reflective glossy coating reflecting the neckbeard's face and an ultra shiny power LED

how do I overclock my gpu without being a retard and bricking it?

android emulator + no log vpn + snapchat.

Just overclocked cpu for the first time. Checked CPU-Z to see if everything is where it should be and I saw my multiplier has two multipliers? 16-44. Any way to turn this off so I get a static multiplier? Im using Asrock Extreme4 and 3570k

My dad is looking for a streaming box, is a Roku a good choice? I was also looking at one of the Intel stick computers, are they any good? Also recommend me any other streaming boxes you know about, as long as its pretty user friendly.

Is it preferable to enable or disable ITC processing on my TV? I am assuming disabling is better because my GPU is more expensive than my TV and can probably do a better job of scaling things, but not sure if I am making a mistake here.

Just got a new ssd. I've been working off a single 500GB HDD for years, and everything's on there. I want to move my OS and important stuff to my SSD but I can't just migrate everything and move it back over as I need to since the storage used on my current HDD is like 300gb~ and my ssd is 128. How to fix?

So for some reason the English spec sheet for my TV model does not list the native bit depth, but I managed to track down the German one, which listed it as 10-bit. Is it safe to assume that the US model of the TV will have the same bit depth?

How come I never discovered nircmd until now?

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it to set up a blog om Wordpress.org over Wordpress.com.

For .org:
>needing hosting space
use bluehost
>need to deal with own security and speed
cloudflare
>need own domain
Get one from a registrar

Is there any other major maintenance con of wordpress.org that I need to mitigate for? I want to run a blog but with much greater customisation than .com while keeping maintenance and coding knowledge requirement as low as possible.

What's the deal if my traffic gets high, does it get very expensive to host high traffic on a wordpress.org and where does that cost come from?

Tl;dr I just want a super-customisable wordpress site but for basic blogging, so as minimal maintenance as possible, what else do I probably need?

Is there an easy way to batch edit a bunch of shortcuts to point to a different drive? Or should I just leave a symlink or something in the old location?

Copying 50 files to a mapped drive - it timeouts
Put them in a single big ass zip and it swallows them no problem like a vietnamese hooker.
What gives? Win7 to some old Netgear NAS.

Can someone rewrite this in bash pls

github.com/Cephel/Sup Forums-webm-maker

I bought the IdeaPad 700 deal worth $500 in eBay a few weeks back. Should I regret my decision?

Using a console program in Linux, how can I change the DPI setting in a single page PDF file, leaving everything else untouched?
I can't use convert, because it would remove the OCR text layer.

If the world's oldest person and the world's youngest person had a baby, how old would it be?

I need to upload some information on a disk , but I've never done it before. What kind of a disk do I need to buy? And is there a difference when uploading a presentation with couple of photos and when I'm uploading videos ?

>upload some information on a disk
so you want to upload a file or multiple files?
you don't need a disk for that.

otherwise I don't understand what you're talking about, what is a "disk" for you, a hard drive or thumb stick like device?
are you trying to burn files to a CD?

Both are probably incapable of reproduction

Learn to write it yourself, you'll be better off

assuming both could still reproduce, the baby would be 0 at birth, depending on which country you ask it could be 1 too.

post markup, no one can guess accurately what you are doing from a screenshot.
the footer is probably set absolutely at the bottom, position it relative.

How do I set a variable in Java using varargs?
I.e.
public static void testMeth(int test1, int... test2) {
int tst = new test test2;
}
It says it can't convert int to int[]?

Burn files on a CD , though the name is CD disk so I just used disk. Do I need to buy cdr disk or DVD disk ?

if you need more than 650MB (and your cd drive can burn dvds) get a dvd.
check if you drive wants dvd-r or dvd+r

What am I looking for when buying an SSD besides the capacity? What matters?

The price!

Managed to sort it by just doing
tst = test2[0];
Why does Java implement variable parameters as arrays?

Do I need a permit to dig in my backyard?

form factor (normal 2.5 hdd or m2)
technology (SLC, MLC and what els exists now)
write/read speeds
and

Ask city hall, laws for this are local.

Maybe, depends on your local laws

Controller quality, nand durability

because it's dynamic, if you give it 5 elements, what do you want it to do instead?
name them variable1-5?

What is the most powerful CPU for single core? I think 6700k but I'm not 100% sure.

is it safe to store pizza on Cloud?

