Dollar Store Electronics Scavenging

I just recently got into digital circuit tinkering, and I need a micro usb port and cable for a mod, could I just scavenge these parts from collar store shit?

Obviously, dollar store electronics are lead-coated chink garbage, but is it feasible to scavenge ports or wires from them?

Other urls found in this thread:

dollartree.com/High-Speed-HDMI-1-4-Cables-3-ft-/p400996/index.prohttps://www.dollartree.com/Metallic-Micro-USB-Cables-40-in-/p398977/index.pro
aliexpress.com/item/Hot-sale-high-Quality-free-shipping-25-Models-4pcs-each-model-Mixed-order-New-Widely-Using/32268914324.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>being too poor to buy new parts

Just kill yourself.

Cost isn't an issue. I just don't want to buy a lot of 10 ports and have 9 of them sitting around for eternity if my interest wanes.

bump for interest

FUG, has no one tried this?

I remembering finding a fucking GBA game link cable back in 2009 at Dollar Tree.

>FUG, has no one tried this?
Settle down, Brendan.

How dare u
My name is Adam

Fuck off, retard.

Too bad you don't have the power...to stop being such a faggot.

I think you are better off asking on

Yes you can do that, but its easier to order stuff from aliexpress if you can wait for it. Just order everything you might need for 10$ buy a sorting box for 2 and have things ready whenever something breaks.

Meanwhile cut up cables, but its way more messy.

Thanks, user.

And thank you, too, I forgot existed

the dollar tree by my house had braided usb to mini usb phone cables, i bought 5 of them and I'm "that guy" who can help you charge your phone, IF you aren't a macfag, which you are

No problem~ On Ali you can usually take the cheapest stuff that has several orders or just take the one with most orders.

Here's my box from when I started playing with Arduinos, literally 1-2$ per piece.

they sell computer stuff at a dollar tree?

Technically. Tiny bottles of compressed air, usb cables, and screen wipes.

holyshit! they do

dollartree.com/High-Speed-HDMI-1-4-Cables-3-ft-/p400996/index.prohttps://www.dollartree.com/Metallic-Micro-USB-Cables-40-in-/p398977/index.pro

whatcho gonna do with all that junk?
all that junk
inside your trunk

Hey Chesapeake-user :^)

I don't see why not

I am actually planning to go there tomorrow to find cheap calculators, and see if they have electric fly swatter an diy a short range emp.

Im about to buy a couple of arduinos but i see alot of complaints when people buy cheap ones. Since im just getting into electronics, should i avoid cheap ones?

fun fact: dollar tree 9 volts can't power guitar pedals, they are CIA Nigger tier 9 volt batteries only suitable for cuck shit

I havent had any problems, its the same chip as real ones anyways and they behave exactly the same. I like the RobotDyn ones, since they have MicroUSB and not Mini or Tyoe B. Also black with blue LEDs looks nice. I've had mine for 2-6 months now, none broke.

my dollar tree has about a hundred of these

They sell male usb to male microusb cables. There's a flat and a round cable. They may or may not be out of stock.

Which is exactly why you shouldn't support them by shopping there.

it's understood that everything at the dollar tree is shit, it's the fucking dollar tree

i love it btw, best place to go for candy, snacks, cleaning supplies, shitty things

You truly deserve to be gassed.

you deserve to have the shit kicked out of you for being a snobby faggot who probably doesn't even buy his own food, work or pay rent. I'm not going to the grocery store next door to Dollar Tree to pay literally 2.5x the price for a bag of red vines rope licorice

oatmeal creme pies, popcorn, pretzels, ginger snaps, trail mix, fucking Pork Rinds, hella cookies, garbage bags, sponges, scrubbies, fabric softener, detergent, suntan lotion, sunglasses when you don't have a pair on you... these are just a few of the hundreds of reasons that Dollar Tree is basically the only brick and mortar store that has been growing in the last decade

I'm feeling downright patriotic about this shit, going to the Tree tomorrow

Why don't you just order electronic parts from China? They're dirt cheap with free shipping.

There is no probably he is definitely a entitled bitch in his teens, and thinks it knows everything.

not even poor, and I use the dollar tree

here is one example right here. You can get a 2 or 3 pack of little pocket notebooks for $1 at the dollar tree, or pay $.79 each for one at a retail store

just one of many examples

to be honest, I have been planning on visiting it for a while. I'm going to buy all my plates and drinking glasses from there

>implying I'm going to pay 16 dollars for a 4 pack of mugs

Buy one and post the internals.

aliexpress.com/item/Hot-sale-high-Quality-free-shipping-25-Models-4pcs-each-model-Mixed-order-New-Widely-Using/32268914324.html

Not sure if you need one hundred though.

Go fellate your father's shotgun, asswipe.

someone did awhile ago... maybe even on here.

it had this kind of rare, super shitty type of storage not typically found in flash drives. and the amount of storage was tiny as well.

Might have been write protected

They always place these dollar stores next to a walmart to scavanger on the few people that are even too cheap or smart for walmart, pretty good strategy.