/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

:) edition

Previous thread Missing link >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

first for indefinite freeleech with no real deadlines :)

Is there a way to search for unchecked torrents on ptp?

legit tho like what the fuck do i do with 25 freeleech tokens...

tfw setting Apollo's bandwidth to 1 MB/s limit because sick of it

download a book
>How to BOMB the U.S. Gov't by Sam Hyde

download 25 lithuanian bird song FLACs

great way to get /marked/ by the fbi

Frank Zappa's entire discography.

I hope it gets trumped kek

>no invite giveaways on xanax

Wow, sure am glad I uploaded enough for TM

Opencandy

lmao

they literally gave out 100k invites a week ago and they've gotten 5k out of it :^)

will trade bB invite for PTH invite

Thoughts on Apollo's economy?
Is it possible that the questionable abuse of freeleech length will make it a tracker that isn't favoured by invites on specific trackers?

Free buffer for the poorfags.

>1GB ebook

where's my HDB invite?

>hi-res
>over 700 pages

music trackers in general are stupid
They're basically just a complicated archival system

Post WW1 Germany tried to print of money to pay off its reparations and consequently money was worthless and used as toilet paper/starting fires.

The same issue will be present on Apollo as there is so much buffer in circulation that people don't need to seed or upload anything and can simply hit and run at will, so they can download much more than they upload. It will not be an indication of a productive private tracker user who can contribute and seed for long times on other trackers so trackers will probably ban their invites from being distributed on their forums (like with how it's easy to survive on MAM so it has a miles long banlist of trackers that are forbidden to offer.)

anyone send him an invite?

this is why HDB has the best system

seedboxers can hit n run and home connections can collect BP to get their upload

its a win/win

and you are?

I would if he wants one.

>do you like to pirate video games?
>are you worried about the immediate longevity of your favourite site?
>reminder to:
- USE GGn BUFFER
- RECORD PROOF OF MEMBERSHIP

//once per thread, do not say we did not warn you

I like the fact that HDB only lets users use BP for ratio if they're under a certain threshold and also tries to avoid letting seedboxes monopolise everything.

Interesting book!

Is bareback like a gay tracker or..?

>non-native digital format
wew

At this point it is kind of grotesque seeing this kind of shilling your own tracker.

reddit tracker

Just secure an account on another video game tracker, I don't care which one or if you even use it
GGn *will* be going down within the week

what did he mean by that?

[email protected]

Throw in some timestamped dick pics & you're in, champ

if it were natively digital, it would not need a '''high-resolution''' because it would be scalable to begin with. that is unless, the book is natively digital but contains an obscene amount of raster images
ca peche?

it goes down every week tho

Shut down for an indefinite amount of time
Mark my words; we will all miss GGn

your new pal, what's up

>playing video games

You deserve it

capeesh

:P

>:)
>usb

Tracker list, got in to most just before everyone clamped down on recruitment:
HDB
PTP
BTN
BIB
Ncore + FL
bb
SIG
TVC

Don't use that often:
AB
IPT
MTV
MAM
SCC (shit)
Emp (doing nofap)
AHD
Xspeeds

Recent:
PTH
APOO

Life is good. Just got a new job too (not a NEET any more)

you should be using AHD more often so you don't waste buffer on HDB/PTP

>GGn *will* be going down within the week

Sure it will, kiddo.

Why is watching grown ups pretend to be somebody they're not more acceptable than playing video games?

Tracker list:
PTP
BTN
PTH

Wishlist:
HDB
Bib

>Bib

its basically like a full time job when youre a new member on Bib

>belongs to gajilion muh secret clubs
>does nofap

yeah, life is great user :) keep going, bud! :)

PTP
Ncore + FL
bb
SIG
MTV
Xspeeds

where do these recruit

What are you imblying, babbyposter?

Is it that hard? Can't you just do like the first month on PTP and download only freeleech and seed it 24/7 to build a buffer?

>tfw got ungodly amounts of buffer from likely the only freeleech they'll ever do

>almost 15 gbs up via audiobooks from mam
>no overdrive access
>got invited thru mutracker invite forum

Gas yourself, shit for brains.

/ptg/ a never ending cavalcade of shit

I don't care about what you find pleasure in. I'm just jaded and hate the medium.

t. video game dev

to expand on this
>tfw upload credit is so highly valued on bib that I shower my requests with relative wealth
>tfw can get people to buy me any book I want

Apooloo staff detected.

You don't quite understand how inflation works do you? Bless. At least you tried.

