> playing the same video file on a pc

> windows 10 films and tv uses 4% CPU 30MB ram

>VLC uses 25% CPU 180MB ram

Why do people use free software again?

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/t/third-world.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it's free.

Back when I tried it it couldn't even display the subtitles.
It's easy to accomplish low requirements when you strap off lots of useful features.
Also, mpv > VLC.

Could you re-read your shitty statement and answer it yourself ? Faggot

do you suck dicks?

daily reminder that if you have even TRIED a different media player than VLC since the 2000's, you are an idiot who doesn't know how to watch videos

Daily reminder VLC devs are faggots

who gives a shit, all programmers and developers are faggots and nerds, what planet do you live on?

user it's free if you're using Windows 10, and most people who have jobs (I.e not people who rice arch in their parents basement) use windows in the professional world

user you're the one who is willingly getting cucked out of your hardware...

>only used vlc
>never any problem, so no reason to swap

feels goodman

Subtitles work on the setup I've had since 2006.

>rebuilding font cache

>4% CPU
>25% CPU

try checking what your GPU is doing instead faggot. w10 video player is heavily optimized to use gpu video decoding, leaving your cpu nearly unused, programs like vlc on the otherhand, are made to use software decoding on the cpu because that's just how freeware works for old devs that are used to old programming styles. gpu acceleration is hard to code for and you won't see many "free" programs using it. vlc's gpu acceleration features have stayed in "beta" for fucking YEARS, and it still sucks.

>try checking what your GPU is doing instead faggot.
You expect too much from OP.

>the CPU gets used more when you turn off hardware acceleration

Great news OP

You've had Windows 10's movies software since 2006?

It's easy to not use resources when the only thing you can do with the app is press pause/play.
VLC has a ton of features.

This. I installed VLC because windows 10 media player whatever bullshit crashed on a bunch of mkvs I downloaded.

Windows media player reports all the filenames you play to the MPAA, have fun getting raided noob

user that's great and all, but people use video players to watch videos, not some riced subtitle fonts

>VLC devs are faggots

Do they still claim it's impossible to allow left click in the video window to play/pause? Because not having that is inexcusable.

Windows could be faking the cpu utiilization to claim that their software is well optimised.

>Current year
>Not using based MPV
When will all these FILTHY WINDOWS KEKS GET OFF NY BOARD

what if you are not american?

>Windows could be faking the cpu utiilization to claim that their software is well optimised.

They don't need to fake it, it's native and is well optimized compared to software that is cross compiled.

Does mpv work with commands only?

No. You open the video file and it plays.

Its a command line application

you set up a config file with what options you want run by default, then you click on shit and it plays with those settings

but you can use the command line to temporarily use other settings.

No, but if you don't use command line options and you don't double click a video to open it then it'll pop up a window where you can drag a video onto it.

>It's another third worlder thinks that he's above American law episode

America is the definition of third world, you dumbass ameritard

>using windows
ecs dee

really? how do you define it?

investopedia.com/terms/t/third-world.asp

Yeah but I try to play .mkv in windows film and TV and it doesn't even have the fucking sound codec so I just go back to vlc. Guess you're just memeing?