Doesn't exist yet

My drive only have written DVD on it, does that mean it can only read and not burn ? I'm looking at it through the device manager and the computer folder there is no "-R" or "-RW" only DVD

So if you make say
...test1
and
...test2
Will it store them in test1[0] and test1[1]? Or will it make two entirely different arrays?

I'm going to buy a motherboard for i5-6500, as it's not K I don't plan to overclock ever, but I have a choice of Z170 or H170 mobos that cost the same, yet H170 is maybe slightly better equipped, but Z170 has overclocking capabilities plus probably something more over H170 that I don't even know
The mobos in question are both ASRock:
>Z170M PRO4S
>H170M PRO4
any opinions which to choose ?

Z170

Yes it does, just not for general release yet

you can only have one vararg parameter and it has to be the last one.
how would it know when one stops and the second one starts?
it can't.

So the best you can get is 6700k

If they're the same price, go Z170.

You still kinda can overclock non-K skylake if you downgrade your BIOS.

Does it have a model number? Read only DVD drives haven't been common for years.

even if I don't plan to OC and it has less video output ports and of course it's stupid but H170 has better looks
Does Z170 have other benefits over H170 that is not overclocking ?

Support for more 2 additional USB 3.0 ports
Support for more PCIe configurations
Support for 4 more PCIe lanes
But the difference is not really that significant

I want to become a hacker, I have no aversion to reading and buying books or hardware, here's the things I've done so far
>made and distributed ransomware
>made and setup a botnet (wrote everything myself)
>made a device that encrypts, 0s and deletes everything on a usb that is inserted
>made an encrypted chat service
>made a keylogger
>used social engineering
so what do I read/do?

Is Acronis True Image HD a useful program? I got a key for it bundled with a SSD I bought recently not sure if I should bother to download it though.

System information under media type it says DVD-rom is that the same ?

docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/Integer.html#parseInt(java.lang.String)

hello.

how do i download all full-sized images from a thread with wget?

No memeing or shilling, is Solus actually a good OS for beginners?
I had planned to install Debian in a few weeks but Solus looks more polished.

>Are there any drivers for a dedicated secondary nVidia GPU?
>Does WiFi and audio work out of the box?
>Is it stable?

Is it possible to get filenames starting with numbers in Windows to sort numerically rather than alphabetically? I know I could just append zeroes to make everything the same number of digits but that looks ugly sometimes, for example on shortcuts to change resolution I don't like seeing leading zeroes, it looks untidy.

Pretty sure the only difference between the thumbnail URL and the full image is the thumbnail contains an "s" at the end. So just strip that character and you should get the full images.

No. Less support, more chance of bugs.
If, no, when you run into a problem, it will be easier to find solutions for it if you, as a beginner, are using a more traditional distro.
Debian, Mint, or Ubuntu are your choices.

How mad do you think boogie2988 would get if someone took clips of him being fat and put them to "fat" by weird al?

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/319827

Are those green cutting boards good to use a mouse on?

I downloaded a torrent of a game. (ShipSim 06). And when it finished downloading, the file was in a .bin file. How do i extract it and or installl it

How do you clear a file of its contents?
I want to make a load system, whereby if the player doesn't want to load it'll clear the file and start a new game.

mount it with wincdemu

clc file.txt

What game are you making? I want to be sure I never accidently play it

Can anyone provide a link to livestreams of US news channels?

I would like to feed this into my MPV and watch some news, now and then.

サンクス

Is this in Java?
Should've specified.
A quiz. I want to learn Java and programming and this is a nice project to do it with.

I came back from uni to stay with my family on Holiday and they asked me if I could buy a new router for the house.

Currently everything is covered, but the problem is that there are too many devices here and the current router doesn't have enough processing power to handle everything.

My parents are also cheap, so they asked for something not so expensive. I was thinking about buying the Archer C7 v2, is it a good one?

We have at least 2 cabled computes, 1 computer on wireless, 1 notebook and 5 smartphones that can be connected at the same time and often the connection drops because of that number.

yes, you really should have specified.
create a new file, it'll overwrite the old one, there's no need to empty it.

So basically just:
PrintWriter saver = new PrintWriter(new FileWriter("savedGame.txt"));
saver.close();
or would you have to provide some dummy value like an empty string?

you can shorten that to
new PrintWriter("savedGame.txt").close();