Missed the PTH announcement last night but I assume we all agree the tracker is as good as dead now?

The only way they've left for people to get upload credit is through uploading torrents, but no one is snatching torrents because the majority of users don't have enough upload credit. How is 25 FL tokens meant to help that?

I don't really care cos I got in before the freeleech and have a big buffer, but this is going to disincentivise people from uploading longterm, right?

>tfw the PTH inviter logged into his account, 5 days after your PM and still hasn't invited you.

He knows the tracker is dead and he doesn't want to put you through it.

PTP is practically closed at the moment. User cap is 30K, user base is around 35K. In any given month, usually about 250-500 users are disabled meaning you're looking at maybe a year or more where PTP accepts no new users.

Bib isnt a tracker
its just a book request pyramid scheme

>less than 5 snatches for 90% of torrents
>they go dead within a year

xanax staff identified

>how is giving users free downloads supposed to help people generate upload?

Gee I dunno user that's a real stumper. Ya got me.

marked
a
r
k
e
d

Hola lovely person!

can someone give me 1(ONE) non autistic reason why the people who literally only upload even bother ? what the fuck is there to gain?

e-peen and positive feels

How new are you? The trackers are only 2 weeks old. Imagine getting in early on What.

It's usually social outcasts who have nothing to do but seek approval on the internet. "TORRENT MASTER" and a few TB of buffer next to it is their satisfaction.

Remember when What went down, then replacement sites started popping out, and only a select few would get invited to them? Those were those people

You don't understand the extent of the ratio economy's problem if you think 25 FL tokens are going to give people sufficient buffer for the future to download with impunity. WCD's economy was far from perfect, but at least they had people with big enough buffers who could autosnatch because they'd exploited previous freeleeches. This meant that people would upload new torrents because they knew they were guaranteed at least a couple of snatches and a boost to their ratio.

Amazes me that some people here probably spend 12 hours a day on trackers but still haven't grasped how things work properly.

I was in early on WCD and it was a lot more like XNX than PTH. PTH reminds me of how Waffles started off but with even more clueless staff.

The fact that they upload constantly shows they already have stuff you mong they probably buy BDs

>Tracker landscape was much different 10 years ago -meem coming in 3..2..1..

ok, but they already have 99.99% if not 100% of everything they're ever going to listen to? why put in the time then? pure autism

So you expect them to farm out buffer until an undetermined amount of users decide to grant benevolence across the tracker by auto-downloading everything?

And you don't think that indicates a flaw in the system itself?

Maybe they enjoy it. Maybe they buy a release for themselves and rip it for their friends and as it's ripped they just upload it.

Autosnatchers for 2016 releases are already in place on PTH (though for FLACs only, I think). It's just as easy/hard to get ratio as it was on What.

PERFECT SYSTEM:
>Ratioless/BP
>MUST seed own torrents forever

>but they already have 99.99% if not 100% of everything they're ever going to listen to

You know, new music comes out all the time, right? Do you really think these people will never want new music?

ok niggers give me invite
i was power user, 3 point something ratio, and i got 150gb of assorted FLAC and v0 to upload. not a bunch of staff pick freeleech shit either, i actually downloaded music i like

It's not about the content but the "status" within the torrent community.

>i actually downloaded music i like

What the fuck is wrong with you?

>Xanax staff in this thread
>PTH staff probably here as well
That isn't a good idea.

>MUST seed own torrents forever
Nah rather extra long HnR period like a week or two.

>status" within the torrent community.
AHAHAHAHAH

Comparing ratio inflation with fiat money inflation is not proper. When there are more dollars in circulations every individual dollar loses it's value because people tend to have more and are thus willing to spend more for things they need.

With ratio buffer, if you have 100MB buffer, you can always get 100Mb worth of download. The only case where you can spend more buffer than what you're downloading is requests were you can spend as much buffer as you want on anything assuming it's not already on the site.

The fact that buffer has this intrincic property within the system means that there will always be an incentive for people to gain more if for no reason other than e-penis bragging rights.

Sure, but since they're not going to overhaul the shitty system they use they should be trying to optimise it within the present confines.

Ok, how about this: You must be able to re-seed your torrents.

>/ptg/ finally has discussion
It's a miracle.

Note the quotation marks

noted

Yeah I was in both too in 2007 and that is the most out the ass statement I have heard on the current situation yet.

yeah same dude

>mfw spending all day uploading to PassTheCuckoldry even though I know it will lose to Apooloo

Yet you have no explanation or further details? No need to pretend on an anonymous image board, you have nothing to gain.